Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
She does NOT ODed, minute before her "suicide" called the network and accept the promotion ..it doesn't make sense.
[automerge]1577982241[/automerge]

TMS is not a thriller or murder mystery. She took too many drugs and died. It may have not been intentional though.

ChineseBots

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2019
Oh boy that finale, im with goosebumps! I have to say that the show's take on "MeToo" is very refreshing and inspiring (at least to me), can't wait to see what they gonna do in season 2.

Reactions: Titus

Puppuccino

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2019
United Kingdom
I’ve just started watching this and am waiting to start episode 4. For some reason I only seem to get around to watching in the morning. Bit of a weird tradition. ?

I can’t wait to keep watching though. Really good story and Steve Carrell is just brilliant. So is Jennifer Anniston but I have a hard time liking her character.

Great casting. This show may make me stay on as a subscriber after my free year.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Yesterday, I reduced our U-Verse to virtually only the local channels service.

Since we are still within our free year of Apple TV+, I might just rewatch this series...

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Just watched episode 1. Impressed. Far more impressed than I thought I would be for a show with Jennifer Aniston in it. Good cast, good start.

You're in for a treat! This is a wonderful show.

Early reviews weren't that great when the series first premiered... but reviewers only saw the first 3 episodes.

If you liked the first episode... you'll love it even more as the season progresses.

jramjee

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2020
London
After 45 minutes of the first episode I turned it off. What I saw was some truly awful overacting and poor acting and dialogue in general. With spare time limited, there's no way I'm going to invest anymore of mine in this show. There's just too many more great shows out there to watch.
I watched the first episode in November and ditched it for the exact same reason as you. I gave it another go this weekend and blitzed through it. Trust me when I say this - it gets infinitely better from episode 2 onwards. The writing style changes dramatically, the social media buzzwords are thrown out in favour of some genuinely intriguing arguments and it takes several clever turns in its run to the finale. Definitely give it another go.

Nütztjanix

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2019
Germany
I watched the first episode in November and ditched it for the exact same reason as you. I gave it another go this weekend and blitzed through it. Trust me when I say this - it gets infinitely better from episode 2 onwards. The writing style changes dramatically, the social media buzzwords are thrown out in favour of some genuinely intriguing arguments and it takes several clever turns in its run to the finale. Definitely give it another go.
It has been mentioned by several posters now that you can't (or, at least, shouldn't) judge this show by the first episode, presumably not even the first two or three.

Titus

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2009
I enjoyed the first season. Looking forward to where Season 2 will take us.

Martinpa

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2014
I had been putting off giving this show a go, but I started it two days ago (I just wanted to watch a 4K stream on my new iMac to gloat at the picture quality) and finished it just now. Can’t say it’s perfect and some subplots weren’t all that interesting to me, but it was a great show, really looking forward to the next season. Alex is hard to sympathize with at times (which I don’t think is a bad thing, not all character have to be, it’s actually refreshing to be invested in a lead that isn’t necessarily sympathetic, Cersei-style), but Jennifer Anniston still plays her in a way that makes her character realistically complex and her motivations coherent. The path they evolve Mitch on is a compelling one, and it could lead to something interesting in the future. Bradley, I feel, hasn’t been developed enough quite yet, though her relationship with her father became significant, I don’t think they’ve explored enough of her character. Might be a conscious decision as a lot of seeds have been planted for her, perhaps to be reaped next season, but I think she was more so a plot device to further the story, so far.

Looking forward to the follow up season. This and a few more things I’ve watched on Apple TV+ definitely justify to me the price of a subscription once my free trial is over.

Reactions: Nütztjanix

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I resisted watching the show at first just because I don’t care for “famous” A-list actors that kept being marketing focus and I didn’t really grasp what the show would be about besides a tv show.

But holy crap, am I glad I started this. I very rarely binge shows but I just could not stop watching this one. I just finished and I am blown away. This is one of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time. This should’ve blown up and got people talking like how Netflix shows do on social media, but unfortunately there’s not enough people using TV+ for it to blow up.

This show deserves so much. Could you imagine if this was on Netflix? It would be at least is big as House of Cards in popularity. It would be the talk of the web for at least a couple weeks. I’m just blown away - both by how good the show is and the fact that I haven’t heard more people talking about it.

Reactions: I7guy

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
Binged this over the weekend with my wife. Thought the quality/direction/tone of the show dropped with the wildfires episode where I thought it went more generic soap opera, but on the whole, I really enjoyed it and look forward to season 2.

Reactions: Michael Scrip

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
As a former newspaper columnist, the rampant cursing was one of the most believable parts of the show.
I wil take your word for that. It just goes to show how small a vocabulary a lot of people in print have, which I find rather ironic. I am probably one of the exceptions but, after a very short while, the cursing gets annoying to me and I end up losing interest in what I am watching.

• Haha
Reactions: appleguy123

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
I wil take your word for that. It just goes to show how small a vocabulary a lot of people in print have, which I find rather ironic. I am probably one of the exceptions but, after a very short while, the cursing gets annoying to me and I end up losing interest in what I am watching.
Agreed. I don't love rampant cursing in shows (that was one of my big complaints when Netflix produced season 3 of Designated Survivor - all the characters suddenly started swearing like mad). But using the F-word as a noun, verb, adjective, adverb and every other part of speech in a newsroom is - or at least was, when I was in the biz - pretty standard fare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.