Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
If the width stays the same, i wouldn't mind a size increase. But it is not a reason to upgrade.

If the width increases, it would be a reason to hold on to it and not upgrade. Might as well switch to the Max, since it is going to be uncomfortable to hold one handed.

Reactions: Patcell

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I am not a yearly upgrader, so am planning to keep my iPhone 15 for 2-3 years, so next planned upgrade will be iPhone 17 or 18. Unless Apple come up with a foldable iPhone sooner, in which case I will be tempted.

Reactions: msackey

Prospect0r

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2023
No I wouldn’t upgrade. I bought a Pro because I don’t want a Pro Max. So larger phone wouldn’t appeal. And I keep my phone for several years 6s->11pro . Only upgraded from the 11 because it got crushed 😢

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
There are only so many ways you can redesign a rounded rectangle, and I have my iPad for my "bigger phone" needs

Reactions: KeithBN

EmanuelF

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2013
I feel if they would also add a 5.8" "mini" (not 5.4 like 12/13 mini) in their pro line-up and increase the size of the rest would make everyone happy

• Love
Reactions: sleeptodream

wib

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2013
I've just upgraded to the 15 Pro Max from the 7+. I find the sizes to be comparable and it's comfortable for me. Somehow they've managed to do something with the way it's balanced that it doesn't feel heavy at all.

Weirdly, after having kept my old phone for 7 years, I'm already thinking about upgrading every year or every other year... I think it's because I'll actually be able to get a decent trade-in deal from now on (I hope).

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
I haven’t had a Plus/Max sized iPhone since the 7 Plus, until now with my 15 Pro Max, and maybe due to the weight decrease and rounded edges, slightly smaller form factor, but the phone doesn’t feel big at all. I may upgrade if there is a major redesign, and larger display, but I’ll hold off. I imagine they stick with Dynamic Island another year but who knows.

leifp

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2008
Canada
Massive camera improvement or some “magical” new ability only… I do not expect to upgrade for about five years. Assuming performance doesn’t choke in that time…

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
I will most likely not upgrade from my 15 Pro. The biggest problem I had was my 14 Pro was storage limited with 128 GB. I jumped to 512 GB in the 15 Pro so I have plenty or storage.

I also find the 15 Pro the best size for me to do 85-90% of what I want to do with one hand. Any bigger and I take a pass unless there is miracle to my hands longer and larger

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
with all the reported issues that the iPhone 15 has had so far, I bailed on purchasing one this year. If the iPhone 16 ends up ‘just’ being a 15s with all the most glaring problems fixed.... I’ll get it, new design or not.

There are 0 widespread issues with iPhone 15 Pro, just a few occasional ones that unlucky people have with every new hardware.

iPhone 15 Pro will probably be remembered as one of the best iPhones, alongside 4 and X.

Just saying.

Boy261

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2021
It probably just will grow to 14 pro max type of size, some people didn't like it but others are fine with it. I found it fine, bit big but i could bare with it.

Im planing on getting the 15 pro max and it was a surprise to see 15 pro max is almost same height as my XS max size which is good as I would have pretty much the same size but with a 6,7 inch screen instead of 6,5.

Though my next iphone will maybe even have a bigger screen. Cause i will be doing a 4 year cycle with it, probably a foldable will be my new device 😏.

Rooster 🐓

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2021
If it’s bigger, will keep my 256gb iPhone XS and get another battery replacement for £69 (be my second). Unless of course as is likely it’s dropped from supporting ios18 and there are killer new features, or it fails, in which case I’ll get a 15 pro, or even a 13 mini 😊

Reactions: ipaqrat

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
The way Apple presented the 15 and 15 Pro, and considering the designs of 12-13-14, Pro and mid-tier, I am very confident Apple views the 15s design as what we're getting for 16 and 17 too.

Sure, they might go smaller on the bezels and the Dynamic Island.

That's not to say that Apple wouldn't make them all slightly bigger, or introduce an Ultra that sits a tier above the Pro Max on all specs.

But I don't think Apple will change the design from the 15s much over the two upcoming generations.

The only two meaningful changes I see happening are when the Pros get under display Face ID and when Apple introduces its first foldable.

Reactions: 3Rock

rungxanh2901

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2017
Toronto, Canada
No I got what I wanted which is: USB C port, Dynamic Island, and neck-and-neck camera updates compared to the Pros (of course except for LOG/ProRes video recording).

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
After just a year or you can just wait? Cuz I read in reddit, some would rather have a new design on its first year, while it is fresh.

Bout you guys?
Of course I am upgrading next year 😊 Annual iPhone upgrade is one of my annual traditions. Each annual improvement on an iPhone makes an updated iPhone a step ahead of previous version. 😊

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Nope. We generally keep phones in use for 4-5 years in this house. I expect we will be ready to upgrade to 17 series and pass down the 15 series to the kids when the 13 series is ready for an update.

A1423

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2023
I’m probably going to upgrade next year. I got the plan to do just that.

M2MaxMan

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2023
No because I just don’t flip a phone because of “design” and besides just downright upgrading from an Xs Max last month which did a very decent job shows that the software is capable of iOS 17, but its time is running out for next year. I’ll probably do the same for this 15 Pro Max until the software reaches its end of the future updates.

xDeadTechx

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2020
Nope, my biggest issue with the 14 Pro Max was the fact that it still had lighting. I'm good for perhaps 3 or 4 years before I upgrade.. perhaps that time a iPhone foldable (OnePlus Open like) will be available. I hope that we do get a springboard update where I can put the darn app icons wherever I want will come down the road (but I say that every year..)

TheGeneralist

macrumors regular
May 1, 2020
No, I won't.

Not because I'm not tempted - just because I think that the days of having a new smartphone every 1-2 years are finally over and humanity just cannot afford clinging to such a level of decadence while trying to survive on this planet.

Just coming from an 11 Pro, switched to 15 Pro Max - the 11 Pro received a new battery in August and will continue to serve my son, until it either goes dead or stops receiving security updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.