Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
We'll have to agree to have alternative opinions I guess.
but that's cool :cool:
Um, ok that’s fine but what I’m saying isn’t an opinion…it’s a fact. Apple themselves did change the back of the phone this year to make it easier to repair. They said so themselves.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Um, ok that’s fine but what I’m saying isn’t an opinion…it’s a fact. Apple themselves did change the back of the phone this year to make it easier to repair. They said so themselves.
and I agree. I’m only saying Apple dropped the ball on structural integrity testing. The design would have included the new back design. I hope.
Thx

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Just been to check the iPhone 15’s out in person and the regular 15’s, whilst feeling great, have TERRIBLE colours.
The only good options (IMO) are pink and green. The rest are awful, especially the abomination that is the yellow one 😰. So gutting after the yellow 14. God tier colour.

Reactions: tbayrgs

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Just been to check the iPhone 15’s out in person and the regular 15’s, whilst feeling great, have TERRIBLE colours.
The only good options (IMO) are pink and green. The rest are awful, especially the abomination that is the yellow one 😰. So gutting after the yellow 14. God tier colour.
Agree.. all are basically various shades of off white. I saw the blue one and my initial thought was ‘I thought they didn’t do a white version this year,’ then remembered they didn’t and realized it was the blue phone. 😂

Pink is the most vibrant but that’s only because the others are all so pale. That pink any other year would be the worst color.

Line up the blue colored standard iPhones going back to the 12 and you’ll notice they get significantly lighter every year. With this progression, there literally will be black and 4 shades of white next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: dk001 and Aneres11

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Yahoo Fantasy Football now supports Live Activities and Dynamic Island.

853d427d6abe28b9d8b33b6f03a2fec1.jpg

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
Been using my 15 PM since Tuesday. Really enjoying it. The PM didn’t take any time to get used to coming from the regular 14 either, but I am used to bigger phones with using a 6 then 7 Pro Pixel for last two years.

Since the latest update I have had some issues. No overheating but the phone has ‘died’ on me twice today. Once walking the dog and music just stopped and AirPods controls weren’t working so I pulled my phone out and saw the screen had the Apple logo on, and again an hour or so ago. Odd.

Those gripes aside it’s great. Haven’t even tested the camera yet. Took some 5x shots and they’re just ok currently. Looking forward to trialling the camera a bit more this weekend.

The Natural Titanium is amazing. I think this is the best looking iPhone ever.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Been using my 15 PM since Tuesday. Really enjoying it. The PM didn’t take any time to get used to coming from the regular 14 either, but I am used to bigger phones with using a 6 then 7 Pro Pixel for last two years.

Since the latest update I have had some issues. No overheating but the phone has ‘died’ on me twice today. Once walking the dog and music just stopped and AirPods controls weren’t working so I pulled my phone out and saw the screen had the Apple logo on, and again an hour or so ago. Odd.

Those gripes aside it’s great. Haven’t even tested the camera yet. Took some 5x shots and they’re just ok currently. Looking forward to trialling the camera a bit more this weekend.

The Natural Titanium is amazing. I think this is the best looking iPhone ever.
The one thing that's really stood out to me the first few days of using it is how comfortable it is to hold, both because of its weight and rounded corners. The titanium also makes it grippier so I've been mostly using it without a case.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I love the phone coming from the iPhone 12 Pro it doesn't feel that much of a hindrance to carry around upgrading to the Max size... I'm rocking with the apple silicone case for now.. and I have another case coming next week.. I plan on keeping this phone for the next 3 years just like the previous..

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I love the phone coming from the iPhone 12 Pro it doesn't feel that much of a hindrance to carry around upgrading to the Max size... I'm rocking with the apple silicone case for now.. and I have another case coming next week.. I plan on keeping this phone for the next 3 years just like the previous..

