Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

analog guy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
guys---download the 'delivery status' dashboard widget (free).

it will update your status for the apple store, UPS, (and amazon, fedex, and much more).

it's invaluable for these situations.

mintakax

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2013
guys---download the 'delivery status' dashboard widget (free).

it will update your status for the apple store, UPS, (and amazon, fedex, and much more).

it's invaluable for these situations.

But it doesn't make the status change happen any quicker :mad::mad:

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
I wonder if the order numbers are any clue as to one's place in the queue ?

Indirectly, I'm sure, but there's certainly more than one queue. If they're short on D700s they're going to fulfill the next D300 order even if it's "later" in the sequence. Multiply that by each BTO option and it gets a lot harder to predict except in the case of identical configurations.

spaz8

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
Finally pulled the trigger on a nMp

6 core, 12 ram, 1 TB, D700.

Diskless pegasus2 R4 also in the mail.

Will be quite the upgrade from my mp 1,1 and its ati 5770's and no SSD's.

Last edited:

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Finally pulled the trigger on a nMp

6 core, 12 ram, 1 TB, D700.

Diskless pegasus2 R4 also in the mail.

Will be quite the upgrade from my mp 1,1 and its ati 5770's and no SSD's.

:eek: I'm sure it will be amazing based on the differences I've observed between the nMP and my 4,1!

mintakax

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2013
I know reading this thread is not going to help getting my order any faster, but seeing other BTO orders progressing in status gives me hope :)

Just for kicks, could those whose BTO status changed indicate their configurations ?

paulsdenton

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2010
Barton, Vermont USA
This will probably be considered a pretty lightweight comment but after 20 years of plastic and stamped metal computer cases I am absolutely amazed at the build quality of my new Mac Pro. It is the highest quality computer enclosure I have ever seen. The machined metal components are a veritable work of art.

Now just waiting for my Pegasus RT 8 to finish my setup. I am very happy with my purchase!!

Worth the wait!

AcornCinema

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2014
New York, NY
B&H orders?

Ordered in store from B&H (NY) through Apple's Business services, so I'm not getting any updates or "estimated dates" from Apple. All I've had is "Drop Ship order submitted to vendor UPS Ground" via B&H's website's order status page :`-(

Does anyone know of anyone who ordered through B&H? Wish I had a better idea of how long it would take, refreshing the order status page is making me go homer simpson crazy like in that shining treehouse of horror episode...

analog guy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
But it doesn't make the status change happen any quicker :mad::mad:
true. at least know you are probably ahead of me in the queue!

yeah, but then I have to go into dashboard.
in a quick swipe i can get delivery status for 9 different things i am tracking right now -- USPS, UPS, fedex, amazon, apple and DHL.

sure, i have to swipe once to get to dashboard and once to get back…such a burden! ;-)

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
I hope the person who started the spreadsheet won't mind, but I've posted a link to it on Lou Borella's MacProsPlease Facebook page. Might prompt some more entries which will help to give us all a good idea of what's going on.

Was a cracking idea to set up that spreadsheet. Along with regular refreshes of my order status page I'm spending far too much time looking at it waiting for people to fill in the "Actual Delivery Date" box. Gives me hope that I won't be waiting too long. :rolleyes:

I really *should* be doing some work…!

Last edited:

Scissors

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
London, UK
I hope the person who started the spreadsheet won't mind, but I've posted a link to it on Lou Borella's MacProsPlease Facebook page. Might prompt some more entries which will help to give us all a good idea of what's going on.

Was a cracking idea to set up that spreadsheet. Along with regular refreshes of my order status page I'm spending far too much time looking at it waiting for people to fill in the "Actual Delivery Date" box. Gives me hope that I won't be waiting too long. :rolleyes:

I really *should* be doing some work…!

Don't mind at all! The more entries the better... :)

TekAzurik

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2014
It seems someone didn't heed the doc's warning and sorted everything. I fixed it and put everything back in categories. Keeping the suspense at bay!

mintakax

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2013
It seems someone didn't heed the doc's warning and sorted everything. I fixed it and put everything back in categories. Keeping the suspense at bay!

Sorry if that was me, I had some trouble putting my entry in using my IPad

Jasper111

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
So it looks like those who ordered in the first hour on line are starting to get theirs (3 am to 4 am EST). Is there any BTO customers who are not business customers and ordered between 4 - 5 am EST who have received notices?

PJNanook

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2014
Ordered mine in the first few minutes. No love yet.

EPP Personal (if that matters)

Quad/32 Gig/1 TB/D300

Kevin

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.