Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Cad isn’t dead. There’s a reason why they showed the light blinking and the beeps from his chest piece. I want to believe Filoni/Favreau have future plans for him.

Reactions: rhett7660

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
There's no easier bit of casting than having Timothy Olyphant put on a pair of boots a cowboy hat, and play a lawman, so I'm glad that they're doing what it seems like they're doing… (and, he's going to reprise his Raylan Givens role as well. Maybe Walton Goggins will pop up as Boyd Crowder, too.)

Saving all of the action for the finale probably isn't what a lot of the audience was asking for, but at least it left the series on a more definitive note.

But it does little to refute the impression that Fett is kind of a stop-gap to fill in between Mando's seasons, and it will be interesting to see how things progress, and how much more, if any, there will be.

I not aware if Fett was declared a limited series, like I believe the Obi Wan series will be.

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
If they do bring back another season of Boba Fett, they need to get someone other than Robert Rodriguez to lead the show.

Reactions: rhett7660

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I don't understand the point of Fennec. I was willing to accept that maybe she was already cybernetic. The whole mod thing didn't make sense. She never spoke of it again. She's never inspecting her machinery or asking other Mods for parts or anything related to her robogut.
Her guts were damaged. That cybernetic fixer was the only 'doctor' close enough to fix her. Boba wanted her alive and didn't really care how that was accomplished.

Fennec wasn't asked; in fact she seemed repulsed by the idea. Neither Darth Vader nor General Grievous spent any time inspecting their modifications (and they both were cybernetic). Vader did spend some time 'fixing' or modifying his suit. But that was simply to try and reduce the problems and limitations of the sub-standard work (and parts) that were used in transforming (and restraining) him.

The modifications to Fennec were simply so that her guts continued to function as a normal person's would. She wasn't a mod by choice, so I doubt she had little interest in adding anything extra.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

appleArticulate

Suspended
Jan 6, 2022
If they do bring back another season of Boba Fett, they need to get someone other than Robert Rodriguez to lead the show.
Oh I think that's definitely done now. More likely we will see Boba Fett show up in Mando S3.

They had an entire season to turn Boba Fett into something, and it ends with Boba walking through the streets saying, "IDK if this is for me." It made no sense whatsoever. The series went no where, and was only saved by lifting ideas from Mando S3 and injecting them into this story.

Personally I think this production was doomed from the start, because they used up the entire Boba Fett persona to create Mando. So they attempted to do something different with Boba, and it made just as much sense on paper as it did to those watching it. Hence why someone had the wisdom early in production to say, "we have to do more, because this doesn't hold a candle to Mando." And this is exactly how it plays on screen.

The worst part, I think, is how the decision to prop up Boba Fett's story with Mando, Grogu, Luke, and Ashoka, is that it basically undoes the entire dramatic ending on Mando Season 2. Perhaps this was inevitable anyway that Grogu would return to Mando...but for it to happen like this, shoehorned into the Boba Fett story, in between Mando S2 and S3, is really bizarre.

Of course, there is no one who didn't enjoy all of these parts lifted from Mando and inserted here. That's why they did it. But they clearly didn't belong here.

Also, I can't be the only one who was hoping that Grogu was going to whip out the lightsaber and go Yoda crazy on the oversized droideka.

Reactions: rhett7660 and Huntn

appleArticulate

Suspended
Jan 6, 2022
Cad isn’t dead. There’s a reason why they showed the light blinking and the beeps from his chest piece. I want to believe Filoni/Favreau have future plans for him.
I hope someone does the same to Cad... Which is what I think will happen. That character garnered a lot of buzz and hyped up a lot of people who were familiar with him and what he brings to the table.
Eh. I mean....someone had to die in the "war", other than nameless faceless Pykes. I really thought Krrsantan was toast a few times.

appleArticulate

Suspended
Jan 6, 2022
I know others have stated this, and I just don't think that was the case.

