Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I literally got some pjs and a few pairs of socks. My wife and I have spent so much on our house this last 6 months we didn’t see the point in buying each other gifts. Plus we spent a hell of a lot on the children.

I did buy myself some wireless over ear headphones a few days before Christmas though, so I have had a gadget of sorts to play with.
ef32a3a6eca0de1e85c4dd27ca19442e.jpg

I have to say they are comfortable, battery life is amazing and they sound really good. The app is brilliant for adjusting the sound and mode too.
Sounds like an ideal Christmas to me, the joy brought to the children is priceless. I've heard very good things about those headphones, especially considering the asking price. Enjoy!

macguru212

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2009
AZ/NYC/Tokyo
Received a motion activated hand sanitizer dispenser, a keychain with a little rechargeable battery designed to charge an Apple Watch, and a beer spigot thingy that chills and serves beer with a proper head at the press of a button (Japanese import). Haven't used the last one yet, but the sanitizer thing and keychain charger are great!

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Sounds like an ideal Christmas to me, the joy brought to the children is priceless. I've heard very good things about those headphones, especially considering the asking price. Enjoy!
Thanks yeah it’s all about the kids really. That’s about the only significance it has for us other than usually meeting up with family.

The headphones do live up to the reviews too. I just wanted a pair for music while I’m at my desk working and also when I’m cooking. The noise cancelling feature is brilliant to drowning out the extractor noise. I got them from Amazon with 25% off too so kind of a bargain.

Reactions: staggerlee41

TwoH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2019
I think the best gift of all is when I told my husband I felt guilty about all that I have received. He hugged me & said “ you drag your cancer ridden body to a hospital job, I work in a store. We put our lives on the line daily, you have made donations, you gave family, friends, coworkers and even neighbors gifts. You are the 1st one to offer up Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer & other scarce supplies... people want to love you back, enjoy letting them do so
Very cute. Sounds like you had a good Christmas!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Some Honduran coffee beans, Brazilian coffee beans and old standby Colombian. I scored big from Santa! USPS even got it all here before Christmas Eve. Citigroup used to say "the Citi never sleeps" and apparently recently recycled that slogan, but whether my sleepy village buys into that or not, I'll be standing watch and wide awake until spring!

TwoH

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 19, 2019
Some Honduran coffee beans, Brazilian coffee beans and old standby Colombian. I scored big from Santa! USPS even got it all here before Christmas Eve. Citigroup used to say "the Citi never sleeps" and apparently recently recycled that slogan, but whether my sleepy village buys into that or not, I'll be standing watch and wide awake until spring!
Love the presents you got. I know someone who would absolutely love to have had that for Christmas.

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Love it! You got some nice beans, Santa was indeed very good to you. Wonderful gift! I also received some from my best friend. Jamaica Blue Mountain and Red Mocha Harazz. I've never tried the latter.

My goto beans are Peet's Columbian and Costa Rica. It's also pretty hard to beat their house blend as well. It smells like a chocolate bar!

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
The Christmas present to me was a geared tripod head (a Benro) . I'd been thinking of getting one for a while , so finally went for it .
got a couple of other small things from family and a few friends with whom I exchange gifts ; plus this , the piece de resistance ...

View attachment 1701661
it's a Reed 104 , probably 90-100 years old , weighs around 50 lbs or so. I'd mentioned to a relative that I broke the crap Chinese vise that was in my garage and was looking for a classic 40 year + old American vise to replace it . And this appeared ,delivered by an unhappy postal worker. It'll clean up fine , just need a week of 50 degree plus weather to get the paint stripped off , and the rust taken care of in my electrolysis tank .
I definitely want to see pics when it's cleaned up

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
I definitely want to see pics when it's cleaned up
No problem , just gotta get a couple of relatively warm days in a row so I can strip the paint and deal with the rust . No way I'm using zip-strip or my electrolysis tank inside .Once everything's cleaned up , it'll go pretty fast . But not until all the Christmas/New Year's stuff is done .

