Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallifani

Suspended
Feb 7, 2024
To me this data is worthless because Im still virgin at age 38, probably will be virgin for the rest of my life. Never been in a relationship. One of the downsides of being an ugly guy that nobody wants, not even good enough for a pity sex. Also have zero friends to top of it, being very anti-social and introvert is not helping. Sometimes I have a desperate feeling inside of me, that would love to have someone next to me, someone I could hug, even for a few hours would make a huge difference in life and just give energy to keep on living.

Reactions: MarkX

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2023
To me this data is worthless because Im still virgin at age 38, probably will be virgin for the rest of my life. Never been in a relationship. One of the downsides of being an ugly guy that nobody wants, not even good enough for a pity sex. Also have zero friends to top of it, being very anti-social and introvert is not helping. Sometimes I have a desperate feeling inside of me, that would love to have someone next to me, someone I could hug, even for a few hours would make a huge difference in life and just give energy to keep on living.

Unless you live in a country with strict prohibition on Sex Work ... it could be an avenue to explore.

A first step would be to demystify the act in itself to avoid seeing it as an end-all-be-all which in-suit will most surely help with intimacy issues.

Loneliness is not a fatality, one just needs to work on expectations and communication and the ensuing objectification of the opposing (or same for the matter) sex.

Last edited:

Metallifani

Suspended
Feb 7, 2024
Unless you live in a country with strict prohibition on Sex Work ... it could be an avenue to explore.
Well I have thought about this, I even know a website for it. But knowing that something that is free for good looking guys is not free for ugly guys, turns me off big time. And paying to get sex as an ugly guy would destroy my self-esteem, whats left of it. So I will rather go my life without sex than pay for it.

zenodux

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2020
The very fact that such information - relating to such a personal and private matter - can be input by the user is what troubles me.

This strikes me as the sort of thing that can be abused (potentially, or actually) by controlling partners, or intrusive authorities.

No, thank you.
Abuse is unlikely. Health data is end-to-end encrypted in iCloud (has been from day one). Apple devices also secure this stuff pretty well. The potential weak link is the user themselves. Weak/reused passwords, sharing passwords, setting auto-lock to never, not disabling FaceID/TouchID if arrested, not installing software updates in a timely manner, etc.
https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/disable-touch-id-face-id-ios-11/ https://support.apple.com/en-us/102651 https://help.apple.com/pdf/security/en_US/apple-platform-security-guide.pdf

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
Ok. A part of me hopes you’re joking here.

If not: I have seen plenty of “ugly guys” getting laid. So looks is not the root cause here.

Being introvert and antisocial and probably low self esteem will prevent you from both getting sex and hugs. But that is something good therapy can help with. And as suggested: The physical thing can be bought. Even just the hugs.

Best wishes

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2023
Well I have thought about this, I even know a website for it. But knowing that something that is free for good looking guys is not free for ugly guys, turns me off big time. And paying to get sex as an ugly guy would destroy my self-esteem, whats left of it. So I will rather go my life without sex than pay for it.

That is an extreme reduction of what is most likely the underlying force behind Human behaviour. Again, you seem to have fetishised the whole endeavor as something out of reach.

At risk of using a crude parallel, I'd be scared of driving without getting lessons or guidance first. Some of us may have had the chance of having family or friends offer up those opportunities, other have to pay for lessons, such is life.

Abstention would be practicable if you were at peace with the situation, which you seem not to be. As such, there is no shame with giving the experience a try.

To note, prostitution of all sorts is normal behaviour across multiple animal species, so is the percieved unfairness of different natural conditions (here, sexual appeal).

Reactions: Catasstrophy

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
Well .. as the topic asks .. Apple Watch tracking sexual activity??

Did not know that was even there, was looking at the health app and it’s kinda way buried .

So, you wear the watch 24/7 and it’ll then let you know your frequency, etc, doing “it”?
Ha, how does it know the various types of “it”?
Curious that algorithm, and the testing done to validate it!!

33e8caa77dad274fdcb96ef3e0147761.jpg
I usually take my watch off for that - my SO doesn't like it in bed. But if you are by yourself and wear your watch on your working hand, I'm sure there's some calories to log there 🤣

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
It's usually not the looks and you're not too late. I know a lot of good looking guys who are not successfull, and a few buttugly ones who seem like they just need to snap with their fingers. Get out there, maybe use online dating and you'll eventually find someone. You got nothing to lose but a lot to win. Good luck!

ninecows

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2012
That is an extreme reduction of what is most likely the underlying force behind Human behaviour. Again, you seem to have fetishised the whole endeavor as something out of reach.

At risk of using a crude parallel, I'd be scared of driving without getting lessons or guidance first. Some of us may have had the chance of having family or friends offer up those opportunities, other have to pay for lessons, such is life.

Abstention would be practicable if you were at peace with the situation, which you seem not to be. As such, there is no shame with giving the experience a try.

To note, prostitution of all sorts is normal behaviour across multiple animal species, so is the percieved unfairness of different natural conditions (here, sexual appeal).
Now we’re at it. It’s sort of true. Very long ago before tinder and all that while I was just a student I apparently had very little appeal to the opposite sex. Once I got my first job with a good solid income the same dating profile text just with “student” replaced with “employed as engineer” gave more hits than I could handle.

I don’t blame them. It just proves that your appeal is correlated to your ability to provide food on the table and we shouldn’t pretend it isn’t.

I could name at least one famous guy that has scored waaay above what his looks and attitude can justify. But he’s rich. 😂

But this rant is getting way off topic. Sorry

Reactions: Catasstrophy

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2023
Now we’re at it. It’s sort of true. Very long ago before tinder and all that while I was just a student I apparently had very little appeal to the opposite sex. Once I got my first job with a good solid income the same dating profile text just with “student” replaced with “employed as engineer” gave more hits than I could handle.

