Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Boy, too much stuff to quote, lol. Lots of good points here, and apologies to @GrumpyMom, @Phil77354, @WildSky and others if I go over stuff they've already posted!

So I like to look at this as the hero's journey. This works mostly with Ted. The hero's journey is a pretty common framework:

--We meet the hero. He's a good man (Ted, Luke Skywalker) that leads a life removed from the action (Kansas, Tatooine), which gives him a perhaps naive set of ideals (niceness is always more important than winning, I fight for the forces of good agains the forces of evil). If the hero stays true to those ideals, then he believes that nothing bad can happen.
--The hero ventures out into the world, and his ideals do him good in the beginning (Nate blossoms, Rebecca and Roy find themselves, the Death Star is destroyed).
--At some point, the hero comes up against the REAL foe (Ted's abandonment issues, Luke's denial of his dark side), which takes the form of someone close to him (the betrayed Nate, Darth Vader).
--With the help of a wise mentor (Dr. Sharon Fieldstone, Ben Kenobi/Yoda) the hero comes to understand why his original ideals aren't enough in the real world, and begins to reluctantly face the reality inside.
--There comes a moment when the hero finally understands that his original ideals are not enough to win (Nate confronts Ted, Luke learns of his parentage). He must now fully accept his entire identity and relate to the world without denial.

So Season 3 will be the resolution. Ted is no longer naive enough to believe that simply acknowledging people's pain is enough to help them. He has to accept that he himself is a moving piece of the puzzle. As well, he can no longer feel he is a good man just because he makes people feel good. He has to find self-worth in himself, so that when someone does push him away (his wife, Nate) he has resources within himself to move on.

Ted is co-dependent: he bases his self-worth on the value he brings to other people's lives. Nate is counter-dependent: he believes he is worthy by his nature, and that everybody else owes him that recognition. The goal is to be inter-dependent: that both sides of the equation are true and mingle with each other. Both Ted and Nate have the challenge before them to find their way to inter-dependence.

Really, Season 2 is about everyone identifying his personal demon, and redefining his relationship with it. Both Ted and Nate have to come to terms with their histories with their fathers. Ted has had guidance, and seems to be on the way to reconciling it. He also acknowledges that his father was a good man, and I think that is a recognition that helps. Nate has not come to terms and he has not acknowledged (at least on screen) anything redeeming about his father. He continues to keep it bottled up, and he is not on the way to reconciling it. He instead is looking for ways to lash out because of it.

Rebecca has also identified that she hates her father and has hated her mother as a part of that. She, too, is on a journey to find value within herself so that she doesn't need validation from a man (I'm really not comfortable typing that, but that's how I see it unfortunately). Roy is struggling with his own value in a post-playing-career world. He has even begun to question the value in his playing career, sort of (note his conversation with Phoebe, where I get a feeling he is suggesting Phoebe's goals are more worthwhile than his were). If Keeley doesn't need him, then where is he?

Is it our destiny to become our fathers or our mothers? If so, Ted at least sees some hope in this. Nate does not. Rebecca is learning to have hope.

Keeley also uncovered her personal demon, one she didn't even know was there: she now has to face the world with a different part of herself, one she feels she isn't good with. Her battle wasn't choosing between Roy and Jamie. She's very familiar with the rules of that fight. Her real battle is coming up, where she has to find reserves in herself she doesn't yet think are there.

Sam is the counterpoint to all of it. He has a healthy relationship with his father, and (thus far, at least) he seems prepared to handle what life has thrown his way. His amused expression as Edwin Akufo goes on his rant is priceless. And note specifically how he responds to Edwin's threat that he will never be on the Nigerian World Cup team. Sam identified that as his dream, back in Season 1. This Sam has grown into someone that does not need that to find self-worth.

I wonder if Sam starting the restaurant is a method for the show to continue the struggle with Edwin. The restaurant is a thing that Edwin can threaten. I'm not sure I like the idea of this being a story line, but I do like continuing to examine how Sam interacts with life, either as a counterpoint to Nate and Ted, or just as we await whatever his big struggle is.

I understand why people are shocked by Nate's turnaround, but it isn't sudden. Nick Mohammed wrote about Nate yesterday. I hope this link works to show what he wrote. I hadn't remembered that the opening shot of the second season is essentially the same as the closing, but with Nate before and after. That all makes this feel like in a way this season is Nate's story, kinda. It's Revenge of the Sith.

