Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
72393009-8F9A-46B8-AB8C-504532F00C87.jpeg
I finally pulled the trigger on buying the guitar I’ve wanted for over a decade for myself.

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
I got some $$, Adidas shower gift set but the best gift was given to me by my older brother last month. In august my sister got her Apple Card so I asked her to buy me an iMac that I would make the monthly payments. My brother knew that I wanted a Mac for soo many years that last month on my birthday he paid the remaining balance as a birthday & christmas gift.

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
I got...

a mixed set of emotions.

Partner and I did some shopping and took it all to the local food bank.

A warm feeling for knowing someone would have food to eat.

A devastated feeling that people need us to do things like this.

(Any credit for this is due partner. I just drove the car and pushed the trolley.)

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I got...

a mixed set of emotions.

(Any credit for this is due partner. I just drove the car and pushed the trolley.)
That’s good of you both.

TwoH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2019
I got some $$, Adidas shower gift set but the best gift was given to me by my older brother last month. In august my sister got her Apple Card so I asked her to buy me an iMac that I would make the monthly payments. My brother knew that I wanted a Mac for soo many years that last month on my birthday he paid the remaining balance as a birthday & christmas gift.
Ah yes, an iMac sounds like a good investment to get! What year/spec did you go for?

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
We don't go big. Main gift this year was overhead bin regulation size suitcases. When we're ready to fly again, we don't want to take the chance that our slightly oversized ones that we've taken on board before will be rejected with stricter adherence to the rules now.

I also received many Christmas themed chocolates, always my favorite gift!

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
I got...

a mixed set of emotions.

This was the year I did donate to a few charities. It was almost uncomfortable answering the question "What do you want for Christmas" because I know there are so many people out there who can't answer that question. It is a travesty what has happened this year, and I'm not just talking about one person. It's more of a collective general travesty.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
An unexpected Christmas gift to myself--I suppose. A new iPad, no thanks to my current 10.5 Pro's battery ?ing the bed. After 3 years and a lot of use, I suppose there's no shame.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
The Christmas present to me was a geared tripod head (a Benro) . I'd been thinking of getting one for a while , so finally went for it .
got a couple of other small things from family and a few friends with whom I exchange gifts ; plus this , the piece de resistance ...

REED104.jpg

it's a Reed 104 , probably 90-100 years old , weighs around 50 lbs or so. I'd mentioned to a relative that I broke the crap Chinese vise that was in my garage and was looking for a classic 40 year + old American vise to replace it . And this appeared ,delivered by an unhappy postal worker. It'll clean up fine , just need a week of 50 degree plus weather to get the paint stripped off , and the rust taken care of in my electrolysis tank .

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
As usual for me - it was clothes - mainly socks and boxers!
What about everyone else?
iPad Air 4, AppleCare, Apple Smart Folio, Sony wireless headphones, USB C fast charger, usb C to C charging cord, some Apple & Amazon & Starbucks gift cards I had an epic Christmas ?

I also paid it forward to folks and animals in need ?

Last edited:

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014
My wife got me a 3D printer which I am extremely excited about!

My mother got me this LEGO Saturn V with a lighting kit which has battery powered orange bricks to illuminate the engines. I have been obsessed with Lego and 50s-70s space travel since I was a kid, so it was a great gift! I can’t wait to put it together and on display in my home office.

mvtm

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2017
Many things:

iPhone 12 Pro Max Gold 512GB, Apple Silicone Plum Case, Apple 20W USB-C adapter, Apple Sports Loop Anchor Gray, DJI OM 4, 1TB Samsung T7 Touch in Silver, Aukey True Wireless Earbuds, Tous - Silver earrings, 4 Piece Zwilling Manicure set, Animal Crossing, Mario Odyssey, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, Assasin's Creed Odyssey, NBA 2K21, PS5 Dualsense, Xbox Series X controller in Shock Blue, a trip to Andorra, a trip to Bali and a trip to Maldives.

I will just attach a photo of the highlights, everything else pales in comparison! This was the biggest Christmas giftwise for me. I have never received/bought so many things. Most stuff i bought it myself over the course of Black Friday-December, my parents gifted me the iPhone, 3 of my brothers gifted me the trip to Maldives and Andorra, silver earrings and the wireless earbuds.

Attachments

• IMG-6558.JPG
    IMG-6558.JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 59

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011
I think the best gift of all is when I told my husband I felt guilty about all that I have received. He hugged me & said “ you drag your cancer ridden body to a hospital job, I work in a store. We put our lives on the line daily, you have made donations, you gave family, friends, coworkers and even neighbors gifts. You are the 1st one to offer up Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer & other scarce supplies... people want to love you back, enjoy letting them do so

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2011

My mother got me this LEGO Saturn V with a lighting kit which has battery powered orange bricks to illuminate the engines. I have been obsessed with Lego and 50s-70s space travel since I was a kid, so it was a great gift! I can’t wait to put it together and on display in my home office.
I envy you that 3D printer ♥️

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
The Christmas present to me was a geared tripod head (a Benro) . I'd been thinking of getting one for a while , so finally went for it .
got a couple of other small things from family and a few friends with whom I exchange gifts ; plus this , the piece de resistance ...

View attachment 1701661
it's a Reed 104 , probably 90-100 years old , weighs around 50 lbs or so. I'd mentioned to a relative that I broke the crap Chinese vise that was in my garage and was looking for a classic 40 year + old American vise to replace it . And this appeared ,delivered by an unhappy postal worker. It'll clean up fine , just need a week of 50 degree plus weather to get the paint stripped off , and the rust taken care of in my electrolysis tank .
That vise reminds me of one that used to sit on my Grandfather's workbench. In particular the handle. The vise itself had a different look but classic and American made. They sure don't make tools like they used to. I still have some of his store bought and even more of a gem were the ones he made. Thanks for bringing back great memories.

Reactions: someoldguy

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I literally got some pjs and a few pairs of socks. My wife and I have spent so much on our house this last 6 months we didn’t see the point in buying each other gifts. Plus we spent a hell of a lot on the children.

I did buy myself some wireless over ear headphones a few days before Christmas though, so I have had a gadget of sorts to play with.
ef32a3a6eca0de1e85c4dd27ca19442e.jpg

I have to say they are comfortable, battery life is amazing and they sound really good. The app is brilliant for adjusting the sound and mode too.

Reactions: staggerlee41

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

What would you or her be most excited to print? :)

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
That vise reminds me of one that used to sit on my Grandfather's workbench. In particular the handle. The vise itself had a different look but classic and American made. They sure don't make tools like they used to. I still have some of his store bought and even more of a gem were the ones he made. Thanks for bringing back great memories.
Yeah , I've got the good fortune to have my grandfather's workbench that he got when the factory he worked in went bust in the Depression . In lieu of pay , he got to take the bench . It was made by Hammacher Schlemmer probably 1900 or earlier . Cleaned it up when it came into my possession around 50 years back . Got , and use other stuff left to me by my dad and uncles . Whenever I use them it brings back memories of the old guys.

Reactions: staggerlee41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.