Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Very poor, again this morning freezing, hanging, stalling, seizing up, refusing to open a page, and then the embarrassment of double posting as one clicks "post reply" a number of times in vain.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Very slow and sluggish again today; hanging, stalling, freezing with the unfortunate effect of double posting as a consequence.
Thanks for the updates.we have been looking into it but it’s been a bit hard to nail down.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thanks for the updates.we have been looking into it but it’s been a bit hard to nail down.

The forum was completely down for a while this evening, and is still slow and sluggish (and prone to stalling thus giving rise - as has just happened - to the embarrassment of double posting).

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The last couple of days, very slow response, with typing in replies really slow. If I need to backspace to edit a post, the delay is almost comical (near one character per second). Been getting worse as the day goes on.

Well, typing THIS response, the site shows no lag at all, and follows me exactly as I type. I was JUST in one of the Mac areas, and the response was terrible, but here, no lag.
I don't get it (?)
Maybe something to do with how many are viewing a thread while I am there, too?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The last couple of days, very slow response, with typing in replies really slow. If I need to backspace to edit a post, the delay is almost comical (near one character per second). Been getting worse as the day goes on.

Well, typing THIS response, the site shows no lag at all, and follows me exactly as I type. I was JUST in one of the Mac areas, and the response was terrible, but here, no lag.
I don't get it (?)
Maybe something to do with how many are viewing a thread while I am there, too?

I'm not sure. I've been on pretty regularly and haven't noticed anything. It could be your local connection or maybe a specific server that's causing the issue.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm not sure. I've been on pretty regularly and haven't noticed anything. It could be your local connection or maybe a specific server that's causing the issue.

Slow again this morning, stalling, hanging, freezing and thereby giving rise to the embarrassment of double-posting.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Forum (I know that there has been a server problem), very slow and laggy since it has been restored; it is stalling, stuttering, hanging and freezing - giving rise to inadvertent double posting.
[doublepost=1551268996][/doublepost]Forum (I know that there has been a server problem), very slow and laggy since it has been restored; it is stalling, stuttering, hanging and freezing - giving rise to inadvertent double posting.
[doublepost=1551269083][/doublepost]See above.

I have had to exit the forum three times as the post seemed to hang and stall.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Very slow today: Hanging, stalling, freezing, taking an age to load, and then responding with the embarrassment of double posting when you press "post reply" a second time on a post that has taken ages to load and be posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.