Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xantufrog

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2023
Like when Linux users wander outside of official repositories and start adding repos to install third-party apps. Things can get messy when doing that.
I totally agree. Of course - in my field you can’t get most of the packages you’d want from the Apple Store (lol, that would be the day) or the Ubuntu store. Command line it is, quite often

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2023
The software and device itself are good. But for users like me who need raw power its not a good pick

bryo

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2021
Wow, ordered one.
Yes the N200 is not exactly a screamer but it is the latest intel has and beats all the 10th gen dervied stuff on the market now, but being x86 and a completely OPEN device with 2 usb c 3.2, headphone jack, micro hdmi, and micro sd is some SWEET connectivity. The price isn't bad either when you consider a surface go 3 refresh is probably going to be using the same chip at a similar price while offering less ram and a fraction of the storage, and probably a smaller lower res screen. These are decent specs for the price and feature set, way better specced than the juno tab 2 as well.

I'll try to remember to post some impressions in the off topic section when it arrives for those of you interested.
I'm expecting the usual linux jank, but I know my way around ubuntu well enough. I think no matter how much you look at the spec sheet, it wont tell you if those speakers are any good, or if the build quality is decent or not.

Last edited:

s1oplus

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2023
Wow, ordered one.
Yes the N200 is not exactly a screamer but it is the latest intel has and beats all the 10th gen dervied stuff on the market now, but being x86 and a completely OPEN device with 2 usb c 3.2, headphone jack, micro hdmi, and micro sd is some SWEET connectivity. The price isn't bad either when you consider a surface go 3 refresh is probably going to be using the same chip at a similar price while offering less ram and a fraction of the storage, and probably a smaller lower res screen. These are decent specs for the price and feature set, way better specced than the juno tab 2 as well.

I'll try to remember to post some impressions in the off topic section when it arrives for those of you interested.
I'm expecting the usual linux jank, but I know my way around ubuntu well enough. I think no matter how much you look at the spec sheet, it wont tell you if those speakers are any good, or if the build quality is decent or not.
Cool. Works for most people except people who need raw power. Then just get an m1 air or m2 pro

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.