Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Boo, but Cyber duck will have a SL version by September don't you think?

Hopefully. There are 55 current issues they are working on for version 3.3 (the version that will support Snow Leopard). They have completed development of 13 of them, so the version is 24% done with development. There is no estimated release date right now either.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
The news about Cyberduck isn't totally unexpected. Not cyberduck specifically, but about crashing apps. I feel like that's likely par for the course until they have more time to update them.

EmperorDarius

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2009
I hope that devs will start working with the dev build of Snow Leopard, so we poly-apps users don't need to wait a year to get it. I hope a simple update will be enough for apps like Adobe's, FCS, LS, Aperture etc.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
The news about Cyberduck isn't totally unexpected. Not cyberduck specifically, but about crashing apps. I feel like that's likely par for the course until they have more time to update them.

Yeah, and this was tied to Java (cyberduck uses 1.5, Snow Leop. has 1.6). Shouldn't effect many apps that use Objective-C and cocoa, mostly Java apps will take a hit if anything.

Clony

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
Hi, after installing the snow b10a380, i got a huge problem, i want to downgrade to 10.5.7 but have huge problems whit boot loop when trying to boot from installation (10.5.7) cd (the 2 cd's that came whit my macbookair)

It restarts, chime comes on, gray bootscreen whit apple logo, cd spinns up, and 10sec later it restartes and do the same over and over and over....

Any ideas? and is there any backdoor option to formate my os disk and run the installation totally clean from the begining? like the WinXP whit formate before installing it on disk?

darkmeton

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2008
Hi, after installing the snow b10a380, i got a huge problem, i want to downgrade to 10.5.7 but have huge problems whit boot loop when trying to boot from installation (10.5.7) cd (the 2 cd's that came whit my macbookair)

It restarts, chime comes on, gray bootscreen whit apple logo, cd spinns up, and 10sec later it restartes and do the same over and over and over....

Any ideas? and is there any backdoor option to formate my os disk and run the installation totally clean from the begining? like the WinXP whit formate before installing it on disk?

have you tried pressing C when booting? That's how it loads the installation wizard

I have another problem. I have 2 HDDs, one Hitachi that came with the MacBook and one Scorpio black. I have 10.5.7 on scorpio. I took it out and put back in the hitachi where I installed snow leopard. But when I put the Scorpio back in, it now takes a long time to boot for 10.5.7.. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Clony

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
have you tried pressing C when booting? That's how it loads the installation wizard

I have another problem. I have 2 HDDs, one Hitachi that came with the MacBook and one Scorpio black. I have 10.5.7 on scorpio. I took it out and put back in the hitachi where I installed snow leopard. But when I put the Scorpio back in, it now takes a long time to boot for 10.5.7.. Anyone knows how to fix this?

No, the c button did not work :(

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
When trying to remote install OS X, as I'd lie to go back to 10.5.7, I just get a kernel panic. I've tried at least 5 times with the same results. I guess I'm stick with Snow Leopard :mad:

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
When trying to remote install OS X, as I'd lie to go back to 10.5.7, I just get a kernel panic. I've tried at least 5 times with the same results. I guess I'm stick with Snow Leopard :mad:

I personally never use the remote drive, too slow and cumbersome. Might be in your best interest in picking one up so you can get it working, I bet that will fix your kernel panic issue.

Did you try a re-install on a new partition?

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I personally never use the remote drive, too slow and cumbersome. Might be in your best interest in picking one up so you can get it working, I bet that will fix your kernel panic issue.

Did you try a re-install on a new partition?

I don't get that far. As soon as I select the Mac OS X install, my PC tells me it's "waiting for MacBook Air to start up" and then the gears on the Apple logo screen eventually stops turning and I just get the kernel panic.

Clony

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
Taken from my thread->

Uhh, it seems that its only the mac leopard snow disc that can be booted on startup. I can go inn and install it again or do some disk testing and so, you folks know what I'm talking about.

I was able do delete my os disk and clean it out, but when i restarted my computer and the original mac osx cd was inserted to the superdrive, it was just like before but whit out the option to boot from Macintosh HD disk.

I tried also a fresh installation of mac osx snow, and hoped that booting from my original mac osx cd would work as maybe the "live" snow update may have corrupted or crashed something on the drive or system, but no, the same ***** thing whit original mac osx cd & boot loop appeared.

I tried the cd in my macpro and it booted whit it whit no problems, so its not the disc..

Its like that the leopard snow installation made my macbookair not able to boot older mac versions to setup and install.

It seems like I have to send in my MBA to a local apple repair center, but what the heck should i say, that i got a copy of snow and was hyped on seeing how it looked and wanted a little taste of what is going to be my main OS in a few months???

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Taken from my thread->

Uhh, it seems that its only the mac leopard snow disc that can be booted on startup. I can go inn and install it again or do some disk testing and so, you folks know what I'm talking about.

I was able do delete my os disk and clean it out, but when i restarted my computer and the original mac osx cd was inserted to the superdrive, it was just like before but whit out the option to boot from Macintosh HD disk.

I tried also a fresh installation of mac osx snow, and hoped that booting from my original mac osx cd would work as maybe the "live" snow update may have corrupted or crashed something on the drive or system, but no, the same ***** thing whit original mac osx cd & boot loop appeared.

I tried the cd in my macpro and it booted whit it whit no problems, so its not the disc..

Its like that the leopard snow installation made my macbookair not able to boot older mac versions to setup and install.

It seems like I have to send in my MBA to a local apple repair center, but what the heck should i say, that i got a copy of snow and was hyped on seeing how it looked and wanted a little taste of what is going to be my main OS in a few months???

You could say either you or your relative is an Apple developer and have full authorization to use the OS.

Clony

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
You could say either you or your relative is an Apple developer and have full authorization to use the OS.

Ahh, no that's to risky. Then they will ask me questions about why i have the computer and so on.

What i can do is run the leopard snow disk, run the Disk Utillity and erase the disk good and send it in for repair and say that it will not boot whit the factory cd's..

But if i only could fix it myself. Isn't there any 10.6.0 to 10.5.7 downgrade app or guide? i have searched all around google and other mac forums, but it seems that its only me that have this friggin problem... :(

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Ahh, no that's to risky. Then they will ask me questions about why i have the computer and so on.

What i can do is run the leopard snow disk, run the Disk Utillity and erase the disk good and send it in for repair and say that it will not boot whit the factory cd's..

But if i only could fix it myself. Isn't there any 10.6.0 to 10.5.7 downgrade app or guide? i have searched all around google and other mac forums, but it seems that its only me that have this friggin problem... :(

Well, if it's any consolation, I can't downgrade either. I thought it was just because I was trying to install it using Remote Install OS X, but apparently you just can't downgrade from Snow Leopard. There aren't really any guides, as there aren't very many people who are using it. I think completely erasing the disk is a good idea though, and should work.

wildoz

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2008
I did a clean install on a rev b 1.6 HD air by partitioning the installed HD. Kept my old install and can boot into either one. I love it. Most of the leopard app folder works. Some of the software has to be installed onto the new partition but overall I am happy with the way it is working. The performance boost was moderate with the testing I've done so far. I'm guessing that the HD is the cause of my lack of substantial performance gain.
Where can I find the benchmark software everyone is using?
And any input as to long term side effects of what I did are welcome.
I'm hoping that when I tire of playing with a half baked product I can just delete the partition and expand the Leopard one back to full.

mmulin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
On my MP Vuze doesn't work. Under the A354 build it would start but downloads were a slouch. Under A380 Vuze wouldn't even start up. I think they still have to a few things with Java.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.