It absolutely is the case, and I think you just don't understand how. No one means every detail of what Mando experienced as part of his 2 seasons. They mean the entire character and persona. The distant, unemotional, loner bounty hunter. That is Boba Fett. Or it was, until they decided they couldn't have the character be a repeat of Mando.

Boba Fett was the template for developing the character you meet at the beginning on Mando S1. It goes off differently from there, because that's the story.

Trust me, they tried very hard to make Boba Fett intentionally different from all expectation of the character, and their choices in that regard failed miserably.

Reactions: Huntn

appleArticulate

Suspended
Jan 6, 2022
I understand, but I disagree.
Gee what a thoughtful response. I read your post, it was clear that you did NOT understand, because of how you explained your understanding of it. I explained to you exactly what the way it is, which everyone acknowledges, including the creator of the series.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Also, I can't be the only one who was hoping that Grogu was going to whip out the lightsaber and go Yoda crazy on the oversized droideka.

When Mando was down and Grogu stepped out and raised his arm, I thought for sure he was going to grab the dark saber and start hopping and bouncing like Yoda to fight the droideka.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Gee what a thoughtful response.
Thanks, I thought it completely expressed that I disagree with you. And while you can go on and on on about why you think that is the case, its just your opinion and I have my opinion. You know, its ok if someone disagrees, its not the end of the world that you're opinion of a fictional tv show is not beholden by others ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Oh I think that's definitely done now. More likely we will see Boba Fett show up in Mando S3.

They had an entire season to turn Boba Fett into something, and it ends with Boba walking through the streets saying, "IDK if this is for me." It made no sense whatsoever. The series went no where, and was only saved by lifting ideas from Mando S3 and injecting them into this story.

Personally I think this production was doomed from the start, because they used up the entire Boba Fett persona to create Mando. So they attempted to do something different with Boba, and it made just as much sense on paper as it did to those watching it. Hence why someone had the wisdom early in production to say, "we have to do more, because this doesn't hold a candle to Mando." And this is exactly how it plays on screen.

The worst part, I think, is how the decision to prop up Boba Fett's story with Mando, Grogu, Luke, and Ashoka, is that it basically undoes the entire dramatic ending on Mando Season 2. Perhaps this was inevitable anyway that Grogu would return to Mando...but for it to happen like this, shoehorned into the Boba Fett story, in between Mando S2 and S3, is really bizarre.

Of course, there is no one who didn't enjoy all of these parts lifted from Mando and inserted here. That's why they did it. But they clearly didn't belong here.

I agree it's strange to shoehorn mando story into this Boba Fett show. Probably Disney's plan to keep people subscribed. Cannot just subscribe for Mando and unsubscribe until the new season. Probably inspired by Marvel metaverse where the story continues through different movies.

• Sad
Reactions: Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Mandalorian has not impressed me. I’ve expressed my feelings in that thread. Yes the sets are great meeting spec, the atmosphere is good, I’m sorry but 30 minute episodes imo suck, the stories by virtue of 30 minute vignettes are limited and mostly meaningless, period. You have to have an hour or it practically does‘nt count. A 4 hour season broken up into 30 minute bits, mostly unrelated…

However, I almost fell over when I heard a very expressive Bob da Fett in an advertisement for the show. I might have to give it a chance because one thing I hate is the emotionless Mando Din. I mean it’s not his fault, they told him how to play the character. But he does not even sound like Pablo when the mask is on. Wearing a mask is a terrible burden for an actor. In the Val Kilmer documentary, he said he quit Batman because everyone was playing to the mask, not him. So I know they feel it. :)

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
Watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say that it isn't moving very quick. The Mandalorian was so much better. I think they are attempting to fill in a lot of backstory (1st season) before it really kicks off (2nd season).

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say that it isn't moving very quick. The Mandalorian was so much better. I think they are attempting to fill in a lot of backstory (1st season) before it really kicks off (2nd season).
Yeah, it won't really 'pick up' till ep. 4 IMO. It's a slow burn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.