I will miss Trent Crimm. I get why there is some suggestion among critics and fans that perhaps he will take Keeley's place, but that seems just a little too neat and tidy to me. We are through the first two seasons, and at this point the should know the struggles each of our main characters face. We don't really know anything about Trent. I hope he remains present in the show, but I think he will continue to be one of those outside forces, a representation of the rest of the "real world" against which we can measure both Ted and Nate.

I'm ready for Season 3! But first, a rewatch of Season 2...
Terrific post, and I encourage others to read the link you've provided to the tweet by Nick Mohammed. He gives us some good insights into Nate's evolution over the season . . .

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Good observations about Keeley here! I never know what to say about her for some reason. Yet her journey has been pretty profound, too. I’m just not good at articulating thoughts about it so I am appreciative other people here are able to do so. I think she does probably have a future conflict coming up where Rupert tries to hire her.

I didn’t watch with captioning on this time, so I missed that she cussed out Piers Morgan. (To me some of the dialogue is too fast and a bit garbled so I need captioning). Yay! That’s hilarious. I will have to replay that scene.

Reactions: Phil77354

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Good observations about Keeley here! I never know what to say about her for some reason. Yet her journey has been pretty profound, too. I’m just not good at articulating thoughts about it so I am appreciative other people here are able to do so. I think she does probably have a future conflict coming up where Rupert tries to hire her.

I didn’t watch with captioning on this time, so I missed that she cussed out Piers Morgan. (To me some of the dialogue is too fast and a bit garbled so I need captioning). Yay! That’s hilarious. I will have to replay that scene.
I need captioning too. I have a little problem understanding the British accent. I have to have captions on "Foundation" as well.

Reactions: Phil77354

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.

Keeley is my favorite character (along with Sam, Rebecca, Roy, and of course Ted)
I need captioning too. I have a little problem understanding the British accent. I have to have captions on "Foundation" as well.
I always watch with captions, too.
Is Ted Lasso going to have a 3rd series or not?

Yes, the writers’ plan was three seasons.
I was doing some googling on a couple of the characters, to see what else they've done, and I came across this article about Toheeb Jimoh (Sam Obinsanya) in the UK edition of GQ:

It suggests the possibility of more than three seasons, which is something I had not read elsewhere. I think you are right, the plan is for three, but how about a spin-off? Or two or three?!

Reactions: DotCom2

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
(I was finishing this post just as @lkalliance posted a similar long thoughtful post, apologies back to you if we overlap with our observations! I'm enjoying the differences in perspective and how we are all interpreting the last episode and season overall)

Re-watching the Season Finale (multiple spoiler alert), I feel that there were so many great moments, some being:

- Ted checking his text and phone messages, the voice mail from Dr. Sharon and his text exchange with his ex-wife Michelle
- Jamie apologizing to Roy about telling Keeley that he still loves her
- Keeley on the phone with someone offering to interview Ted, and her comment after hanging up (** you Piers Morgan)
- Ted telling the team about his panic attack - 'y'all found out about something from somewhere, when you should've found out about it from me first' (and catch Sam's face when Ted mentions taking a job halfway around the world)
- And I have to include Ted's mention of 'John Obi-Wan Gandalf'
- Watching this episode for the second time, knowing how it ends up, noticing how many times Ted refers to 'Nate the Great's false nine'. He gave Nate credit at every opportunity . . .
- The scene in Higgens' office with the mascot finalists (from Barkingham Palace) - and how the dog breeder comes on to Keeley ('Huuuuuge fan')
- Sam's phone conversation with his father (and will we ever meet him face-to-face? The actor who portrays his father seems to be Nonso Anozie. He has a great voice, especially his laugh!)
- Keeley's long scene with Roy, where he tells her about Jamie (Keeley - 'did you kill him?' . . . ), Keeley tells him about the offer to support her opening her own firm, and they see the preview of the Vanity Fair article (notice Keeley holding an iPad Pro)
- Nate's facial expressions throughout the episode. He is clearly 9/10ths of the way out the door from the beginning of the episode (and Roy not getting mad at him when he tells everyone that he kissed Keeley was taken as another insult, piled on all of the rest)
- Keeley and Rebecca crying together after Keeley tells her she'll be opening her own firm (and notice that Keeley does not actually promise Rebecca that she won't work for Rupert)
- Roy won't bump fists with Jamie before the game, but afterwards he head-butts him then they hug
- Having the team decide for themselves to stick with the false nine, putting their hands on 'Believe' as they go out for the second half of the match (Isaac's leadership has been so understated and great)
- The cathartic scene with Roy and Nate, recalls the reactions of the players at the beginning of the first season, how they were so dismissive and critical of Ted. And now we are to the point where he has earned their respect and trust, but Nate has gone in the other direction (after being promoted from ball boy to assistant coach by Ted, and earning his own respect but somehow not realizing it)
- Sam makes the first goal in the second half, but the best moment was Jamie handing the ball to Dani Rojas ("Football is life"!!) for the tie! Jamie has come full circle now, showing that Ted's respect for him from the beginning has helped him transform himself
- Notice that the uniforms now show bantr as sponsor, replacing Dubai Air (that Sam had led the protest against, early in season 2)
- Sam turning down Edwin Akufo, his outburst, even Akufo's assistant's withdrawn handshake with Nate
- of course Ted's speech to the pressroom, telling them about his anxiety and how it is dealt with in athletics
- Sam walking in to Rebecca's office when she and Ted are talking, telling them "I'm staying because it's what's best for me and my personal journey"
- Trent Crimm locks himself out of his car? What's with that? (nice classic Mercedes coupe, though)
- Keeley turns down Roy's offer to vacation in Marbella, the later scenes give us snapshots into the following couple of months but it's not clear if Roy did decide to go by himself, and if so what happened in the meantime (and afterwards) between him and Keeley. (Keeley: 'are you sure they still take paper tickets at airports', 'am I gonna be able to smoke on the flight?')
- Nate looking into the camera at the end - game on!

