Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexhardaker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
My free trial would have expired on Oct 2 but I've decided to cancel two months early because there is literally nothing on there that I would like or enjoy watching. The only reason why I subscribed to the free trial to begin with was Ewan McGregor's and Charley Boorman's Long Way Up, which ended up being somewhat disappointing (not Apple's fault obviously). I tried to browse the AppleTV+ catalog afterwards to find other stuff worth watching but it was too confusing as there was no clear distinction between a show or movie that is included in AppleTV+ and one that I have to purchase and pay for separately.

Not sure if that changed since as I gave up two weeks into my trial and almost exactly 30 minutes after I finished watching Long Way Up and never turned back. Not worth my time and money.
There’s a separate tab for Apple TV+ content. You can also use the channels section or find the tab in the search area.

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
After my long Apple TV+ trial ended, I paid the $50 for a full year, and only a month later found out T-Mobile is offering a free year to customers on one of their newer plans. I switched from my old ONE plan to a newer Magenta 55+ plan, which will save me $60 a year, and then the next day got another year of Apple TV+ for free. So, I'm paid up for nearly two years. For me, the price of Apple TV+ is worth it for Ted Lasso alone, but there are other shows my girlfriend and I like a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: whsbuss
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.