Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I also wonder how Keely will react when Rupert asks her to do the marketing snd gives her a number she (or her money people) can’t refuse. Rupert is doing everything to demean Rebecca for some reason and taking her best work friend (he can’t get to Sassy) is something he will revel in
Rupert may revel, but Keeley is one smart cookie and she's wise to Rupert's ways. What we didn't see was the conversation between Keeley and Rebecca about this possibility. Somehow I think the two of them are already on top of that. Maybe season 3 will be about how goodness, honesty, scruples and integrity triumph in many of the story arcs, and how all of Rupert's money can't buy what he wants.

Reactions: lkalliance

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
He can’t abandon his son after all.

This right here, when Nate says he should be in Kansas, "with your son," that hit me personally harder than any other line in the show so far.

Rupert may revel, but Keeley is one smart cookie and she's wise to Rupert's ways. What we didn't see was the conversation between Keeley and Rebecca about this possibility. Somehow I think the two of them are already on top of that. Maybe season 3 will be about how goodness, honesty, scruples and integrity triumph in many of the story arcs, and how all of Rupert's money can't buy what he wants.

I don't want to be the wet blanket, but I think the whole "goodness, honest and integrity" angle will be a lot more subtle than that. Ted will learn how to meld Beginning Ted with Healing Betrayed Ted to become At Peace Ted, which includes accepting other instincts and keeping them in their proper place (which isn't always "push down into a little hidden location forever").

Thesis, antithesis, synthesis. (I referenced Kant! The world is ending! Only Ted can save us, because if he Kant, then who can?!)

lkalliance

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2015
I will welcome more football and the arc of the team. No doubt we should see an AFC Richmond/West Ham United game for all the marbles but they play twice in the regular season as well so lots of fire works.

As much as I accept that Ted Lasso (and sports movies and TV in general) is not about sports, I would also like to see more soccball. I think a good comparison would be Friday Night Lights, a wonderful show that I think balanced on-field and off-field content very very well. They are fundamentally different kinds of TV, but I still think a tad more on-field action would be welcome.

Ted’s Lasso

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
Keely’s character really hasn’t been tested in my opinion. Sure she had the Jaime/Roy thing but in the art of love she is very skilled.

Where she is inexperienced in is being the boss. Rebecca has been a great role model in doing the right things (that’s why I hate the Sam relationship because bedding an employee is not right). She has to struggle somewhere and I think it comes from Ruperts request to Use her PR firm for West Ham. Her money people may give her no choice.

I do wonder if they will bring Mr Akufo back after Sam gets his restaurant going. Seems petty for a billionaire but he did say he would work on ruining Sam.

And finally, Jaimes dad. I just don’t think we are done with him. He is a big Man City fan and we know AFC will have to go through them twice. He and Beard now have a good rivalry and he and his gang isn’t past putting a good beating on someone. He probably wants some payback on Jaime for hitting him. Just hoping Dad gets his

One last add on Rebecca. Any significance to her eating those awful salty biscuits. To eat those things must say something

Oh and one last add on Nate. I hope it doesn’t get to the point where Nate’s self loathing makes him think about ending his life. I can see a scenario where the fans of West Ham are upset and he takes the collective criticism and that of Rupert poorly. They wouldn’t go this dark would they?

Last edited:

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
IMDB lists the season 3 premiere on February 14th. Was that announced?
I was not aware of that. Apple TV+ doesn't say anything about it (yet). Previous seasons have been released beginning later in the year (season 1 on Aug 14, 2020; season 2 on July 23, 2021 according to wikipedia article).

Normally I would expect IMDB to be accurate, but this seems to be unlikely, but who knows?

MiniApple

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2020
IMDB lists the season 3 premiere on February 14th. Was that announced?
Nope, S3 premiere date hasn't been publicly announced afaik. IMDB isn't a good source for announcements from my experience.

Edit: as above poster, I'd expect a similair time frame of release for season 3, as 1 and 2 was.

Reactions: Tagbert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.