Something I've been impressed with over the course of the show are the scenes with no dialogue but that carry intense emotion. The pinnacle of this is Ted reading Dr. Sharon's letter, but in this most recent couple of episodes there is Ted reacting to Trent Crimm's text, to his text conversation with his ex wife, and to finding the "Believe" sign torn on his desk. Mad props to Jason Sudeikis!

Reactions: Tagbert

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
One thing I do treasure about this show is all of these actors convey so much with their faces. That’s sort of becoming scarce in American TV and cinema.

For example, I saw a movie clip with Megan Fox in it and she was supposed to be trying to escape from a psycho killer or something and she’s supposed to look terrified. But girlfriend did something to her face and it just doesn’t move. She just looked sort of concerned and that was about it. Beautiful woman, but she is an actress and she can’t convey emotion on her face. It’s like a doll mask. It broke my heart to see Kristin Chenowith going down that route, too. Don’t get me started on Nicole Kidman! I know she’s Australian but her face has “gone Hollywood

I commented on the non-dialogue scenes above, forgot to mention this post!

Reactions: 5105973

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
Season 2 was about fathers and sons (and mother and daughter), and Season 1 had teased that. Season 3 is going to go deeper, I expect.

Not to belabor the Star Wars analogy (and it's a weaker one), but it's just the one that comes to mind. The first Star Wars trilogy (and Season 2) we get to see the OUTCOME of a toxic father relationship. In the second trilogy, we get to see it form, see it at its beginnings (if such a thing could be said to have a beginning). Perhaps that is what is in store for us in Season 3?

We have Nate, and we've seen his father's treatment of him, and the show has asked us to consider how one begets the other. It may seem like we've got a glimpse into Nate's transformation, but Season 1 already had some peeks into the presence of a dark side of him. What emerged in Season 2 wasn't the creation of a thing, but its encouragement to the surface.

(It occurs to me, too, as we consider whether Ted really did do bad by Nate, that Nate really is needy. Note that at the end of episode 7, he is scrolling through comments about him, and they are all positive, until he finally reaches a negative one. Amidst all that positivity, the one comment sours him enough for him to threaten Will.

It also occurs to me that Ted tells Trent Crimm that he considers his job as a coach to be to teach his charges how to be the best versions of themselves, "on and off the field." His goal is not to wrap them all in an embrace and never let go, but to let them go knowing that they've been given a solid foundation. Nate's rant suggests that what he wants is constant uplifting.)

We now have Nate with a brand new "child": West Ham United. He has a blank canvas (well, blank to us) on which he can paint how he wishes. He doesn't want to paint the way Ted does. We are going to get to see the BEGINNING of toxicity instead of the ENDING. Is it coincidence that Rupert also has a brand new baby as well?

