Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aggie99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2016
Dallas, TX
I'll say this. I rarely visit these forums anymore because I'm content now. When I was on Android, I thought about switching back to iOS almost daily. Now being on iOS for over 2 months, I haven't thought about switching back to Android once. I'm sure I'll be swayed again at some point, but what can I say. I'm an Apple guy even though they piss me off sometimes.
Go away ;)

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I'll say this. I rarely visit these forums anymore because I'm content now. When I was on Android, I thought about switching back to iOS almost daily. Now being on iOS for over 2 months, I haven't thought about switching back to Android once. I'm sure I'll be swayed again at some point, but what can I say. I'm an Apple guy even though they piss me off sometimes.
I am happy for you! Now stay away! Stay in the iPhone threads! Don't let FOMO bring you back lol

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Your wallet thanks you lol

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
After having use a 13 ProMax, now using a 15 ProMax, and having and using several Android devices, one thing, well actually two things, keeps pulling me back to the Android world;

1. Ease of use - app and file access, defaulting apps, screen layout, split screen, multi tasking, most Android devices I have used are better at this than the iPhone.

2. Software and OS stability - not sure just what is going on with iOS for the past couple of versions, but outside of the new functionality (expect bugs), core functionality and apps has taken a step or two back. Add long term bugs into this bag.

Having used, and still using both OS’s since they launched, it is a decided lack of, call it flexibility, that keeps resurfacing in iOS which makes Android a better daily driver fit for me. Just my personal use case and experience. You, and others may see or experience it differently.

Happy Holidays 🎄

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
After having use a 13 ProMax, now using a 15 ProMax, and having and using several Android devices, one thing, well actually two things, keeps pulling me back to the Android world;
I’m surrounded by iPhones with family and friends… I’m normally the one who has to troubleshoot their devices if they stumble upon any issues. Or even through the upgrade OS (or update iPhones) phase, I help them through that.

Having used, and still using both OS’s since they launched, it is a decided lack of, call it flexibility, that keeps resurfacing in iOS which makes Android a better daily driver fit for me. Just my personal use case and experience. You, and others may see or experience it differently.
I’m glad both exist… they both have their strength and weakness. I don’t begrudge anyone for their phone of choice, just don’t care to argue which is better. Because nowadays, it’s all bout preferences.

But you are spot on... Flexibility or even versatility, is what keeps me using Android.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016

I'm in the exact same boat. Switched from a Pixel 6 Pro to a iPhone 13PM a few years back, bought an AW, and haven't looked back. The only phones that have tempted me are a few of the foldables but even those aren't refined enough for me to make the switch back. Recently I got my first MacBook and I understand the whole ecosystem pull now. Besides making by far the best hardware, Apple's ability to enhance the user experience with the more Apple products you get in unrivaled. I would go as far as to call it genius. Every device gets better the more Apple devices you have.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'm in the exact same boat. Switched from a Pixel 6 Pro to a iPhone 13PM a few years back, bought an AW, and haven't looked back. The only phones that have tempted me are a few of the foldables but even those aren't refined enough for me to make the switch back. Recently I got my first MacBook and I understand the whole ecosystem pull now. Besides making by far the best hardware, Apple's ability to enhance the user experience with the more Apple products you get in unrivaled. I would go as far as to call it genius. Every device gets better the more Apple devices you have.
Yes it’s the ecosystem which stops me switching back. On an individual level the galaxy fold or pixel fold could get me to switch but when I consider the whole ecosystem I stay put.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
i am doing just the opposite....I have been taking the steps to break out of the ecosystem. I sold my iMac and iPad, MBA 15 and might part ways with my 15PM. I have found replacements that have more features that suit my needs and usage better than what Apple has to offer. So far the changes have gone rather smooth for me so far.
But I have been a iPhone guy since day one and have had every iPhone. I upgrade every year. So FOMO is real lol.

it is so funny but the hardest part to switching so far has been family and friends that are iPhone users! They see the green and comment with sad face emojis lol

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
i am doing just the opposite....I have been taking the steps to break out of the ecosystem. I sold my iMac and iPad, MBA 15 and might part ways with my 15PM. I have found replacements that have more features that suit my needs and usage better than what Apple has to offer. So far the changes have gone rather smooth for me so far.
But I have been a iPhone guy since day one and have had every iPhone. I upgrade every year. So FOMO is real lol.

it is so funny but the hardest part to switching so far has been family and friends that are iPhone users! They see the green and comment with sad face emojis lol
I could never break away from my iMac... I will never go to a regular PC lol .. everything else I could move away.. well let me take that back my Apple watch ultra is a must too lol so I guess so is the iPhone... Carry on

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Oh, I can relate lol. But I decided to keep a cellular iPad in an effort to maintain those iMessage threads.

I think the iPad is the only device from Apple I’ll keep in rotation, looking forward to seeing what they do in 2024 with the iPad Pro (supposedly it’s getting a redesign).

