Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I think the iPhone XX is going to be milestone phone. I didn’t think I would hold onto the max for 5 years, but it was such a great phone I didn’t want to go through an upgrade hassle.

But it could be I upgrade my 15 to the 16, give my 15 to my a/o and sell the 14.

Anything is possible.

Reactions: Makayla

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Love the size of my 15 Pro but would be ok with it being a little bigger next year.

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
why would I get a new phone after one year?
I do it because I like new toys. I have the Jump benefit from T-Mobile that lets me trade my phone in and upgrade after one year, when it’s 50% paid off. That’s why I pay for tmobiles insurance, it includes Jump. It cost me $90 up front to upgrade from my 14PM.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
GifVid-animated.gif

Reactions: bevsb2

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
I have a 15 Plus. I don’t want a phone any larger than that. I will, however, consider an update if the reported 3nm A18 chip in the 16 and 16 Plus really do come with big leaps in speed and battery life - unlike the A17 chip in the 15 Pros. If not, I’m prepared to stick with what I’ve got indefinitely.

JUMA55

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
Coming from a 10 XS to a 15 Pro Max, I will not be updating to a 16. However, I would like to see Apple do a phone like my SE2 but with the 15 Pro Max capabilities. Just make it thicker to get there.

makeitrainnaren

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2020
This was my first year with a max phone and reaching the Notification Center and control center always feels precarious. I can reach most of the phone one handed but I feel the island is useless when it’s so high up. With a 6.3 next year I’m going back to the a non max size and the extra height there should make the Dynamic Island cut less content downwards.

ipaqrat

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2017
I really need a phone to work one handed. Sometimes ya just gots ya post on MR forums while on horseback, or mowing, or wrenching, or running a chainsaw in an ice storm. With a secure grip, controls should be within a thumb’s reach. Those days were over with the 6S, but still tolerable with the X, which I still use as my personal daily. Plus, since the 4S, my phones go from the Apple box to a bulkier case+screen cover (even before setup). In fact, a good case and belt holster used to be a reason I didn’t pre-order.

I was tempted by the 15 Pro, and might still invest. I’m glad to wait for the hype and doom cycles to calm down to reality. I could wait to see how the 16 feels in-hand. I’m really looking forward to features powered by the neural engine chips.

Reactions: Rooster 🐓

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
They need to get smaller not bigger
Definitely this. The Mini was hands down my favorite of the past few years. I don’t think they’d need to go THAT small again, but if they could at least go somewhere between that and the ”regular” size, I’d be happy. I have small hands. I hate, hate, HATE, H-A-T-E (did I mention hate 😂) this whole ”your options are big or bigger/biggest” thing.

Reactions: imdog

hch720

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2022
This 15 PM is amazing but I want that bigger battery with the 16 Ultra

christlinah

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2022
Austria
For me it doesn't really matter what's going to be new, I'll upgrade anyway since I love having the newest features. New design is an added bonus. :D

hirshnoc

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
The human race needs to evolve longer fingers to be able to handle these enormous phablet sizes. It’s hard to imagine bigger than the Pro Max right now even though Android phones have done it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.