Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
Hi,

Installed Yosemite without issue and I'm on WiFi just fine. But I can't see my Time Capsule volume anywhere. AirPort Utility shows I'm connected to the Internet, but says "No configured AirPort base stations have been found".

Time Machine has not yet given me any error about not being able to backup, though.

EDIT: The TC shows up on the Airport app for iPhone. Restarting the TC doesn't resolve it.

Last edited:

okboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I'm trying this

Code:
mount_afp -i afp://10.0.1.1 /Volumes/TimeCap

but I get

Code:
mount_afp: AFPMountURL returned error 22, errno is 3

Which according to this means "package 5", or Transcendental Functions Package, is missing.

okboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
Tried replacing /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/ with a Maverick's backup but no joy after restarting.

EDIT: also tried replacing /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.afpfs* with old copies, but no joy.

Tried going to Connect to Server... in Finder and crashed the OS (black screen with white warning).

Last edited:

Mr.BigMac

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2014
Time Capsule not found in Yosemite

well I’m in the same boat; new TimeCapsule AC after Yosemite fresh installation I’m online, but TimeCapsule isn’t working and AirPort utility says no configured AirPort base stations have been found, while obviously everything is working fine with a Mac running Mav and from iPad, iPhone etc.

Rather annoying especially because of course it doesn’t back up and it doesn’t shows as the attached HD hub.

Any other with same problem? any clue for a workaround? tried "home-brew" solutions not fixing the problem.

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
Same Problem with not seeing shared devices

Since upgrading from Public Beta #1 to v.10.10, I too no longer see any shared devices on Finder. This includes my Mac Mini and Time Capsule on the same wifi network (5GHz from Time Capsule). Now strangely my Mac Mini can both see and connect to the MBP with Yosemite on it (and of course the Time Capsule, since the Mini is still running Mavericks). I have reported this on Feedback Assistant to Apple. This all worked fine on the original public beta so there has been a backward step here.

cgmpowers

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2002
Time Machine problems under OS X Yosemite

The problem I'm having is a weird one... First off, I am on the 3rd public beta... I don't recall this issue on the previous public betas.

All of a sudden my Time Machine backup is saying its full, but its clearly NOT. I have a 700 GB Macbook Pro and a 3 TB Airport Time Capsule. I have it set to delete old backups and so forth.... It says it doesn't have enough room to continue to back up BUT it does, I have only 350 GB backup on the Airport Time Capsule. I have over 2.5 TB's free on the thing, so there's NO WAY it can be out of hard drive space.

Just not sure why all of a sudden I'm getting this warning nor how to fix it.

bryanbigshow

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
same issue as cgmpowers

Same issue here. Time machine is now failing, stating there is not enough room when there is plenty and nothing has changed on my system. (Other then Yosemite :D)

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I have the feeling it has something to do with the new protocols.
I haven´t even tried any betas, but when Mavericks came out, Apple had the brilliant idea to switch to SMB2 as the default sharing protocol. The only problem is that Time Machine works over AFP. So in order to force Time machine to find time capsules or shared drives you had to disable SMB sharing and force AFP, create the backup, then enable SMB again.

Complete and utter rubbish.

I'm sure they eventually fixed it, but the QA team at Apple is doing a very poor job as of late.

bryanbigshow

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
Time machine failing

My issue seems to happen mostly when I have ethernet plugged in along with wifi turned on as well.

Eternalspring

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
After install of Yosemite Time Capsule not connecting

I have the same issue. TimeCapsule is not connecting. In finder it says connection failed. Rebooting, disconnecting and connecting nothing works. The internet as mentioned before works just fine, just the Time Capsule is not working and I can not access the external storage connected to my Time Capsule... I guess we have to wait for apple to fix it? Any idea for a work around?

stephenblack

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Just installed Yosemite today and I'm having the same problem. No time capsule despite green light showing and internet connection working via ethernet cable through time capsule.

I usually wait a few weeks before updates but this time I thought I'd take a chance.:(

BRJac

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
I have the same problem as stephenblack and others. I've been running the beta on a MacBook Air and can't say for sure if I've had this issue before. But I installed Yosemite on my iMac today and noticed this very problem.

Also, incidentally, Yosemite crashed on me (for the very 1st time) while I registered to this forum. But that's really off-topic. :)

kd5jos

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Denver, CO
My Mac Mini is connected to my Time Capsule via ethernet. I have connectivity from the Mac Mini out. I also have connectivity in (I run the Mac Mini headless as a server). I can run the Airport utility from the MacMini and see my time capsule. I can change the settings. I can even see the... wtfrak??? Now the device is not found. I can not get my Remote app on my iPhone to work, and sharing iTunes doesn't work.... OS X Server (v 3) CAN manage it though.

Jensend

macrumors 65816
Dec 19, 2008
I was having this problem, then went to turn off wifi on my MacBook, and noticed it was using the guest network instead of my usual password protected network.

mortenjensen

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
Oups, the same here.

What a bug from apple - it is getting frustrating to say the least with all these bugs in non-beta software!!

Is there nothing to do than wait?

Morten

Conch1

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
I recently bought the latest Time Capsule, and didn't initially set it up to back up my data. Today, I tried setting it up and came across multiple problems. First, if it found my time capsule I would enter my password, and it intermittently would accept my password. Once I did that, it would not allow me to access the Time Capsule. I tried going through the Time Machine app as well, and it would disconnect from the Time Capsule, and I am unable to access or backup my Time Capsule. It sounds like we will have to wait. Is there any way to letting Apple know that this is an issue?

JPMasters

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
I am having the same issues, upgrading MacBook Pro and MacBook Airs and none of the computers can see the Timecapule device, but we are connected to the internet.

Tried to call AppleCare, but as it is Sunday they are closed. You would have thought with a major OS release they may have opened the centre today.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Same here, airport utility won't see my current gen airport router/time capsule. Time machine works fine, but I'm using iScheduletimemachine.

corinburr

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
Time Capsule not found in Yosemite - One Solution Found

I finally found the cause of this issue on my machine - my McAfee firewall has been blocking the communication between the TC and the Airport Utility. I disabled the firewall and the utility immediately found my devices.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Add me to the list. :rolleyes:

My MBP is connected to a Thunderbolt Display, which is connected to home network by ethernet.

It's not 'present' in Airport Utility and Time Machine Preferences can't find it.

The networking and wifi part of the TC is working, because I'm typing this on my MBP/TB display and all our wireless devices connect to the internet through the TC just fine.

[Edit] - Just to add, my TC is a new style (AC) model and has been working A OK until the move (I'm reluctant to use the word upgrade because of this) to Yosemite.

----------

Just to add, the TC is visible when using the Airport Utility from my iPhone 6.

[Edit 2] - I used the iPhone app to restart the TC and it's now present in the Airport app on my MBP and present again in Time Machine Preferences.

I've just done a "Backup Now", so let's see what happens.

I'll keep you all posted...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.