I don’t blame them. It just proves that your appeal is correlated to your ability to provide food on the table and we shouldn’t pretend it isn’t.

I could name at least one famous guy that has scored waaay above what his looks and attitude can justify. But he’s rich. 😂

But this rant is getting way off topic. Sorry

Completely true. Although this limits to Long-term pairing, which with the poster's age is what should be aimed for.

The casual/teenage dating scene is much more centered on looks as means of ego-gratification / social status building for both sexes.

This might be one of the confusion driving the poster's despair.

Reactions: ninecows

Metallifani

Suspended
Feb 7, 2024
It's usually not the looks and you're not too late. I know a lot of good looking guys who are not successfull, and a few buttugly ones who seem like they just need to snap with their fingers. Get out there, maybe use online dating and you'll eventually find someone. You got nothing to lose but a lot to win. Good luck!

I had a profile on tinder and badoo for like 2 years. In total I got 0 likes, so theres that. And Im too shy and anti-social to ask a girl on a date in real life.

And if I manage to get a date and we see each other live. My head is empty, I have no idea what to say to them and that will lead to awkward silent moments. And there wont be a second date.

AgeOfSpiracles

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2020
Do you think Apple is really interested in this? They could probably tell if I pick my nose, too, by looking at vertical angulation and twisting motions. But do you think they are?

And if they are, so what? Everyone has sex.
Everyone? I don't think so, but that would solve a lot of problems.

Flowstates

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2023
I had a profile on tinder and badoo for like 2 years. In total I got 0 likes, so theres that. And Im too shy and anti-social to ask a girl on a date in real life.

Don't let your lack of success in the most superficial and biased environment bring you down. Try and find activities you truly enjoy and join groups partaking in it ... things won't happen in the void.

I am a fairly good looking guy, last year has been hell at work and my not partaking in social life has hurt my bed creaking, simple as. Social medium and dating apps should be a non starter as they are not a meaningful substitute to the game of attraction (be it friendship or relationship).

All in all, seek professional help if you truly feel desperate ... therapy can work wonders and will most likely help with the most superficial intimacy issues.

The internet is not your therapist please be fair with others.

Roy

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2006
When I first saw the “Sexual Activity” in my iOS Heath App, I was excited and I wanted to see the recorded data. I was disappointed 😔 to see there was no data 📈 recorded. I knew this couldn’t be true, but then my girlfriend and I tried manually inserting the data 📊, but it’s a very rudimentary app, so adding data doesn’t do much good. I guess if one has many “friends with benefits”, then adding the data might be good at tracking who’s next.

• Haha
Reactions: G5isAlive

Roy

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2006
If I see that registering any sexual activity, I will be phoning the police to investigate who did it.
Pretty sure your girlfriend/wife does mentally record her sexual activity with you. Maybe 🤔 you should ask her if you need to “step up your game?” 😉

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I usually take my watch off for that - my SO doesn't like it in bed. But if you are by yourself and wear your watch on your working hand, I'm sure there's some calories to log there 🤣

more than once I have wished along with the other icon replies (thumbs up etc) there was a face palm icon we could leave behind. Do you tell your SO you are exercising?

Reactions: Unami

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Never been in a relationship. One of the downsides of being an ugly guy that nobody wants, not even good enough for a pity sex
It’s not the looks, believe me. I’m pretty handsome, slim, tall, good looking, well educated, well mannered… and had little success in my dating life, and I don’t have much experience either. But I know I have a lack of social skills and I keep working on them, hoping it’s not too late to have casual dates and avoiding marriage + kids, which isn’t for me. I still want to live what I wasn’t able to enjoy when I was in my 20s

If not: I have seen plenty of “ugly guys” getting laid. So looks is not the root cause here.

This. Many ugly guys, including people from my environment who are ugly, obese, and even rude or aren’t able to sustain a deep conversation, had been able to get married. However, that’s personally not my goal, but rather to find girlfriend to live together at some point, and enjoy life. Sorry, I don’t stick too well to the traditional family roles.

But, if you find way too difficult to be successful on your social skills or self-esteem, as someone already suggested, that’s what sex workers are for. Believe me, there’re A LOT of men that are in this situation, so if you can afford it, just enjoy life without overthinking too much. Life is too short to keep waiting, and I’m sure at this point in life you already realized that.

Reactions: NoGood@Usernames

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I have seen plenty of “ugly guys” getting laid. So looks is not the root cause here.

Being introvert and antisocial and probably low self esteem will prevent you from both getting sex and hugs. But that is something good therapy can help with

So I have avoided entering in to this...it seems like a set up but maybe not. I was a nerd and a geek before those things were in style. Not tall. Not classically attractive. Too clumsy to be a jock, though I could run fast. But I never had a problem getting a date because most of all what people want is someone to listen to them. I am a great listener. Pretty good at talking too. You find someone you can smile with, and they smile back. I know that is difficult for introverts and you say you are too anti social to do that... so my guess is thats why you blame it on your looks. Something you can't change easily. Versus something you can change, like learning to talk with people. As suggested, therapy can help with that. But the first step is liking yourself and being confident someone will like you too if you let them.

That will be 5 cents please.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Would be funny to send a sex reminder this way to your loved one like „we noticed it’s been X days. It’s time for another round of censored“
You may be joking, but this would be such a great idea. Even better if there was a way for the OS to know the stress/sexual hormones of both partners, to suggest the better moment to have intercourse.

Lots of dead bedrooms need a little push, just like lots of sedentary people needs that encouragement to move their ass and gamify exercise. I only see benefits.

Reactions: Unami
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.