Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mia-rafael

Suspended
May 21, 2016
I hate apple for that now. Their arrogance is beyond limits. Dealing with support is also a massive time wasting effort. It's like Alice in Wonderland. At the end they will tell you it's supposed to work like that.
They also bribe cyber trolls to monitor any negative comments online., most companies fallow this big brother gov trend, this used to also exist before the internet until federal laws where passed against it, its sort of like propaganda or manipulation of public information miss leading the public to believe they are perfect., Apple is a big gov type corp now,

i rather use it for the platform but its true that they abuse, munipulate and try to convince people to buy more and more then build anything good, its the new thing since computers got fast, they spend more time breaking things they make look pretty

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
They also bribe cyber trolls to monitor any negative comments online., most companies fallow this big brother gov trend, this used to also exist before the internet until federal laws where passed against it, its sort of like propaganda or manipulation of public information miss leading the public to believe they are perfect., Apple is a big gov type corp now,

i rather use it for the platform but its true that they abuse, munipulate and try to convince people to buy more and more then build anything good, its the new thing since computers got fast, they spend more time breaking things they make look pretty

I thought I was the only one who thought that. Have also stopped following several YouTube reviewers as they are all turning into infomercials and become less critical.

mia-rafael

Suspended
May 21, 2016
I thought I was the only one who thought that. Have also stopped following several YouTube reviewers as they are all turning into infomercials and become less critical.
start your own channel and i bet apple will give you all kinds of gifts so you talk nice about them

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
You’ve assumed correctly, in my opinion. That and numerous other Mail bugs reported by a multitude of people have gone ignored so far. They either cannot fix the bugs, or the bugs aren’t important enough for them to care.

Hundreds of people on Twitter and on Apple’s support forums have complained, but the complaints seem to fall upon deaf ears. I only hope enough people are opening tickets.

One would think that so many complaints from enterprises with thousands of users impacted would spur Apple into action. We’re at 13.2.2 now, and very little has been done to address Mail bugs.

Apple only seems to acknowledge certain bugs when the media gives them attention. I suggest that people experiencing Mail problems start contacting journalists rather than Apple. I’ve done so already.

Contact the likes of John Gruber, and that ArsTechnica guy....oops wait, he works for Apple now. lol

FACT: When consumers loudly SLAM companies of wrongdoing on social media channels, those companies scramble with damage control and try to rectify things. It's not just Apple or Amazon, it's every large corporation from Starbucks and Target to even medium-sized franchises like In-N-Out burger.

That's one of the best way to get their attention, and for them to fix things.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Crazy that it’s been 109 days or almost 1/3 of a year since the public release of iOS 13 (and far longer since beta 1), and yet Mail is still as broken.

Reactions: cflem

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
There is an app called AirMessage that you download on the phone. Once that's done, there is a tutorial to set it up. It involves changing a couple of settings on your router and using an DNS Service, but its nothing super complicated.

I can tell you this, it works flawlessly all the time. If you take the time to set it up, its well worth it.
I just use Spark. I don’t have to change anything. It works like ios mail USED to.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
The only two issues with 3rd part mail apps is that:
1. You can't change the default mail app in IOS
2. If you have rules set up so that new emails automatically are moved to a certain folder, you won't get any new mail notifications for those emails.

Reactions: Dwalls90

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2018
Still no issues for me using only iCloud with an iCloud email address.

Last edited:

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
The only two issues with 3rd part mail apps is that:
1. You can't change the default mail app in IOS
2. If you have rules set up so that new emails automatically are moved to a certain folder, you won't get any new mail notifications for those emails.
The second issue was also present in Apple Mail in iOS 11, and iOS 13 till release of 13.1. Lets hope the issue is not there in iOS 14.

AeroZ

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
Estonia
The second issue was also present in Apple Mail in iOS 11, and iOS 13 till release of 13.1. Lets hope the issue is not there in iOS 14.

Didn't notice having thst issue before. Maybe because I added the folders as favorite mailboxes?

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Didn't notice having thst issue before. Maybe because I added the folders as favorite mailboxes?
Actually the iOS 13.0 did not allow favorite folder notifications.
The favorite folders generated notifications only since 13.1. The iOS 11 also did not give out favorite folder notifications. iOS 12 all versions did give favorite folder notifications.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
They also bribe cyber trolls to monitor any negative comments online., most companies fallow this big brother gov trend

I really don't think this happens. Major brands do indeed perform brain washing on people, but it's called marketing. You just can't get away with playing games like the ones you suspect the likes of Apple doing. If you do, the truth will surface and it'll be far uglier than any of the product flaws you were trying to cover up in the first place.

Steve Jobs was known to emit a "reality distortion field" and he was called on his BS regularly. Every form of big brother may be big, but big is not synonymous with omniscient. If they were as all knowing and cunning as some people think, we wouldn't even be allowed to have this discussion.

