Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
Placed my order for the base model 16” yesterday! Says it should come November 15-19 via express shipping. I’m hoping to get it tomorrow if at all possible. My order is in the “preparing for shipment” stage right now, so hopefully I get the shipment notification today.

Reactions: macsplusmacs

Nick A

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2009
Placed my order for the base model 16” yesterday! Says it should come November 15-19 via express shipping. I’m hoping to get it tomorrow if at all possible. My order is in the “preparing for shipment” stage right now, so hopefully I get the shipment notification today.

In the same boat as you, fingers crossed!

obargy

macrumors regular
May 6, 2016
🇨🇦
My status changed to "Your order is being prepared for shipment." Anyone else? Hoping that means it'll ship today and arrive tomorrow.

Same here. But mine will only arrive next Monday because I'm in the far north (Canada) ?

(I wonder if I could get one in store tomorrow...)

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Maxed out 16. But with educational discount, it brought the price down to $5500. Mere pocket change :D

Of course, if I was "educational", I wouldn't have been dumb enough to pay that much for a notebook.

Reactions: kinster

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Quite a few threads on the new machine so wasn’t sure which thread to ask in. Does anybody know when the UK stores will have stock available for walk-ins?

WickedPorter

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
My “maxed out except SSD” MBP16 is still stuck in processing... d’oh. So here I am, hanging out in this support thread for the next few days. Hi all, I’m Nick, and I have a problem every time Apple releases a new MBP... ?

Emathieu

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Wish I would have ordered a little quicker...

View attachment 877038

I just ordered pretty much the same as you did, except I didn't bump up the processor and just stuck with the 2.3Ghz i9. Oh and I went with silver just because I'm stuck in my ways. ;)

I'm moving to this from an early '15 MBP, so I'm long overdue for an upgrade. Definitely looking forward to it. Going from 16GB to 64GB of RAM is going to be a godsend for me.

Mine is arriving Nov 26 - Nov 29 with the express option. I can't complain about that since it is a BTO.

2UFKhgtl.png

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
Have a question: I have a 13” 2015 MacBook Pro that is running Mojave. Want to get this new 16” but they ship with Catalina, right? Can I still transfer all my content from the 13” to the 16” without running into a problem? I was thinking of staying away from upgrading to Catalina till it seems a bit more stable. Or do I need to upgrade to Catalina on the 13” before transferring to the 16”? Thanks for the help.

martyjmclean

Cancelled
Jan 24, 2018
Have a question: I have a 13” 2015 MacBook Pro that is running Mojave. Want to get this new 16” but they ship with Catalina, right? Can I still transfer all my content from the 13” to the 16” without running into a problem? I was thinking of staying away from upgrading to Catalina till it seems a bit more stable. Or do I need to upgrade to Catalina on the 13” before transferring to the 16”? Thanks for the help.
Setup as new and transfer the documents you need.
Apps and preferences I would setup from scratch, to make sure there isn’t any leftover 32-bit stuff.

Reactions: Emathieu

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Its here!

Even side by side with a 15", its hard to tell them apart in terms of size. Keyboard is brilliant - the feel is kind of like the Magic Keyboard 2 but also not. Biggest difference I think is the key-spacing - the increased space between them is making it so easy to type accurately and finally with the arrow key layout being back I can orient myself by touch a bit easier.

Speakers are excellent - I can see myself using them so much more in place of external ones. Screen is nice, but not played around with the resolutions yet to see about the scaled modes.

Whackman

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Its here!

Even side by side with a 15", its hard to tell them apart in terms of size. Keyboard is brilliant - the feel is kind of like the Magic Keyboard 2 but also not. Biggest difference I think is the key-spacing - the increased space between them is making it so easy to type accurately and finally with the arrow key layout being back I can orient myself by touch a bit easier.

Speakers are excellent - I can see myself using them so much more in place of external ones. Screen is nice, but not played around with the resolutions yet to see about the scaled modes.
How is the screen? One person on this forum said the colours are less saturated on the 16 inch. Could you be so kind to compare?

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
How is the screen? One person on this forum said the colours are less saturated on the 16 inch. Could you be so kind to compare?

Edited because I can't read apparently!

No, I'd not agree with that based on my limited use this far. I've not tried any of the different profiles yet either.

Oh, before I forget, the speakers are amazing, just as good a those early reviews said.

Last edited:

wav

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Ordered my 16” MacBook Pro on Wednesday. It’s scheduled to arrive between November 22 and the 25th.

I’m eager and very excited to receive this new machine and I’m wondering has anyone had the experience in the past when ordering from Apple of having the nice surprise of it actually arriving earlier than expected?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.