Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
To those in the US, if you join Target Circle, which is entirely free, you can extend Apple TV+ for another 4 months. You must first cancel Apple TV+ first, which for most of us, would expire tomorrow anyway.

You can also get Apple Arcade, Apple Music, and iCloud 50GB for 4 months, but if you had already participated in Apple Music free trial, the trial period will be limited to 1 month.

Unlike 1-year free trial, you can cancel the 4-month trial immediately after signing up and keep the trial until the very last day.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Managed to get a new ATV 4K here just in time yesterday (didn’t get delivered till 9pm last night) and sign up for another free year ATV+. (Different user account) Cancelled my regular renewal just after, so that was worth $97 for a 2nd ATV 4K for travel.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
My subscription expires July 23 and I have a calendar alert to remind me to cancel in advance. Watched a few shows last year but just lost interest.

Same. I'll probably subscribe again in the future to watch season 2 of Ted Lasso.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Mine is up on 7/30. I have a reminder on my calendar to cancel before the 30th. I haven’t watched one show yet. We watch other streaming subscriptions on our ATV. I don’t even know what shows they have.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Cancelled a few weeks beforehand just to make sure.

I enjoyed FAMK, but I can just sub and binge that when another season rolls out.

Nothing - and I do mean nothing - about AppleTV+ screams "must keep an ongoing sub" for me.

Reactions: jbachandouris

Lee_Bo

Cancelled
Mar 26, 2017
I’m keeping it. I’m on the Apple One family plan and share it with my wife.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
My free year ends next week. Thinking about letting it lapse and waiting a month or two to re-subscribe. That’ll build a backlog of the current shows and some of the new ones coming up.

I didn’t think I’d like the service, but there are a lot of really good shows that hooked me.

I watched Mythic Quest S1 thinking it’d be the dumbest show, and what do you know, it’s pretty good.

Ted Lasso was based on some dumb commercial or skit and had no business being a good show.

The Morning Show and For All Mankind have been excellent. I just watched Tehran had to binge after the first episode.

Lastly, Physical has been super entertaining. Aside from Greta and the Surfer dude, everyone is so unlikeable, but you can’t not watch them.

Reactions: whsbuss

One2Grift

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2021
The reminder popped up yesterday. I cancelled it. I have iCloud 1$ per month and one year prepaid AM averaging 8.25$ per month. Debated going the extra $4 for AppleOne to keep ATV+ but decided to pass for now. When this starts next year I'll go with AppleOne. (add in a Kindle Unlimited style AppleBooks Unlimited to AppleOne and I'm on AppleOne tomorrow).

1625878163215.png

Last edited:
Reactions: whsbuss

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
My free year ends next week. Thinking about letting it lapse and waiting a month or two to re-subscribe. That’ll build a backlog of the current shows and some of the new ones coming up.

I didn’t think I’d like the service, but there are a lot of really good shows that hooked me.

I watched Mythic Quest S1 thinking it’d be the dumbest show, and what do you know, it’s pretty good.

Ted Lasso was based on some dumb commercial or skit and had no business being a good show.

The Morning Show and For All Mankind have been excellent. I just watched Tehran had to binge after the first episode.

Lastly, Physical has been super entertaining. Aside from Greta and the Surfer dude, everyone is so unlikeable, but you can’t not watch them.
Agree on For All Mankind but that is over. Tehran was good but I see nothing saying it will renew season 2. As others mentioned AppleOne is a good way to save a few bucks but I don't need Arcade so its a waste.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
I'm keeping it. There's stuff I like on it and $5/month means absolutely nothing to me and its absence won't be noticed.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
For those who are not renewing - first I think you have to cancel - it won't just go away. Also, the notice I got from Apple said you have to cancel the day before at least.
I'm not an Apple employee but just my understanding on how it is working/cancelled

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
For those who are not renewing - first I think you have to cancel - it won't just go away. Also, the notice I got from Apple said you have to cancel the day before at least.
I'm not an Apple employee but just my understanding on how it is working/cancelled

I set a reminder on my calendar to cancel the day before I’ll be charged. I do that for every subscription so I don’t run the risk of being charged.

• Love

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
My subscription is up on the 18th and I'm thinking I'll drop it. Probably at least until fall. Then we'll see. Enjoyed Ted Lasso and Tehran, as well as the Greyhound movie, but none of the other content really caught or held my attention.

Perhaps once TedLasso S2 is out and if Foundation turns out to be good I'll resubscribe for a month or two, or use the Target Circle trial.

I looked at the AppleOne combo but I'm not interested in Apple Music or Arcade, so it doesn't gain me anything.

Reactions: ftaok

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Had a little over a week left but just cancelled now since it was on my mind. Could not figure out how to do this without a Google search. Man, I just hate doing anything related to my Apple ID. Went to tv.apple.com as per that support document and it wouldn't recognize my password. Even copied/pasted it from my password database so I'm sure I was entering it properly. Somehow I got to a different password screen after a few tries and that worked.

Then it wanted me to enter a verification code, which confused me because it was sent directly to the browser instead of texted to my phone as usual. And finally there was the annoying alert that "somebody signed in with my Apple ID". Anyway, it's cancelled now but that was a lot harder than it should have been!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Had a little over a week left but just cancelled now since it was on my mind. Could not figure out how to do this without a Google search. Man, I just hate doing anything related to my Apple ID. Went to tv.apple.com as per that support document and it wouldn't recognize my password. Even copied/pasted it from my password database so I'm sure I was entering it properly. Somehow I got to a different password screen after a few tries and that worked.

Then it wanted me to enter a verification code, which confused me because it was sent directly to the browser instead of texted to my phone as usual. And finally there was the annoying alert that "somebody signed in with my Apple ID". Anyway, it's cancelled now but that was a lot harder than it should have been!
I'm confused; am I missing something? Why not just cancel via Account > Subscriptions (or Apple > Media & Purchases > Subscriptions on a Mac)? That's what I did on my iPad. I'll resub on 7/23 when Ted Lasso season 2 starts.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.