I usually upgrade every year so I’m probably just plan on that but this phone definitely feels like a good generation to hold onto for a while. I think people easily could have skipped the 14 PM.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
One thing I loved when I got the 14 Pro on launch (didn’t have it that long in the end as carried on rocking the Pixel 7 Pro) was Dynamic Island. And I really missed it on my iphone 14 (regular) so was looking forward to getting it back but I’ve hardly even noticed its there since having my 15 PM! It’s strange.
Perhaps I’ve just not had the phone long enough yet to make the use out of it. :)

I desperately need a case but am honestly tempted to go case-less and buy Apple Care. I know it would be like a pretty expensive case but it would mean I didn’t have to worry too much about not having full protection. I have a screen protector on, but the phone feels so great without a case that I don’t really want to ruin that.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
One thing I loved when I got the 14 Pro on launch (didn’t have it that long in the end as carried on rocking the Pixel 7 Pro) was Dynamic Island. And I really missed it on my iphone 14 (regular) so was looking forward to getting it back but I’ve hardly even noticed its there since having my 15 PM! It’s strange.
Perhaps I’ve just not had the phone long enough yet to make the use out of it. :)

I desperately need a case but am honestly tempted to go case-less and buy Apple Care. I know it would be like a pretty expensive case but it would mean I didn’t have to worry too much about not having full protection. I have a screen protector on, but the phone feels so great without a case that I don’t really want to ruin that.

I’m thinking it’s because more apps have updated to utilize Dynamic Island, but I find it much more useful now compared to a year ago.

Reactions: Aneres11

BMox81

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2014
United Kingdom

Dynamic Island is the one thing that I think I’ll have fomo over having gone 8 Pro over the 15 Pro.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Dynamic Island is the one thing that I think I’ll have fomo over having gone 8 Pro over the 15 Pro.
I think the Dynamic Island is a great way to make better use of the space around the camera and FaceID sensors but after using it for a year, not sure I'd miss it if all of a sudden it was gone. If anything, I appreciate the Lock Screen live actiivities more. Little blurbs of info updated from the Island is great but, not really a huge difference over just getting a notification.

Don't get wrong, it's an improvement, but just not any sort of paradigm shift versus what we had prior to its existence.

Reactions: SteveJUAE

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I think the Dynamic Island is a great way to make better use of the space around the camera and FaceID sensors but after using it for a year, not sure I'd miss it if all of a sudden it was gone. If anything, I appreciate the Lock Screen live actiivities more. Little blurbs of info updated from the Island is great but, not really a huge difference over just getting a notification.

Don't get wrong, it's an improvement, but just not any sort of paradigm shift versus what we had prior to its existence.
that was my exact take as well. I used it a couple of times for some live scores. Then it was meh and I wouldn't miss it if it was gone. Kinda like the old 3d Touch Apple killed off in IOS. It was nice when I remembered to use it :)

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013

I thought the same thing when I had the 14 Pro Max but this time around, I feel differently. I’ve actually utilized it a ton.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I thought the same thing when I had the 14 Pro Max but this time around, I feel differently. I’ve actually utilized it a ton.
Many of my apps use it, I just find that I don’t directly interact with it that much. I see the little icons implying I’m navigating or playing some audio but again, don’t get needed information from them very often. The corresponding info that gets displayed live on the lockscreen however I do find helpful.

I guess maybe because I don’t spend prolonged durations of time interacting with my phone unlocked where I’m not already aware of apps providing that info, but will frequently come back to it after not using it and then seeing the info on the lock screen (Uber updates, time left on a parking meter, live precipitation info from Carrot weather, sport score updates, to name a few) that I notice it more in those situations.

Again, I do like it and think it’s a great addition to iOS. When I stopped to consider my time with the DI, realized it’s not that impactful on my usage.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
while we are griping.... Man what is up with AOD and Standby on my 15PM.
They both turn off after a time. What good is Always On Display....if it ALWAYS turns off?
My phones sit on my nightstand on a wireless charger. So there are no battery saving issues here.
My Android phones....the AOD is ALWAYS on! Even when not on a charger.....

Reactions: Aneres11

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
while we are griping.... Man what is up with AOD and Standby on my 15PM.
They both turn off after a time. What good is Always On Display....if it ALWAYS turns off?
My phones sit on my nightstand on a wireless charger. So there are no battery saving issues here.
My Android phones....the AOD is ALWAYS on! Even when not on a charger.....
I turned AOD off first thing when setting up phone

Reactions: tbayrgs and jamezr

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I’ll tell you one thing I do not like.
The Action Button.
A HUGE mistake was made the day the switch to silence was removed. Man I miss it. 😪

Are you not able to silence with the action button?
Yeah, this. 👆 It can still be a switch to silence button. For me, someone who always has their phone silenced, it’s better to have a new option for a different feature. I’ve seen some pretty crazy, complicated setups (different actions depending on the phones position or even time of day). I have it set to automatically launch Waze as I do quite a bit of driving and love having my phone open to navigation as I’m getting in the car or popping my phone into the dock on my motorcycle.

Reactions: Bkdodger
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.