Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bruce59

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2011
I do not know if this is the or any solution, or if the problem I had is generally the same as that discussed here. I run OS 10.10.5, I bought a new 2Tb time capsule, it did not show up on Finder though it otherwise functioned exactly as it should. I wanted to download the contents of my previous time capsule onto the new one and had nowhere to do that. I read through all the above and attempted some of it with out success. Yesterday, perplexed and disconsolate and four days into the problem, I toyed with the Finder Preferences and clicked on Bonjour Computers (whatever they are) in the sidebar frame. Instantly, Time Machine appeared in the finder sidebar under Shared.

ARuz888

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2017
Time Capsule not found in Yosemite - One Solution Found

I finally found the cause of this issue on my machine - my McAfee firewall has been blocking the communication between the TC and the Airport Utility. I disabled the firewall and the utility immediately found my devices.

I had the same problem. After doing a "Reset" on my McAfee firewall, things started working again. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.