Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djay

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009
It's even worse on the ipad. Too much white and bright pastel colors. .

Maybe they can manage to incorporate the option of maybe 3 color palette schemes? 1. Pastel - Minimalist Heaven for your feminine side and two other palettes containing colors found in the real world? :eek:

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
I stare at these things all day. This is really serious.

I feel like a lab experiment. :D

zBoost

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
What was wrong with the nice warm colors used before in iOS6 so they changed it to so bright and "neon" colors :confused:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I would never be caught dead with a bright pink phone. They may want the 5C to be the big draw....it will not be appreciated by men (a largely apple market)

Tell that to the numbers. Apparently the yellow one is the most popular right now and in China the Gold 5S is the most popular.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
The light sensor works great in my iPhone 5. I actually noticed it shift today, since everything is so white. I walked in my living room from a dark area to a window that was very bright and it gradually got a lot brighter...then dimmed when I moved back.

I'm wondering if it's not good at extremes. When I put the top down on my car and with the sun shining directly on it, it still only goes up to about halfway brightness. I have to manually put it all the way up to have any hope of seeing anything on screen.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Let me state right off I HATE to complain.

Yet, I can't help thinking there is going to be a **** storm coming.

I had pretty much switched to just using an iPad. I was happy :)

Then this?

Oh well......

Trust me its already here.....

And unfortunately, those of us who either like iOS 7 or don't care enough to complain are caught in it.

Happens every year, though bigger changes bring about MORE complaining. It'll all pass. I had a "meh" reaction when I first started using the Beta. Now I hate using my 4S with iOS 6.

Can't wait to be on the 5S.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. Set both the "Increase Contrast" and "Bold Text" options to "On". Having the "Bold Text" option turned on makes a huge difference.

Wow, this helped a bit for sure.

----------

What's even worse than the white is that sickening green color from Messages. Could they have chosen a worse shade? In iOS6 it was much easier on the eyes, and the 3D bubble effect made it softer. Now, it's just this blah neon green paint.

It looks like a teenage novice programmer's IM app.

Weirdly enough I actually prefer the new messages shades, I always hated the 3d bubbles. The color is kind of gradated, versus the solid green of the old bubbles and it is ugly, but unlike everything else provides a decent contrast. I'm quite surprised they didn't do off white bubbles like everything else.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Everyone try this...

Switch to invert colors for a sec and feel your eyes relax all the sudden. I actually disagreed with this thread until I did this.

OMG is it nice to have it darker.. This white stuff is causing eye strain off the hizzy! We need darker options or class action suit coming for idamage ;)

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
It wouldn't shock me at all if they added black (dark) in a future point release.

What surprises me is that my gfs white iPhone has a white restart screen with a black apple...would have figured they would have done a white theme for the white iPhone and a dark theme for black...and then colored themes for each color.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Everyone try this...

Switch to invert colors for a sec and feel your eyes relax all the sudden. I actually disagreed with this thread until I did this.

OMG is it nice to have it darker.. This white stuff is causing eye strain off the hizzy! We need darker options or class action suit coming for idamage ;)

Yep, we weren't making it up. It doesn't even have to be perfectly dark around you to feel the difference. It's even better on the iPad.

Set Triple-Click Home to Invert colors, then just switch them on the fly. That's what my lady and I do on our phones/ipads.

Install Change Colors for Chrome on the computer... lets you instantly flip to black background with white text, but leaves the photos the same. It's amazing at night.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Everyone try this...

Do you do this while viewing this forum that is all white??? Funny how nobody is complaining here...only when it's something new.

ParanoidDroid

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2013
Venusville, Mars
I hate it! It makes me want to puke and get color blind! I was so frustrated that I decided to express my feelings with Photoshop.

j9bh20.jpg

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
I don't like it too white - a dark theme for 7.1 please apple. Notes also looks ghastly.

I can put up with that but the most jarring thing is the dock especially on the iPad - every time I look at it I think of Panther and Tiger and frankly it sucks. I thought we'd got rid of that style with Leopard never mind iOS. A transparent dock option as well please.

chirop

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2013
Use the colour swap option in accesbility actualiteit makes it easier to read.
Least this fixed most issues for me.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
It be blinding white makes the straight from the tube colors pop. The kids go crazy, the office staff think I've stolen a toy phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.