What Ted explains to Trent is true. The role of a head coach is not necessarily tactics. It is to assemble the right people around him: assistants, players, trainers, support staff. His role is to help them all work together, but also to interact with the team from a higher level. Coach Beard, Coach Nate and Coach Kent are there to implement tactics. Ted is there to see to it that the players are emotionally ready to play, to be the face of the team with the press and to use that relationship to protect or uplift his players. To set the tone of the whole enterprise. That's not the ONLY way to coach, but it is a valid way.

Will Nate's toxicity ruin this? Ted did help Nate become the best version of himself, thinking perhaps that the worst version of him was just downtrodden and unable to speak up for himself. But that isn't the worst version; we're seeing that now. In this respect, Ted has failed. What will that do to him? How will that affect the way Ted goes about things with his team?

Ted is co-dependent, Nate is counter-dependent: that was a recipe for trouble. When a person values himself as only a provider for others, and he is paired with a person that overvalues himself and demands to be provided for, things break. Will this break Ted? Dr. Sharon has been working with Ted to get beneath the surface, and to deal with the Ted that lives at the center of it, not the facade he's built of giving and of empathy and of putting everyone around him first at every single moment.

When does Season 3 start???!!!!

EDIT: Oh, one more thing: moms. We have a new positive role model in Deborah. We have heard Jamie reference his mom, we've heard Ted go out of his way to include his mother among those that his dad abandoned. We've also seen Nate's mom, who seems to be a loving--doting?--parent. How will Nate's parents each react to his "new" identity? Stay tuned!

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
Wasn't the last scene Nate coaching another Team?
It was. But his toxic exit will have repercussions for Ted as he continues his transformation. I don't doubt, too, that Nate is part of a strategy by Rupert to continue to beat down on Rebecca: part of that may be to have Nate continue to badmouth Ted in the press.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Read a rumor on Reddit about Trent Crimm's next gig:

Trent wants to write a book about the team and will be embedded with them for the research. This is based on something the sports writer John Feinstein said in a recent podcast about being contacted by the Ted Lasso writers recently to ask about his experience on his book Season on the Brink about Indiana basketball for which he spent a significant amount of time with team.

Here's the link. I see that using the SPOILER tag works, but using the BBCode ISPOILER tag did not hide the link previously. Aha.

Last edited:

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
Read a rumor on Reddit about Trent Crimm's next gig:

Trent wants to write a book about the team and will be embedded with them for the research. This is based on something the sports writer John Feinstein said in a recent podcast about being contacted by the Ted Lasso writers recently to ask about his experience on his book Season on the Brink about Indiana basketball for which he spent a significant amount of time with team.

That makes a lot of sense, and I like that idea much more than Trent taking over Keeley's position!

Reactions: 0128672 and 5105973

nutmac

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
Not to belabor the Star Wars analogy (and it's a weaker one), but it's just the one that comes to mind. The first Star Wars trilogy (and Season 2) we get to see the OUTCOME of a toxic father relationship. In the second trilogy, we get to see it form, see it at its beginnings (if such a thing could be said to have a beginning). Perhaps that is what is in store for us in Season 3?
Jason Sudeikis himself referenced The Empire Strikes Back, less about the obvious father-and-son analogy and more about the journey that Nate goes through. As in facing demons in the cave.

In many ways, Nate is more analogous to Kylo Ren -- hotheaded, conflicted, and self-absorbed. Like Kylo Ren, anger and conceit are easier paths to gratification. Blame others for your weaknesses and amplify your own achievements.

Nate's path to redemption requires understanding his source of anger and make peace with it. I think Nate's father is not necessarily that source, just as Han Solo didn't really come back from the dead. It's more about letting it go, forgive, and seek forgiveness.

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
OK, everybody, we've got two seasons under our belts...favorite lines!

"Howdy y'all, I'm Ted Lasso, and I'm from Kansas! pow pow pow pow!"

"I can't control my feelings."
"Then by all means you should let them control you!"

"Your decision to bench Jamie Tartt was a masterstroke!"
"I don't think we're allowed to talk like that at work."

"I won't be one of your show ponies."
"You wear a number, trot around while people clap, so I wouldn't get too high and mighty about it."

"Did you sleep here?"
"Perchance to dream here."

"Last time I saw eyes that dead Roy Scheider was looking into them."
"Jaws?"
"All That Jazz."

