Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M-Life

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Hol-Leawood
Should I stop tying to upload an image to the Apple Card thread? It's only 50GB, but I've been trying since this morning. Would it help if I stopped?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Something is going on today as reported this morning in the MRs forum causing them to be sluggish and extremely slow from the time you hit the reply button to the time, the reply is posted, as long as 30 sec.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
It disappeared for a bit just now... and since its return, it's been a bit better... but it would not take much to be better that it's been all day so far.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ya, should be better now. Had an issue with one of the database servers.

Let us know if you see further issues.

Will do.

Well, I have just had an "Error 403" message flash up in the "what did you drunk today" in the private section of the forum when I attempted to amend or edit a post.

Otherwise, earlier today, I needed two or - at the very worst times, three windows open at MR - just to not take forever when attempting to post a reply, or open a page.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Very fast today. Took minutes to post a reply yesterday. Compounded with ISP trouble, it made the net unbearably slow.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just over the past twenty minutes or so, I have noticed that the forums have become slow and sluggish - taking ages to load - and are giving error reports while also not registering that some posts have been posted.

Reactions: retta283

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
I am noticing some slowness as of the past 10 minutes as well, it's not failed to load anything yet.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Since the forum upgrade a day or so ago, I have been delighted to notice that pages have opened commendably swiftly, posts (post reply) have been posted very rapidly, and overall - especially in terms of time, stability and speed in the forum - there has been a marked improvement over the previous version of the system.

However, just now, in the community section, it took almost a minute - I timed it - for a post I had written (and on which I had pressed "post reply") to actually appear in the thread (ironically it was about avatars) in which I attempted to post it.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Since the forum upgrade a day or so ago, I have been delighted to notice that pages have opened commendably swiftly, posts (post reply) have been posted very rapidly, and overall - especially in terms of time, stability and speed in the forum - there has been a marked improvement over the previous version of the system.

However, just now, in the community section, it took almost a minute - I timed it - for a post I had written (and on which I had pressed "post reply") to actually appear in the thread (ironically it was about avatars) in which I attempted to post it.
this is usually a sign the databases aren’t in sync. I’ll check it
[automerge]1569018459[/automerge]
this is usually a sign the databases aren’t in sync. I’ll check it
My reply appeared instantly so I assume it’s working now

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
A bit of strangeness just now... I wouldn't call it "sluggish", but an attempt to post a reply resulted in three successive posts (stacked together in a single post)...

Not sure what caused the issue, but should there be some sort of "spam" or "flooding" check that prevents multiple posts within a specific time frame (30 seconds, one minute, etc)?

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Since the forum update I am almost constantly getting “Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding” when trying to access forums and threads.

If it does happen to work it is extremely slow to load. The front page seems to load without trouble and all other websites are loaded quickly on my connection.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.