Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London

zhpenn

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2014
Im in Australia. My Mac Pro shipping info is wired, it uses TNT ship from UK, but the destination is also UK(should be australia), also it shows 5 items?
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 8.24.56 pm.png

Reactions: martyjmclean

Bradleyone

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I live in Australia too, and get regularly get CTO Macs and stuff shipped from China through TNT.

The problem is just that TNT frequently messes up their tracking numbers. So your screenshot is probably not your package at all.

Try keying your shipment number directly into:
https://www.tnt.com/express/en_au/site/shipping-tools/tracking.html

if you dig around for an alternate match, you'll most likely find your package is currently at Pudong International Airport (outside Shanghai), due for delivery in Australia on 23 December 2019 before 18:00.

zhpenn

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2014
I live in Australia too, and get regularly get CTO Macs and stuff shipped from China through TNT.

The problem is just that TNT frequently messes up their tracking numbers. So your screenshot is probably not your package at all.

Try keying your shipment number directly into:
https://www.tnt.com/express/en_au/site/shipping-tools/tracking.html

if you dig around for an alternate match, you'll most likely find your package is currently at Pudong International Airport (outside Shanghai), due for delivery in Australia on 23 December 2019 before 18:00.
thanks a lot, I have called apple, they said will aks for me, because apple sms tell me will come 24 DEC

davidec

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2008
thanks a lot, I have called apple, they said will aks for me, because apple sms tell me will come 24 DEC
I’m in Australia and also got shipping notification for December 24th. I dare say we will be the first lot of nMP’s in OZ. My wife will be delighted that I am receiving it on Christmas Eve!!

crw

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
Well, I received the Pro Display and Pro Stand today and the stand is bent. Looks like an issue where the hinge attaches to the stand back. It creaks a bit too when you move the display up & down. I'm worried that it will break so I took the display back off and called Apple for a replacement. Had to sit on the phone for 1.5 hours and they said I will receive an e-mail with the replacement shipping info. Well, I just got that email and unfortunately the replacement order is showing that it won't deliver for 56 days so I have a useless display for now. Ugh.
IMG_0089.jpeg

OkiRun

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2019
Japan
It's done in Cinema4d, is not rendered, just viewport shading, here I've a few more images:
https://www.c4dzone.com/it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34044

Back on topic, those screws can be a real issue for people willing to upgrade the CPU. I'm ready to buy the 7.1 but first I want to see how other users will solve the problem.
Thanks for those images. It helped me get a better understanding of the computer before I order.

jasonmvp

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2015
Northern VA
Late to the party, but: trigger pulled.
  • 16 core
  • 32G RAM (I'll upgrade aftermarket)
  • 1TB system drive
  • Radeon Pro Vega II GPU
To it I intend to add a pair of Sonnet M.2 4x4 cards, each packed full of Samsung 2TB NVMe drives along with some more RAM.

And now... we wait.

Reactions: shuto

Sunrunner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2003
Late to the party, but: trigger pulled.
  • 16 core
  • 32G RAM (I'll upgrade aftermarket)
  • 1TB system drive
  • Radeon Pro Vega II GPU
To it I intend to add a pair of Sonnet M.2 4x4 cards, each packed full of Samsung 2TB NVMe drives along with some more RAM.

And now... we wait.

I just got this exact configuration, delivered on Friday. The 16 core configuration with single Vega is the sweet spot in the current BTO lineup. Added 128GB of aftermarket RAM for about $700, a SATA chassis for 10Gb of "slow storage" and an extra 2TB NVMe on a PCI card for activities needing the storage speed.

Reactions: jasonmvp

inflame93

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Mine moved to preparing for shipment this morning!

• 12 core
  • Single vega
  • 1Tb
  • 32gb ram (upgrading 3rd party)
More excited for dual XDRs, though they won’t be here until the first week of feb

Z28McCrory

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2014
Indiana
I ordered on Dec 18th (late at night).

-16 Core
-580x (add 2x Radeon VII)
-32GB (replacing with 192GB)
-2TB

Yesterday (21st) my card was charged
Today (22nd) it’s moved to “ready to ship”.

The estimated arrival still says Dec 30th-Jan 7th. I’m guessing I’ll easily get it before the 30th though?

serpico007

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2017
After a decade of wanting to own a Mac Pro from the early 2000 generation, I finally picked up a 2008 model. I was looking for a 2009 or 2010 model but it just worked out with the price ($200 CAD) and seller. Locally people want over a $1000 CAD for these popular models, which I understand. People have invested a lot of upgraded hardware in them.

Specs are very good with the 2008 model I got tonight. Runs very fast on 10.11.6. Though I know very little about what can be done with these systems from Youtube, it would be nice to know how I can run some later OSes. But I guess I'll start reading the forums tonight!

Reactions: Z28McCrory
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.