I could never break away from my iMac... I will never go to a regular PC lol .. everything else I could move away.. well let me take that back my Apple watch ultra is a must too lol so I guess so is the iPhone... Carry on
Don’t wish to derail the subject at hand, but what’s wrong with a regular PC? Lol

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I hear you about the AW...until i bought a Garmin Fenix 7x solar 2 weeks ago and haven't touched my AW. It is like the AW on steroids. It has 20 day battery life and charges while i wear it with a solar ring on the watch face. It pairs with both IOS and Android. For me it has been a better fit than my AW

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Oh, I can relate lol. But I decided to keep a cellular iPad in an effort to maintain those iMessage threads.

I think the iPad is the only device from Apple I’ll keep in rotation, looking forward to seeing what they do in 2024 with the iPad Pro (supposedly it’s getting a redesign).

Don’t wish to derail the subject at hand, but what’s wrong with a regular PC? Lol

I could do without iMessage not a biggie for me.. iPad is a nice device to have in your rotation..

I hate Windows and moved away from it since my MacPro in 2011 which btw is still working nicely

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I hear you about the AW...until i bought a Garmin Fenix 7x solar 2 weeks ago and haven't touched my AW. It is like the AW on steroids. It has 20 day battery life and charges while i wear it with a solar ring on the watch face. It pairs with both IOS and Android. For me it has been a better fit than my AW

Nice I'm going to check it out ..sounds like a winner ...

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I’m curious… what is your messaging platform of choice? Or what do your social circle impose on you? Lol
I use only a few

Google messages which I get plenty of action from friends ...I laugh bc my good friends have both my numbers and sometimes my iPhone friends send to my Google number lmao I crack up when they get disappointed and mix up the numbers

iPhone iMessage of course

WhatsApp plenty of family and friends especially my older ones like WhatsApp and international

Google Voice number gets a few messages for those I don't want bothering me hehe

Instagram gets a few messages

Reactions: appleappleuser

edubfromktown

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
I could do without iMessage not a biggie for me.. iPad is a nice device to have in your rotation..

I hate Windows and moved away from it since my MacPro in 2011 which btw is still working nicely

Same for me on the Windows front. Use a couple of work laptops for that and Linux.

At home been on Mac's since OS X Kodiak beta days and Linux even longer.

Haven't missed iMessage at all since I switched from iPhones a few years back.

Reactions: Bkdodger and jamezr

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I switched from Android to iPhone fully in 2012 and was content. I haven’t compared in all seriousness and all my family use iPhones so it’s just easier. A few of my friends who were long time iPhone users switched to Android but it’s not an issue as everybody uses WhatsApp for texting anyway. Maybe if I ever find something the iPhone can’t do that I need I might explore alternatives but that hasn’t happened as yet. I get the impression smartphones have matured to a point where they all essentially do the same thing now and it probably comes down to personal taste.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Well Beeper cloud or Beeper Mini ( both in Play Store) may change that.

As a Android user I just can't relate but I guess it's something.

Beeper Mini got shut down by Apple but I hear it's usable again if you log in to your Apple ID to use it. You didn't have to do that before.

Hope this helps, but it isn't a finished product yet and I even used it for the 2 days before it got shut down and the iPhone users ( only 2) I sent a text to, nobody said anything about the bubble being blue and didn't ask if I got an iPhone.

I have no idea what my Apple ID or password is as I haven't logged into it in 13 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV

Agree, I look forward to getting a new PC. Mine is too old to get Windows 11.

I wouldn't mind a chrome book type PC but don't know if it is more a desktop type OS from the Tablets and phones. And I don't want a laptop so I don't think they make Chrome all in one PCs.

If they do, that's what I'd be looking at. But I don't mind Windows, they just don't have a very good App section.

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Agree, I look forward to getting a new PC. Mine is too old to get Windows 11.

I wouldn't mind a chrome book type PC but don't know if it is more a desktop type OS from the Tablets and phones. And I don't want a laptop so I don't think they make Chrome all in one PCs.

If they do, that's what I'd be looking at. But I don't mind Windows, they just don't have a very good App section.
I don't mind Windows either. There are pros and cons to both Windows and MacOS platforms. But I got a nice touch screen 2 in1 windows laptop that does everything my MBA 15 did for less than what i Paid for the MBA 15. I used them side by side for 2 weeks and did not notice a difference for my uses cases. Except the Windows laptop offer more features on the hardware side.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

Over the past few years I have done exactly that - ending up not getting rid of all Apple but seriously cut back and moved into what worked best for me irregardless of the manufacturer or OS.

To add, I also have a Garmin Fenix, not solar, and it gets used as much or more than my AWU. Biggest miss for me on Mac vs Windows is the hardware. My MBP is the ONLY device I have without a touchscreen. I have come to rely on that far too often. It is the one item that Apple should add.

Last edited:

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
smart man.

What iPhone do you have?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.