Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
What an excellent question.

Because it's one of the most anticipated Mac games in a long time, and just the delays themselves have turned into a story, without even considering how many people want(ed) the game itself?

Just a guess.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Any word on whether the game has elevated beyond the state of terrible?
Why would I play this an not SC4 instead?

You wouldn't, unless you wanted a simpler version with prettier graphics and no room to expand.

Can you actually save and whatnot? How about bring in old cities you made 15 years ago? I've not had good success with emulation versions.

The game runs in dosbox. If dos and Mac save files are compatible, then it should work, though I have no idea if this is the case. You're better off asking this on the gog.com forum for the game.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Havent seen any bugs so far and it runs in the Lion+ full screen mode! THANK YOU EA IM VERY IMPRESSED!

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
UK
Meets all of the specs for my 4.5 year old MBP apart from the OS :( Stuck on 10.6.8 and it needs 10.7 or higher.

Oh well, that's a shame.

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Resolution is annoying on my 27in iMac. Glad it is finally on mac though finally.

hayesk

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2003
Is this the first time any of the SimCity games have been available for the Mac? I remember playing this in 2000 on a PC.

Seems a little late :rolleyes:

You played SimCity 2000 on a PC. SimCity suffers from version number issues (SC, SC2000, SC3, SC4, SC), but SimCity has always been available for Mac. The first SimCity debuted on black and white Macs in 1989.

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
There's a lot of people in this very thread that are not happy with EA and their business practises. Not to mention the other Sim City thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1618970/

So collectively, it does matter.

Oh Boo Hoo.

A few people on MacRumors moaning about EA = statistically insignificant. Just like the thread earlier today moaning that all MacBook Pros are faulty. This place attracts the 5% of people that have something to say. The other 95% are merrily using their Apple products happily.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Oh Boo Hoo.

A few people on MacRumors moaning about EA = statistically insignificant. Just like the thread earlier today moaning that all MacBook Pros are faulty. This place attracts the 5% of people that have something to say. The other 95% are merrily using their Apple products happily.

This has nothing to do with MacBook's so I am unsure why you are using them to try and add weight to your view.

EA have been publicly slaughtered for the way they delivered the PC version of the game, then there was the actual game itself which was absolute crap. It hurt sales significantly.

The whole launch fiasco that even made national news. Large numbers of people demanded refunds, which EA refused to give:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/7/4076570/ea-not-offering-simcity-refunds

But you can ignore the facts about it if you like. Feel free to blind me with more irrelevant statistics about faulty MacBook's...

EA have ruined countless gaming franchises (for me the biggest travesty is what they did with Command & Conquer). And let's not forget the DRM issues.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
It runs very well on my mac pro at high settings. Looks like they did a pretty good job of the osx build.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.