Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
The only time I've experienced a forum that was loading slowly consistently was a very large forum back in the day. Think 5-10K active posters submitting posts up to 20K a day.

Circa 2002-2003 when testing the early versions of vB... Oof.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Are all these issues on macOS or iOS (or another platform)?

I have to confess, I have MR up all day at work and at home every day
And while I don't post all that much any more, I do pull up threads and interact with the Forum quite a bit
And I haven't noticed ANY of the complaints others seem to have

I am using High Sierra on my MBA and Mojave on my MBP
Using Chrome as my browser
I don't connect from my phone

It baffles me every time I come here and read these complaints and I wonder why I am not experiencing them
Is MR the only site that is sluggish and slow or are any other Internet functions suffering as well?
Is it possible other factors are involved? ISP issues. Mobile connection issues?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Are all these issues on macOS or iOS (or another platform)?
Windows and ipadOS for me. Much of my work was done on MR yesterday morning and it was slow, then later in the afternoon while on my iPad I noticed similar issues.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Slow forum again this morning, with 'post reply' actually timing out (a first) and a triple post as a consequence (another first) - since edited so that it is now a single post - in the 'sushi' thread.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The forums are excruciatingly slow today for some strange reason; indeed, at times, I have had to have two windows open at MR in order to open, read, or post, anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.