Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
I don’t have raise to wake turned on. I did for a little while when I first got the phone but it turning on whenever I picked the phone up got really annoying so I turned it off. I have the tap to wake issue sometimes. I’ve always thought maybe I’m tapping too lightly. I have a similar issue on my AW8.
Annoying? Why would it be annoying? I don't even look at it when I pick it up unless I want to see my notifications or login. It only stays on for 5 sec.

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2019
Tap to Wake seems to be working in iOS 17 now. It’s only been 24hr so far, but it’s never worked this well for me before …

Reactions: chris4565

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
Tap to Wake seems to be working in iOS 17 now. It’s only been 24hr so far, but it’s never worked this well for me before …
So far, everything is going well for me, too. However, I have made the experience that it usually runs well for a few days after a restart and the problem only increases after a few days. Let's see if it is better with iOS 17.

Infernoqt

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2022
It's happening to me also. I noticed I can't wake the screen up on the first touch nearly everytime when it remains a longer time innactive. Perhaps Apple did this on purpose to prevent unwanted touches?

Also a screen protector can reduce a touch sensitivity.

acmfaxxe

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
It also happens to me from time to time. A double tap usually helps. Or you can activate the AOD. Then it doesn't happen at all.

I would be interested to know if this also happens from time to time with the iPhone 15 Pro.

Reactions: usmaak

whoawhoa

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2021
Been having this issue on my 13 pro ever since i updated back in jan 23. Had even waited for 16.2 or .3 just so these bugs could have been resolved. Who would have known it’ll still be here on 17.2 (and even 17.3 beta).
The phone instantly went from a premium and fast device to being comparable to my ex’s lowly 3 year old oneplus. At least with her phone the lag was expected and consistent.

Recorded the wakeup lag of the 13 pro compared to my SE 1st gen on iOS 15.

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2019
It also happens to me from time to time. A double tap usually helps. Or you can activate the AOD. Then it doesn't happen at all.

I would be interested to know if this also happens from time to time with the iPhone 15 Pro.
It always happens to me on my iPhone 15 Pro with AOD on. That's why I reenabled raise to wake. I tried for months of updates to get tap to wake working and finally gave up.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
It always happens to me on my iPhone 15 Pro with AOD on. That's why I reenabled raise to wake. I tried for months of updates to get tap to wake working and finally gave up.
I gave up on my 14PM. It’s not something that they’re going to fix or it’s something that they can’t fix. Either way, I think that it’s here to stay.

Wizec

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2019
I gave up on my 14PM. It’s not something that they’re going to fix or it’s something that they can’t fix. Either way, I think that it’s here to stay.
I think you're right. They have hundreds of features to maintain, and I'm sure this is an incredibly low priority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.