Reactions: staggerlee41

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
As someone who truly hates guns, I can’t be the least bit impressed by your purchase, sorry not wishing to offend lol :)
I find it bizarre that you would have to be ‘impressed’ by a purchase regardless from someone’s holiday gift. Although, that’s not really the point of thread though, is it? The idea is just to share my ‘picture purchase’, if you don’t find it impressive and/or you don’t like something, not commenting would suffice and you could simply ignore it. That would’ve been the logical-sensible move, being I’m not interested in your opinion on guns regardless.

Anyways, back to the thread topic.

Oh, and that’s just two of the other 30+ guns Owned. Now that is impressive.😁

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I find it bizarre that you would have to be ‘impressed’ by a purchase regardless from someone’s holiday gift. Although, that’s not really the point of thread though, is it? The idea is just to share my ‘picture purchase’, if you don’t find it impressive and/or you don’t like something, not commenting would suffice and you could simply ignore it. That would’ve been the logical-sensible move, being I’m not interested in your opinion on guns regardless.

Oh, and that’s just two of the other 30+ guns Owned. Now that is impressive.
Well I’m glad you weren’t offended by my comment haha . Oops.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Well I’m glad you weren’t offended by my comment
Mate, not any more offended than you are for your distaste of guns and/or the fact you lost complete context of the thread purpose. But I’ll let it slide on your mishap.😁

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Mate, not any more offended than you are for your distaste of guns and/or the fact you lost complete context of the thread purpose. But I’ll let it slide on your mishap.
I don’t think I lost context if the thread purpose. I’ve posted pics of things I’ve purchased and people commented and vice versa. It’s just a thread for sharing our purchases, couldn’t be any simpler than that. Anyway, I won’t say anymore on your posts just in case. All the best and happy new year

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don’t think I lost context of The thread.

You did lose context, I think it’s pretty evident. I realize you’re a regular and I’m familiar with your posting history primarily being cordial, however; your post didn’t offend me, nothing a digital stranger posts will offend me in any manner on the internet, believe me.😁 I’ve been here for while now.

But my point was, you disagreeing what you find impressive really isn’t relevant with my purchase, and has no context to the thread purpose, when it’s merely about sharing. Again, your opinion could’ve easily been retained all because of your dislike for something. Just sayin’.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
You did lose context, I think it’s pretty evident. I realize you’re a regular and I’m familiar with your posting history, your post didn’t offend me, nothing a digital stranger is going to offend me in any manner on the internet, believe me. I’ve been here for while now.

But my point was, you disagreeing what you find impressive really isn’t relevant with my purchase, and has no context to the thread purpose, when it’s merely about sharing. Again, your opinion could’ve easily been retained all because of your dislike for something. Just sayin’.
Point noted, nothing else to add.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Good job guys. But, pointing out that a comment could have been dispensed with is the pot calling the kettle a dark color that doesn't reflect light. "Just sayin'."

I am still enjoying the chocolates I received. :)

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Just been going through a few gifts we received and had a hamper from my wife’s brother full of mince pies, mince pie fudge, mince pie chocolates and Christmas pudding flavoured treats. Neither myself or my wife like either and the fact her brother usually spends Christmas Day with us and should know this makes the gift rather puzzling lol. It does have one or two items within we will enjoy like Prosecco and salted caramel cake though :)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Oh, and that’s just two of the other 30+ guns Owned. Now that is impressive.?

What does the fact that you own 30 plus guns, and that you find this fact "impressive" - something that may be said to be a somehwat subjective judgment - I mean, I have thousands of books, and hundreds of CDs, and I suppose that suggests that I may be impressed by the shelves of people who own many books and many CDs - but what does this have to do with a thread about Christmas/Yuletide/seasonal gifts?

Re seasonal gifts, I received a stunning hamper (which contained cheeses, salamis, chocolates, chutneys, biscuits, terrines, and a few welcome bottles of wine), from a friend, and a crate of wine and other goodies from my brother.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
What does the fact that you own 30 plus guns, and that you find this fact "impressive" - something that may be said to be a somehwat subjective judgment - I mean, I have thousands, of books, and hundreds of CDs, and I suppose that suggests that I may be impressed by the shelves of people who own many books and many CDs - but what does this have to do with a thread about Christmas/Yuletide/seasonal gifts?
Because it’s the season of peace and goodwill to all mankind! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.