Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Thank you so much! This was super helpful. I hadn't even thought about the other points you mentioned about the keyboard remaining connected. I can see that being a seemingly minor thing I would find annoying if I'm doing a lot of switching back and forth. And not that it's great to hear that the Brydge has different wearing down issues as well, but it since I will be taking it in and out often, this definitely adds a con to the Brydge column. I'm going to pull the trigger on the MK!
Many others have stated this as well, but the MK has really changed how I've used and how often I'm using my iPad now.

If you have AppleCare+ on your iPad, then it also extends to your MK also if you're worried about how it will hold up long term =D

Last edited:

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Many others have stated this as well, but the MK has really changed how I've used and how often I'm using my iPad now.

If you have AppleCare+ on your iPad, then it also extends to your MK also if you're worried about how it will hold up long term =D
The Magic Keyboard is a powerful extension of the iPad. It’s an extraordinary design: it looks great but the real beauty is how it functions and expands the whole iPad experience.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
The Magic Keyboard is a powerful extension of the iPad. It’s an extraordinary design: it looks great but the real beauty is how it functions and expands the whole iPad experience.
I agree. My only gripe thus far, is how much of a lint / dust magnet the Magic Keyboard is. Maybe Apple can come up with a different material the next release.

Reactions: artfossil and rnmcd

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I imagine this keyboard should last for more generations certainly if the screen size stays the same.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I agree. My only gripe thus far, is how much of a lint / dust magnet the Magic Keyboard is. Maybe Apple can come up with a different material the next release.
I live in Florida, have a window open all the time and have cats (hence the window) so it's dusty as hell. I just put a LARGE microfiber cloth over the keys. But I really like the unabashedly synthetic material of the Magic Keyboard.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Every once in a while I find the MK gets in the way of doing something that can easily be done without it, but I find I use the MK 99.9% of the time now. It’s made my iPad so much better for productivity things.

Why, though, does it prevent me from copying a FB post (using the FB app), which can be done if it’s not attached?

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008
Every once in a while I find the MK gets in the way of doing something that can easily be done without it, but I find I use the MK 99.9% of the time now. It’s made my iPad so much better for productivity things.

Why, though, does it prevent me from copying a FB post (using the FB app), which can be done if it’s not attached?
Buggy Facebook App?

rogueGT

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2018
Hi all,

with the pending announcement of a new Ipad Pro coming out in a few weeks/ months

do you think it is a good recommendation to buy the Magic Keyboard now ?

are there any rumours pointing to the fact that the new iPad Pro is compatible with the Magic keyboard ?

I do NOT want to spend $$$ on the Magic keyboard only to have to change to a new one to accomodate the new iPad pro..

Reactions: jazz1

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Hi all,

with the pending announcement of a new Ipad Pro coming out in a few weeks/ months

do you think it is a good recommendation to buy the Magic Keyboard now ?

are there any rumours pointing to the fact that the new iPad Pro is compatible with the Magic keyboard ?

I do NOT want to spend $$$ on the Magic keyboard only to have to change to a new one to accomodate the new iPad pro..
There is no credible rumor of a new iPad Pro coming out in a few weeks or a few months.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
What are the thoughts of the new keyboard commands?

Settings > General > Accessibility > Keyboard > Full Keyboard Access > Commands

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
What are the thoughts of the new keyboard commands?

Settings > General > Accessibility > Keyboard > Full Keyboard Access > Commands

Thanks for pointing this out, everyone else seems to miss this new feature.
But I prefer not to activate the full keyboard access, as I think it confuses my experience on the iPadOS switching between regular iPad usage and as a laptop.

What I’m being excited about is the ”Double-tap to drag” feature.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Pointer Control.

Now I can drag icons / items without clicking the trackpad.
Also works for click and hold on menus such as the click/tap and hold on the back button to reveal route history.

Reactions: Hallstar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.