Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haganah

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2003
edesignuk said:
Meaning no one is about to help you pirate Tiger, as it would seem you are asking.

Leave it.

Meaning you ASSumed something and accuse me of something but that I should leave it?

I don't have internet at home so I don't download these large files. I have internet at work and when I go to coffee shops. Given that our PCs at work are locked so that you can't download file sharing programs I obviously can't download at work. And I would rather pay a heck of a lot of money than to have to sit in a coffee shop day in and day out until a big ass file is downloaded.

If you think I'm asking for help to pirate something, well go ahead think it. But it's a silly thought and you shouldn't just lop accusations like that around.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
haganah said:
Meaning you ASSumed something and accuse me of something but that I should leave it?

I don't have internet at home so I don't download these large files. I have internet at work and when I go to coffee shops. Given that our PCs at work are locked so that you can't download file sharing programs I obviously can't download at work. And I would rather pay a heck of a lot of money than to have to sit in a coffee shop day in and day out until a big ass file is downloaded.

If you think I'm asking for help to pirate something, well go ahead think it. But it's a silly thought and you shouldn't just lop accusations like that around.
That's why I said "seem". I did not accuse you of anything.

But seeing as it seems it was just a misunderstanding anyway, there is no problem :)

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
haganah said:
Ok buddy, you used the phrase "if you downloaded it" in both the subject and the first sentence of your post.

Apple does not sell full OS software as downloads. Silly me, making accusations so recklessly.

haganah

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2003
Rod Rod said:
Ok buddy, you used the phrase "if you downloaded it" in both the subject and the first sentence of your post.

Apple does not sell full OS software as downloads. Silly me, making accusations so recklessly.

OK stud, if you downloaded it uses the word "you". This is a thread about the GM being leaked. Hence it refers to folks that download it. Did it say "I" download it? No.

Yes, silly you.

haganah

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2003
edesignuk said:
That's why I said "seem". I did not accuse you of anything.

But seeing as it seems it was just a misunderstanding anyway, there is no problem :)

No problem at all. :)

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
haganah said:
OK stud, if you downloaded it uses the word "you". This is a thread about the GM being leaked. Hence it refers to folks that download it. Did it say "I" download it? No.

Yes, silly you.
Parse words all you like. The meaning doesn't change. You're apparently concerned for the problems faced by people who download it, whether it's you or someone you know.

Have fun at the coffee shop or local library.

haganah

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2003
Rod Rod said:
Parse words all you like. The meaning doesn't change. You're apparently concerned for the problems faced by people who download it, whether it's you or someone you know.

Have fun at the coffee shop or local library.

Perhaps you forgot that this thread was about the GM being leaked. Perhaps I had to parse the sentence in order to help you understand English (perhaps you grew up on the South Side and the schooling taught neither manners nor reading comprehension).

I asked a question. You accused with no backing.

Have fun "making accusations recklessly".

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
haganah said:
Perhaps you forgot that this thread was about the GM being leaked. Perhaps I had to parse the sentence in order to help you understand English (perhaps you grew up on the South Side and the schooling taught neither manners nor reading comprehension).

I asked a question. You accused with no backing.

Have fun "making accusations recklessly".
You gave all the backing needed. :)

Anyway, nice try with the ad hominem attack. Better luck next time.

haganah

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2003
Rod Rod said:
You gave all the backing needed. :)

Anyway, nice try with the ad hominem attack. Better luck next time.

Right. Have fun, as you said, "making accusations recklessly".

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
haganah said:
Right. Have fun, as you said, "making accusations recklessly".
Speaking of reading comprehension, when I used that phrase it was in reference to your obtuse phrase, "you shouldn't just lop accusations like that around." Now you've quoted my reference to your phrase twice, which shows how eminently qualified you are at judging others' reading comprehension and manners. :)

haganah

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2003
Rod Rod said:
Speaking of reading comprehension, when I used that phrase it was in reference to your obtuse phrase, "you shouldn't just lop accusations like that around." Now you've quoted my reference to your phrase twice, which shows how eminently qualified you are at judging others' reading comprehension and manners. :)

Right. Have fun, as you said, "making accusations recklessly". :)

crachoar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
Ohio
If you download Tiger - Steve Jobs will have to settle for the DVD player without the remote - in his private jet... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.