Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy2141

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2010
UK
I'm pretty sure you can replace the glass with a cheap kit without needing to take the thing to pieces.

I looked into this on my daughter's iPhone 12 when she smashed hers. Hopefully it's still possible on the newer models.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I would definitely get a quote just to be sure maybe less depending your damage but see your options
Just got back. £199 they said.
I'll think about it. Haha. Weirdly, the photos are not affected and I have no idea how. But I will want it fixed for future trade in or resale later down the line.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I'll think about it. Haha. Weirdly, the photos are not affected and I have no idea how. But I will want it fixed for future trade in or resale later down the line.
At least you don't have to rush... But I would know myself and definitely have it fixed because my OCD would bother me so much

Whoops2474

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2023
The thing is that protective glass on top was damaged and because of that something can get inside and damage actual camera lenses/module. I’m not sure if it’s okay to not fix it right now 🤔

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
The thing is that protective glass on top was damaged and because of that something can get inside and damage actual camera lenses/module. I’m not sure if it’s okay to not fix it right now 🤔
He can place one of those individual lens covers over it on the meantime

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Exactly like a good stunt person you need to fall gracefully

Wonder if it had A special case on it?
1704762789570.jpeg

Reactions: jamezr and Bkdodger

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
I’ve seen some TikTok videos that show toothpaste applied over a cracked screen and then gently rubbed in can magically make the cracks disappear.

Try that on the camera lens [mention]Aneres11 [/mention] and see how you get on.

If it doesn’t work then you’re either using the wrong brand of toothpaste or you’re doing it wrong .

Reactions: jamezr

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I’ve seen some TikTok videos that show toothpaste applied over a cracked screen and then gently rubbed in can magically make the cracks disappear.

Try that on the camera lens [mention]Aneres11 [/mention] and see how you get on.

If it doesn’t work then you’re either using the wrong brand of toothpaste or you’re doing it wrong .
Also think you need to floss for it to work

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.