"Please, call me Rebecca. Miss Welton is my father."
"If that's a joke, I love it. If it's not, I can't wait to unpack that with you."

"Agree to disagree. I found it hilarious. I thought it was funnier than Step Brothers."
"High praise."
"That scene where the bunk bed collapses? I used to think that was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. But then I just saw that, now I have to rethink the order of what I think is the funniest thing I've ever seen."

"I thought you were allergic to horseradish."
"Horses and radishes."

"I spoke to the owner of the Sun."
"You spoke to God???!!!!"

"You ever been to a therapist, Rebecca?"
"What for? I can diagnose myself in a heartbeat. I thought being invulnerable would protect me so I pushed people away for years leading me to my greatest fear: being alone. Big whoop."

"Higgins and I are having lunch today."
"Oh yes, having salads in my office."
"All right, catch you later, boss. Higgins, see you at lunch."
"Caesar you later!"
*crash!*
"Yes!"

"Oh come on, now, I bet deep down you kinda dig we're getting so close, right?"
"I do."
"Oklahoma?"
"I do not."

"Yeah, the woman with the...f***ckin'...eyes."
"Keeley Jones, The Independent Woman insert on Sunday."

"Is that the only set of clothes you own?"
"This? I've got three of these."

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
OK, everybody, we've got two seasons under our belts...favorite lines!

"Howdy y'all, I'm Ted Lasso, and I'm from Kansas! pow pow pow pow!"

"I can't control my feelings."
"Then by all means you should let them control you!"

"Your decision to bench Jamie Tartt was a masterstroke!"
"I don't think we're allowed to talk like that at work."

"I won't be one of your show ponies."
"You wear a number, trot around while people clap, so I wouldn't get too high and mighty about it."

"Did you sleep here?"
"Perchance to dream here."

"Last time I saw eyes that dead Roy Scheider was looking into them."
"Jaws?"
"All That Jazz."

"Please, call me Rebecca. Miss Welton is my father."
"If that's a joke, I love it. If it's not, I can't wait to unpack that with you."

"Agree to disagree. I found it hilarious. I thought it was funnier than Step Brothers."
"High praise."
"That scene where the bunk bed collapses? I used to think that was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. But then I just saw that, now I have to rethink the order of what I think is the funniest thing I've ever seen."

"I thought you were allergic to horseradish."
"Horses and radishes."

"I spoke to the owner of the Sun."
"You spoke to God???!!!!"

"You ever been to a therapist, Rebecca?"
"What for? I can diagnose myself in a heartbeat. I thought being invulnerable would protect me so I pushed people away for years leading me to my greatest fear: being alone. Big whoop."

"Higgins and I are having lunch today."
"Oh yes, having salads in my office."
"All right, catch you later, boss. Higgins, see you at lunch."
"Caesar you later!"
*crash!*
"Yes!"

"Oh come on, now, I bet deep down you kinda dig we're getting so close, right?"
"I do."
"Oklahoma?"
"I do not."

"Yeah, the woman with the...f***ckin'...eyes."
"Keeley Jones, The Independent Woman insert on Sunday."

"Is that the only set of clothes you own?"
"This? I've got three of these."
****! ..... Roy Kent on numerous occasions.

Ted’s Lasso

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
So what are the thoughts on Ted’s love interest. Can it really be Sassy? Seems too shallow for Ted. The Dr? Not enough sizzle. I would hate to see him end the show with that aspect of his life in limbo

Also what’s with Roy not being able to tell Keely he loves her? I also have a hard time with Rebecca and Sam given her ownership of the club but she deserves love but where?

And what about Jaime. Could he meet Roy’s sister snd fall in love and become the step father of Phoebe?

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
So what are the thoughts on Ted’s love interest. Can it really be Sassy? Seems too shallow for Ted. The Dr? Not enough sizzle. I would hate to see him end the show with that aspect of his life in limbo

I'm not sure it's that important. What Ted has to do is to learn to love himself: Nate's accusation that Ted had abandoned him, and Nate's punishing him for it, feeds right into Ted's fear of exactly that happening, after he feels he'd failed his father. That's more important than Ted having a love interest.

Though the potential that he might would be a very interesting contrast to Rebecca, who is wrapped up right now in evaluating her life, in part, on whether she has a life partner. From a storytelling perspective, that might be fertile ground. I just feel it's not crucial.

