Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Some Honduran coffee beans, Brazilian coffee beans and old standby Colombian. I scored big from Santa! USPS even got it all here before Christmas Eve. Citigroup used to say "the Citi never sleeps" and apparently recently recycled that slogan, but whether my sleepy village buys into that or not, I'll be standing watch and wide awake until spring!

Love it! You got some nice beans, Santa was indeed very good to you. Wonderful gift! I also received some from my best friend. Jamaica Blue Mountain and Red Mocha Harazz. I've never tried the latter.

My goto beans are Peet's Columbian and Costa Rica. It's also pretty hard to beat their house blend as well. It smells like a chocolate bar!

Ah, coffee never fails as a Christmas gift.

An excellent idea.

A gift to myself - which materialised shortly before Christmas - comprised two different types of Ethiopian coffee beans, one "washed" and the other "natural".

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
What does the fact that you own 30 plus guns, and that you find this fact "impressive”
Well, I didn’t elaborate on that, but as a collector, (I can’t post them here), a collection of 30+ firearms, some vintage, some modern, some limited editions, ect, the collection itself is actually impressive given you can’t find some of these firearms anywhere in the world.

Because it’s the season of peace and goodwill to all mankind! :p
It truly is. I’d ask you how your Christmas was, but, if I recall correctly, You don’t celebrate it from my understanding.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well, I didn’t elaborate on that, but as a collector, (I can’t post them here), a collection of 30+ firearms, some vintage, some modern, some limited editions, ect, the collection itself is actually impressive given you can’t find some of these firearms anywhere in the world.

It truly is. I’d ask you how your Christmas was, but, if I recall correctly, You don’t celebrate it from my understanding.
100%. December 25th is just like every other day of the year in the AFB household.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I received an 8qt Instant Pot that doubles as an air fryer. I broke the air fryer in with some Buffalo wings that turned out pretty great. I'll have to look into what else I can make with it.
I bought an instant pot which is just the standard pressure cooker version a couple of years ago and have used it hundreds of times now. There are times when I use it a few times a week. Enjoy, they make great products.

Dpcanon

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
I got:
ridgid-power-tool-combo-kits-r9205-64_1000.jpg

And a bottle of Polo Blue
Can never go wrong with getting power tools!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Willing to trade gifts? I'm sure I can spare a few pairs of socks ?

No, thanks.

Actually, when I first read that post, I didn't realise that it is a joke.

But, still, no, thanks.

"Washed" and "naturally dried" are two different ways of treating coffee beans once they have been picked.

What is of interest is that the same coffee bean crop can result in two coffees that taste quite different depending on how they were "treated" (whether "washed" or "naturally dried" usualy referred to as "natural") when they were picked.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Wine (preferably good wine), cheeses, and beer (serious, artisan, and Belgian for preference, though others are good, too), never fail to hit the spot as appropriate, appreciated (and devoutly welcomed) gifts.

Books, I prefer to choose for myself.

Likewise, music, unless I have asked for something specific, or someone knows my preferences very well.

Reactions: ScrumpyDaniel
Oct 27, 2020
I got clothes and gift cards! Because of hoarding greedy people everything else I wanted was sold out like the Xbox or PS5.

Couldn’t even get a Nintendo Switch because people are just hoarding everything.

Dpcanon

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
I considered my 12 Pro Max and my series 6 watch my early Christmas presents to myself but then had to have a case and then some extra bands for Christmas too. I got a leatherman multi tool from my brother-he knows I love tools and a bit of money!!

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I considered my 12 Pro Max and my series 6 watch my early Christmas presents to myself but then had to have a case and then some extra bands for Christmas too. I got a leatherman multi tool from my brother-he knows I love tools and a bit of money!!
The Leatherman tool is a very nice gift and well made. I got one from my brother several years back.

Reactions: Dpcanon

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
- Treated myself to an M1 MacBook Air. I figured I deserved an upgrade.
- Got AirPods Pro from my girlfriend. Wow, they are so good! :D
- New Chelsea Boots and Evo Car of The Year magazine from my uncle and his girlfriend.
- "New iPhone-contribution" from my mother and grandparents. Just sold my old iPhone X as well, but I'm still debating over 12 mini vs 12.

Very thankful.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.