Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
any of you have this band?

ordered one a few weeks ago but just put it on the watch today. It feels great but have no idea how it will hold up. the price has gone up $2 since early December.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
I wear my watch when sleeping (use silent vibration alarm to wake me up). The unofficial sport bands gave me bad rashes when wearing for that length of time. The soft sport loops did not.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
New AliExpress arrivals. These got lost and had to be reposted so are months late.

I really like the 2 tone ones. I know some don’t, but I do. Desert Sand (far right) is kinda cool. Pink Berry (center) is awesome. I’m not a big fan of Lava Glow (second from the right). I feel like the colour is lost and overwhelmed by the grey. The right 3 are reflective.

Alaskan Blue is cool (second from left). I like the yellow sides. Khaki is alright. (Far left)

Attachments

• DEB1EAED-B746-4417-9DB6-52BCA59FEC15.jpeg
    DEB1EAED-B746-4417-9DB6-52BCA59FEC15.jpeg
    579.3 KB · Views: 524
  • 9D1AB9B2-C623-4FB2-99AF-28DA82F43D4E.jpeg
    9D1AB9B2-C623-4FB2-99AF-28DA82F43D4E.jpeg
    691.7 KB · Views: 508
Reactions: PugMaster and twanj

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
New AliExpress arrivals. These got lost and had to be reposted so are months late.

I really like the 2 tone ones. I know some don’t, but I do. Desert Sand (far right) is kinda cool. Pink Berry (center) is awesome. I’m not a big fan of Lava Glow (second from the right). I feel like the colour is lost and overwhelmed by the grey. The right 3 are reflective.

Alaskan Blue is cool (second from left). I like the yellow sides. Khaki is alright. (Far left)

can you post what seller?

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
Can you suggest me any watch band/strap that matches well with leather forest green iPhone case other than Apple leather loop?

I’ve already got midnight blue leather loop that I use with cape cod blue leather iPhone case.

Pitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
So picked up a cheap Hermēs knockoff strap from AliExpress and I’m actually quite happy with it. No idea how well it compares to the original but I like it.

It was about £10 shipped and turned up in about a week.

View attachment 887254

So you can buy from them even though you’re from the U.K? I might have to look.

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
How did they work out? Also, how quickly did you get them? I just bought 5 as well from your link since they're $1.72 each and ship from the US. I really want the canary yellow sports loop but the only OEM one I could find for the 44mm Watch is $100 and that's hard to stomach for the sports loop.
takes 3 to 6 weeks........Best Buy and forget you ordered......then you are surprised

Pitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
takes 3 to 6 weeks........Best Buy and forget you ordered......then you are surprised
I got them Saturday. It said US shipping but it took 17 days or a bit over 2 weeks, so I think it may have really been shipped from China. The color on the Cornflower, Canary Yellow and Flash Light are pretty much an exact match. Papaya seems a little brighter and Hyper Grape a little duller. I'm also not sure if the Hyper Grape is reflective - need to test that. The only noticeable difference in the bands, beside lacking the 44mm markings and having a middle silver connection on the lug, is that there is a slight gap on one of the four lug connections to the body. However, all of the loops lock in to the Watch and there is also a small gap on my OEM Cape Cod sport loop (the knock-offs' gap is a little larger, but not bad), so I'm happy, especially for $1.72 each.

Pitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
Yeah, one of mine would not slide in and they gave me full credit in 24 hours.......didn’t even have to return it. Yep I could have been out of a whole $1.72
Good to know their customer service is decent. I ordered a (non-knockoff) band in the past from Crested and realized right away that I still had my old apartment in AliExpress. I contacted Crested and they said not a problem and they would update it to my new address, but when they shipped they still shipped to the old address. I sent them messages but they didn't respond until I filed a complaint with AliExpress and then all of a sudden they didn't stop sending me messages about how my dispute "hurt" them. AliExpress refunded my order, but I think I wouldn't buy from Crested again even though they have US shipping and a good reputation.

