Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It is now taking up to thirty seconds to load a page, or load a "post reply".

In one thread, my "post reply" timed out completely, (I knew better than to click on "pots reply" a second time while the timer was running up and down its monochrome spectrum), whereupon I clicked on it again, leading to the lamentable outcome of a double post.

In turn, that proved beyond remedial action, as, when I attempted to edit the post (in the "what did you drunk today"? in the private section of the forum) I received an "Error 403" message.

So, yes, there are problems and matters are not improving.
[doublepost=1565538856][/doublepost]It is now taking up to thirty seconds to load a page, or load a "post reply".

In one thread, my "post reply" timed out completely, (I knew better than to click on "pots reply" a second time while the timer was running up and down its monochrome spectrum), whereupon I clicked on it again, leading to the lamentable outcome of a double post.

In turn, that proved beyond remedial action, as, when I attempted to edit the post (in the "what did you drunk today"? in the private section of the forum) I received an "Error 403" message.

So, yes, there are problems and matters are not improving.

In fact, the post has also timed out and not been posted.
[doublepost=1565538927][/doublepost]I'll leave it as it is, as an illustration of just how poor the system is today.

In fact, I have two windows open at MR, such are the delays in opening pages and being able to post replies.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Top tip. Write post. Head downstairs. Make tea. Chat with wife. Have dinner.
Then you are ready to post another thread.

Yes, I have found time to compose a post, read the Guardian/Observer (politics followed by football followed by food and wine sections), check emails, put on kettle, prepare coffee with Hario dripper and filter, and then return to MR clutching mug of coffee.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.