Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Tree Simulator. Have you ever wanted to be a tree? Not kidding... :rolleyes:
Get ready: Tumble Weed Destiny Simulator. Not Kidding...

Artist Life Simulator

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Continuing the Worst of What Steam has to offer:

Check it out:

Building Destruction:

Taxi Driver-the simulation

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I got a wild hair and purchased Dead Island Definitive Edition for $4 at Steam on sale (as of this posting for another 26 hours) Then I went to my library and I already have 2 other versions of the game, the original, and Riptide, lol. The original was released in 2011. The difference is that the Definitive version is remastered and includes both the original and Riptide.

As I recall, I did not get that far in the original, but I played last night for an hour and I was enjoying it. I picked the female character who know martial arts and is a blade expert.

Based on a player review at Steam, I installed a Nexus mod that removes the excessive lighting bloom in the game.

E4E8C585-05E6-4CAA-B164-315A12F7B4F8.png

I remembered the beginning, vacationing on an island, staggering around inebriate, fall asleep in a drunken stupor to wake up to a beautiful island apocalypse. Make your way out of the hotel down to the beach and find a group of survivors, let the missions begin! We need to get our asses out of here! :)

In the early stages, zombies are quite squishy, typically they lunge, but easily countered by a swift kick and whatever weapon you have on you. All weapons experience decay with use. I had a couple of paddles which I’ve since dumped for a hammer and heavy pipe. I’m looking forward to finding a sword, :)

E2BBF22C-61F7-4805-B4F9-7EB910661DF0.jpeg

Last edited:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Wow - I haven’t played Dead Island since it first came out … saw it mentioned recently and thinking about trying it on Steam Deck.

Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Wow - I haven’t played Dead Island since it first came out … saw it mentioned recently and thinking about trying it on Steam Deck.
I do love keyboard and mouse, although I would consider Steam Deck and wonder how much different the experience is there. I really like have access to PC mods. As I recall the original game had excessive bloom and blur, so I installed a mod for that and I plan on installing a mod that decreases weapon degradation with usage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irishman

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Anyone signing up for this (and next) weekends playtest?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Hottest Steam Games Holiday Season 2023. Don't miss the most intriguing games ever conceived. Your life will not be fulfilled until you play these great adventures, overcome your fears, and conquer the competition!!! 😨

Fast Food Simulator!

Garbage Crew!

Last Minute Shopping!

Reactions: txa1265
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.