Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aaronon

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
Hi guys!
I have the exact same issue on my brand new iPhone 12 Pro. I switched from 8 years of Android, so I am really disappointed. I am on iOS 14.4 and it's still here. The issue is still there for you guys? It drives me crazy.

mjc775

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
Hi guys - just solved this issue by checking this setting on! Hope it helps!!

View attachment 1708400
I too have had the problem of keyboard clicks raising in volume as-I-type, and notification volumes varying from one to the other even when my iPhone is sitting untouched on a nearby table. This has been happening over multiple generations of yearly iPhone upgrades, so it's likely not a hardware issue.

Turning on "Change with Buttons", then setting the volume via the button to the lowest setting so far appears to have limited the keyboard clicks volume from varying wildly and getting much louder as I continue to type.

Interestingly my wife's iPhone 12 Pro Max doesn't have the keyboard volume problem - and her "Change with buttons" is set to OFF - like my was before it appears the problem was fixed/minimized by turning it on.

Another experiment: I just turned off "Phone Noise cancellation", and the first few letters of typing are noticeably softer than the clicks as I continue to type.

It's a bizarre problem that I hope will get figured out soon.

Aaronon

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
I heard some informations about this issue is getting fixed in iOS 14.5. I hope the best, better than never.

bimmernc

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2021
I have a new iPad Air with the same problem running iOS 14.4.1. Tried resetting solution with no help. Even tried a 2nd identical device and was able to repeat the problem. Consequently it looks like this problem is spreading to the iPads.

My iPhone Xr is on the same OS version and doesn’t have the problem.

Aaronon

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
I have a new iPad Air with the same problem running iOS 14.4.1. Tried resetting solution with no help. Even tried a 2nd identical device and was able to repeat the problem. Consequently it looks like this problem is spreading to the iPads.

My iPhone Xr is on the same OS version and doesn’t have the problem.
Don't even try to fix this, because you can't. It's a huge software bug what was made in iOS 13 by Apple and they didn't fixed this even in iOS 14.4.1. Hopefully they will fix this soon, as I mentioned here, there is a good chance that this will fixed in iOS 14.5, but i'm not fully sure. Maybe they are noticed this because the issue is all over the iPhone 12 family. Just wait patiently. I will keep update here.

Helmez88

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2021
Don't even try to fix this, because you can't. It's a huge software bug what was made in iOS 13 by Apple and they didn't fixed this even in iOS 14.4.1. Hopefully they will fix this soon, as I mentioned here, there is a good chance that this will fixed in iOS 14.5, but i'm not fully sure. Maybe they are noticed this because the issue is all over the iPhone 12 family. Just wait patiently. I will keep update here.
Any new updates?

TomUK1

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2021
So what’s causing this issue? I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max that I got recently and I have this exact issue. Is it not a hardware problem ?

exi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
So what’s causing this issue? I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max that I got recently and I have this exact issue. Is it not a hardware problem ?

Must be software. Has persisted across multiple generations of multiple devices (on multiple iOS revisions).

TomUK1

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2021
How can we be sure it's not hardware related though because if it was a software issue wouldn't every device have the same problem

TomUK1

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2021
It’s really annoying. How can we know for sure that is isn’t hardware related

exi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012

Unsure what kind of hardware issue I could have had on several different models across years.

Aaronon

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2021
Because services can't do nothing with it. What kind of harware issue was you thinking of? Sometimes it's good but sometimes it's not. I have a brand new 12 Pro, how could it be? I am sure that some of users didn't even notice it because they are always in silent or just don't use keyboard clicks. I will contact apple again, better than nothing, i guess.

Paliverse

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2021
Just got the 13 pro max and can confirm the issue is still here. Seems to happen when iOS somewhat lags, but it is indeed a software bug and not a hardware issue.

Reactions: Leo Venom

Teemuhyn

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
This is really weird issue. I updated to iPhone 13 Pro and mine doesn’t have this ”problem”. Hmm… My iP12pro had.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.