Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jony Ive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ok wow. “Cancels updated headset for 2025”? If true that’s actually a pretty big deal.

"
  1. Apple is reviewing and adjusting its head-mounted display (HMD) product roadmap, so there may be no new Vision Pro model in 2025 (the previous expectation was that there would be a new model in 2H25/4Q25). Apple now expects Vision Pro shipments to decline YoY in 2025.
"

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Even developers are not interested in AVP ecosystem.

I have interacted with a number of developers who are creating VP apps. Many of them are creating them with just a simulator since the VP is not sold in their region. Am very impressed with their enthusiasm and willingness to take the risk of creating a product with no real way to test it. Most of these are small operations, maybe one or a few people. I check the VP app store weekly and have installed 55 apps even though I only install those which are of interest. Add several new ones every week.

Mainly small companies for now, large ones are in a wait and see mode. But there are a lot of new apps that show up weekly. There is developer interest.

iToph

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2014
So, I snagged myself an AVP all the way here in Germany, and for the first week, it was pure magic. The eye-tracking, the crisp display, and that sleek interface—everything I'd ever dreamed of. But after seven days of using it non-stop, I gotta admit, the magic's faded.

What started off as crystal-clear soon turned into a pixelated mess. Screen-door effects, blurry text, you name it. Safari became a nightmare, especially on sites like MacRumors with their white text on red backgrounds. And don't even get me started on the lack of clarity in my peripheral vision—it's a total buzzkill.

I thought I could ditch my trusty 42" 5k2k LG monitor for this Vision Pro, but boy, was I wrong. The sharpness, the contrast, the speed—nowhere near what I'm used to. It's like trying to trade in a sports car for a scooter.

And let's talk about convenience. Getting this thing strapped onto my head and adjusting it every time I need to dive into my workflow? Ain't nobody got time for that. It's quicker to just grab my iPhone, fire up my Mac, or snatch my iPad. The hassle just ain't worth it. There is just a barrier I didn't know existed

Sure, the idea of immersive content is cool, but we're not quite there yet. Here's hoping VisionOS 2 blows us away, 'cause if not, this AVP's hitting the market since I can't return it here.

Jony Ive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
So, I snagged myself an AVP all the way here in Germany, and for the first week, it was pure magic. The eye-tracking, the crisp display, and that sleek interface—everything I'd ever dreamed of. But after seven days of using it non-stop, I gotta admit, the magic's faded.

What started off as crystal-clear soon turned into a pixelated mess. Screen-door effects, blurry text, you name it. Safari became a nightmare, especially on sites like MacRumors with their white text on red backgrounds. And don't even get me started on the lack of clarity in my peripheral vision—it's a total buzzkill.

I thought I could ditch my trusty 42" 5k2k LG monitor for this Vision Pro, but boy, was I wrong. The sharpness, the contrast, the speed—nowhere near what I'm used to. It's like trying to trade in a sports car for a scooter.

And let's talk about convenience. Getting this thing strapped onto my head and adjusting it every time I need to dive into my workflow? Ain't nobody got time for that. It's quicker to just grab my iPhone, fire up my Mac, or snatch my iPad. The hassle just ain't worth it. There is just a barrier I didn't know existed

Sure, the idea of immersive content is cool, but we're not quite there yet. Here's hoping VisionOS 2 blows us away, 'cause if not, this AVP's hitting the market since I can't return it here.

This is the truth, and we got attacked by warning people about it.

Imagine people that never tried a VR headset spending 5K on their first VR headset. Of course it was going to end bad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.