Also what’s with Roy not being able to tell Keely he loves her? I also have a hard time with Rebecca and Sam given her ownership of the club but she deserves love but where?

Roy has told Keeley that he loves her. He says it right there at the funeral, and the way he says it and the way she reacts and the whole vibe of the scene makes it feel like this is not the first time he's told her. Perhaps he's mentioned it otherwise? I don't remember off the top of my head. But I do remember it at the funeral.

Do any of us deserve love? Actually I'm not sure that Ted Lasso attempts to answer this question. There is certainly a lot about people needing to be able to love themselves and how to do it. Ted doesn't love himself, Nate certainly doesn't, Rebecca is still finding out how, and Keeley seems to have learned to. Roy is doubting himself: is he the male counterpart in this to Rebecca? I'm not sold on that, just a thought.

Sam, on the other hand, is a yardstick against which we can measure them. Sam wants to pursue a relationship with Rebecca, but his personal journey is his guide; a relationship with Rebecca would be a part of that but not its entirety. He very much loves and respects himself. It's probably not a coincidence that he also has a loving and supportive relationship with his father: one where the father isn't just doting, but is willing to call Sam out onto the carpet if he feels he should. Perhaps because Sam's father is also secure in himself? Like father, like son. That's a big thing here. Sons trying hard not to become their fathers, or perhaps trying too hard to be like their fathers.

I'm also not comfortable with Rebecca and Sam due to the power dynamics. And I'm not comfortable being uncomfortable sometimes, because here are two people that seem to be like they belong with each other. The power dynamic tilts one way, but the self-esteem dynamic tilts the other. I don't know what a satisfactory conclusion is.

And what about Jaime. Could he meet Roy’s sister snd fall in love and become the step father of Phoebe?

Wow, you just blew my mind! What an incredible out-of-left-field idea! Now I'm rooting for this!

Reactions: Ted’s Lasso

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I don't think Ted is ready for a new relationship. I wonder if all the growth we've seen him experience and what's to come will change him to be the person his ex-wife falls in love with again. To me, that text she sent showing concern for him was a significant setup for the future. Otherwise, why was that small moment included? I predict something will happen and he'll be there for her.

Ted’s Lasso

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
Thanks for some great and deep thoughts on thee characters.

I had assumed Ted and Michelle would reunite and he would leave England for America to be with his family.

Roy would take over as coach and in a very moving pice, would tell Ted(Ronald McDonald) how much ge has meant to him. He would definitely use all off that one feeling he has LOL.

I have been thinking that Roy took his 6 week vacation and took Jaime with him and maybe his Sister and Phoebe joined them. Roy signing off on Jaime to be his sisters husband and his niece’s step father would be the crowning glory on their relationship.

I have to think Nate alienates his new team and the chemistry is so poor he gets fired by Rupert. Ted brings him back but not after everyone has figured out he was the leak. Dr Sharon comes back and helps Nate become great again. Maybe Rupert hires George again.

Beard I am worried about. Higgins was right about Jane and their relationship. I believe Ted saved him once and that is why he is so loyal to Ted but he might be headed to a dark place with Jane.

just don’t know what to do with Sam and Rebecca? I hope she stays strong and becomes a great role model for female sports ownership. Acting like one of the boys with an employee is not that thought for me.

Reactions: lkalliance

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
I had assumed Ted and Michelle would reunite and he would leave England for America to be with his family.

This not only is something that I would find a very satisfying conclusion, but something they could play with subdued emotion as well, something they've proven they can hit consistently.

Reactions: Ted’s Lasso

Ted’s Lasso

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
I will welcome more football and the arc of the team. No doubt we should see an AFC Richmond/West Ham United game for all the marbles but they play twice in the regular season as well so lots of fire works.

I would think Ted leads them the championship and a team like Kansas or maybe the KC Chiefs offer him the job being impressed with what he did over the pond and he has to go home. He can’t abandon his son after all. I do think Michelle comes over for the game and they reunite.

I do wonder what truth bomb Rebecca will deliver to Ted in episode 11 next year. We all know it’s coming, just don’t know what it is.

I also wonder how Keely will react when Rupert asks her to do the marketing snd gives her a number she (or her money people) can’t refuse. Rupert is doing everything to demean Rebecca for some reason and taking her best work friend (he can’t get to Sassy) is something he will revel in

Reactions: lkalliance
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.