Also, FWIW, the Hyper Grape from 3C watch band store (which now has oddly changed its name to I LOVE LUO watchband store) is non-reflective. In the pic below it's next to my OEM Summit White sports loop. I think I'll pick up a Hyper Grape and some others from Urvoi or Osrui on AliExpress which people say actually have reflective bands.
IMG_2043.jpeg

Last edited:

Pitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
Just called OSRUI Watchband Store. One of the many many clones that I assume are selling the exact same items. These are as good as any other knock-off. No better, no worse.
So, I just got in the mail three sport loops that should be reflective from OSRUI. As you can see in the photo below, the Hyper Grape is not at all reflective, but the Pink Berry and Celestial Teal are. I have a Hyper Grape I previously got from 3C/I LOVE LUO on AliExpress that is also not reflective, however surprisingly the Pink Berry and Celestial Teal both are reflective (I hadn't tested since I tried the Hyper Grape first and it wasn't). The lugs on the Pink Berry and Celestial Teal from OSRUI are both really loose, to the point where they don't lock in on the Pink Berry, so I'll be using the ones from 3C/I LOVE LUO. It's a bit of a bummer since OSRUI's Pink Berry definitely has greater reflectivity, but I'd rather have a less reflective band than a broken watch due to the lugs not locking in.

IMG_2096.png

OEM Summit White next to OSRUI Pink Berry, Hyper Grape and Celestial Teal sport loops

IMG_2102.png

3C/I LOVE LUO Pink Berry left, OSRUI right

IMG_2103.png

3C/I LOVE LUO Celestial Teal left, OSRUI right

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Has anyone tried a UAG Apple Watch band? Seriously thinking of this one:

splendidsquid

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2020
Those of you who bought sport loops from URVOI and are happy with them: which URVOI store did you use?

There’s “urvoi Store” with the url “urvoi” and also “URVOI Official Store” with the url “urvoisz”

I bought some sport loops from the former. They arrived today, and I’m ... not that happy with them. The lugs are super loose and seem less wide than the watch, for one thing. I have a 40mm S5, and I did order the 40mm (not 38mm) loops.

Also the stitching on all of them looks the same, there are no nuanced differences like with my official loops (the way the official Cerulean loop looks like snake scales for instance).

Am I just too much of a perfectionist and doomed to paying $50 for loops, or did I order from the wrong store? Maybe I should try 3C/I LOVE LUO ... I don’t really like the reflectivity on the Nike bands anyway.

Pitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2011
Those of you who bought sport loops from URVOI and are happy with them: which URVOI store did you use?

There’s “urvoi Store” with the url “urvoi” and also “URVOI Official Store” with the url “urvoisz”

I bought some sport loops from the former. They arrived today, and I’m ... not that happy with them. The lugs are super loose and seem less wide than the watch, for one thing. I have a 40mm S5, and I did order the 40mm (not 38mm) loops.

Also the stitching on all of them looks the same, there are no nuanced differences like with my official loops (the way the official Cerulean loop looks like snake scales for instance).

Am I just too much of a perfectionist and doomed to paying $50 for loops, or did I order from the wrong store? Maybe I should try 3C/I LOVE LUO ... I don’t really like the reflectivity on the Nike bands anyway.
So, apparently there are three Urvoi stores on AliExpress:
urvoi Store
URVOI Official Store
URVOIZ Store

I ordered a bunch of Nike sport loops off of the URVOI Official Store, which is the only one listed as a top brand, whatever that means. They haven't come in yet but when they do I'll let you know how they are. If they have loose lugs or other major defects I guess I'll stick to 3C/I LOVE LUO, since at least they've been generally consistent.

Reactions: ledzepfan1981

ApplePenguin

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
So, apparently there are three Urvoi stores on AliExpress:
urvoi Store
URVOI Official Store
URVOIZ Store

I ordered a bunch of Nike sport loops off of the URVOI Official Store, which is the only one listed as a top brand, whatever that means. They haven't come in yet but when they do I'll let you know how they are. If they have loose lugs or other major defects I guess I'll stick to 3C/I LOVE LUO, since at least they've been generally consistent.

I've ordered quite a few from the Urvoi Offical Store, all have been good quality with no loose lugs and all the Nike ones are on a par with the official in terms of reflectiveness (is that a word!). I really wanted the caramel woven nylon which urvoi didn't have so I ordered that and a couple of loops from Crested, waiting on them to arrive so I can compare quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.