China might be the biggest of big brothers out there right now and even they can't control what people think in private. The likes of Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook have outsized power in our world today and probably too much, but they're nowhere near being something like the Chinese government.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I really don't think this happens. Major brands do indeed perform brain washing on people, but it's called marketing. You just can't get away with playing games like the ones you suspect the likes of Apple doing. If you do, the truth will surface and it'll be far uglier than any of the product flaws you were trying to cover up in the first place.

Steve Jobs was known to emit a "reality distortion field" and he was called on his BS regularly. Every form of big brother may be big, but big is not synonymous with omniscient. If they were as all knowing and cunning as some people think, we wouldn't even be allowed to have this discussion.

China might be the biggest of big brothers out there right now and even they can't control what people think in private. The likes of Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook have outsized power in our world today and probably too much, but they're nowhere near being something like the Chinese government.

Don’t talk sense! Don’t be sensible! This is Macrumors, you’re not allowed to do that here, especially with the conspiracy theorists!

rforno

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2017
This is beyond frustrating. Email for me is a 'killer app' so until they fix Mail on 13, I'll stay on 12.x on my 8.

Frankly between things like the Mail problems, their ongoing QA issues, having to waste time 'hacking' your phone desktop to be functional and/or laid-out like you want, I'm really getting fed-up with Apple's Model-T mentality in 2020: "ie you can have any apps you want, as long as they are arranged in a grid that you can't (easily) edit)" or "you can use any apps you want, but only Apple ones are allowed to be used by default." (old rantings, I know....)

Apple needs to spend less time on emojis and animojis and more time on general QA and offering power-users the ability to make their devices more responsive to *their* needs and not Cupertino's ego.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Who wants to bet that iOS 14 will be more about "fixing" what's broken with iOS 13? I would be money that Apple does the exact same thing they did with iOS 12 for iOS 14.

I can tell you this, this is the absolute last time I do a major iOS update until I'm certain that things like mail are working properly. Its absolutely ridiculous that Apple is seemingly ignoring this problem.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018
This is beyond frustrating. Email for me is a 'killer app' so until they fix Mail on 13, I'll stay on 12.x on my 8.

Frankly between things like the Mail problems, their ongoing QA issues, having to waste time 'hacking' your phone desktop to be functional and/or laid-out like you want, I'm really getting fed-up with Apple's Model-T mentality in 2020: "ie you can have any apps you want, as long as they are arranged in a grid that you can't (easily) edit)" or "you can use any apps you want, but only Apple ones are allowed to be used by default." (old rantings, I know....)

Apple needs to spend less time on emojis and animojis and more time on general QA and offering power-users the ability to make their devices more responsive to *their* needs and not Cupertino's ego.

Agree. I have always been more of an iOS than Android person and always had a problem the with the way Android was developed. But its gotten a lot better.

Still huge issues with getting updates at all or timely, but that old iOs just works really is harder to argue anymore, or a reason to not try Android again if it doesnt improve.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Agreed, as a product, Apple Mail is probably the weakest of their native offerings. I would not worry about it at all, considering there are many excellent third-party apps. ?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Agreed, as a product, Apple Mail is probably the weakest of their native offerings. I would not worry about it at all, considering there are many excellent third-party apps. ?

Here's to hoping it's overhauled in iOS 14. While I strongly dislike Google as a company, their app and gmail functionality is leagues ahead of Apple's.

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2018

I do get some stuff they will never do- snooze, send later- stuff that requires a server for privacy reasons. And that is ok.

But geez we are just talking having it work properly, not even more features. The feature set isnt "terrible" really.

Here's to hoping it's overhauled in iOS 14. While I strongly dislike Google as a company, their app and gmail functionality is leagues ahead of Apple's.

I would disagree the Gmail apps is "better" Until I can attach a file from another source but Google Drive the Gmail app is useless to me. There are a ton of quirks with the Gmail app too, not bugs like Apple Mail, but its own set of shortcomings as a mail app.

To me the app is just a glorified mobile web page.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
We've got to wait for the next iOS update (13.?.?). I'm trialling that on my iPad and Mail seems to be working OK on there.

Anyone have a rough idea when this could be released?

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2017
Agreed, as a product, Apple Mail is probably the weakest of their native offerings. I would not worry about it at all, considering there are many excellent third-party apps. 🖐

That's only partially true. Corporate exchange accounts with device policies enabled behind VPNs may only work with the native Mail app.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I hate to say it but I'm very close to moving to Gmail. My company uses Google, and won't let us authenticate our Gmail account through any other third party app. Apple's Mail app is so bad I continuously have to recheck and reconcile my inbox multiple times a day because it doesn't sync read/unread properly, which is obviously extremely important.

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
I agree it’s strange that Macrumors haven’t written anything on this; I’ve tweeted Apple and Tim Cook about mail a couple of times and copied in Macrumors but they don’t seem bothered. Perhaps if everyone who has contributed to this thread tweets them we will get somewhere...?

My mail app has actually got worse over the last few days, more restarts to download mail and more out of sync. Weird and annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.