Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocDB

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2024
Such a poor take by many on here spreading false information. Health data is E2E encrypted. So none of it is accessible by anyone but the owner…

As for the tracking, as most have said - it’s there primarily for sexual health monitoring and for attempting to get pregnant.

But you know, sex is taboo so let’s all freak out about it…

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
You can buy a Bluetooth BG monitor in Walmart for less than 10 bucks, and sync it to the phone and App. I am not diabetic, but I do use it time to time when I change my macros in diet to see how my body is reacting. I do hope that AW will come up with non invasive BG monitor in future. Problem is that continuous BG monitors currently need to be replaced every 2-3 weeks.

Is that via wrist band or ring?

Front page here had a story titled

“FDA Warns Consumers Not to Use Smart Watches or Rings That Claim to Measure Blood Glucose Levels”​

Just think if Apple cracks this one and gets an Apple Watch non-invasive glucose monitor approved by the FDA!

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
lol, but the vast majority of AW owners are adults. Sexual activity is a legit calorie burning activity. Why wouldn't it be included? I guess you could make it a custom add versus making it a specific category. You could just make it a custom generic add like "other" or "custom".

Reactions: Populus

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
I had a profile on tinder and badoo for like 2 years. In total I got 0 likes, so theres that. And Im too shy and anti-social to ask a girl on a date in real life.

And if I manage to get a date and we see each other live. My head is empty, I have no idea what to say to them and that will lead to awkward silent moments. And there wont be a second date.
tinder is not the right place for something like that - it's mostly hookups, very much centered on looks and you have to be very, very proactive. (E.g. write an icebreaker-message to every girl you like or you will be completely ignored).

I was on "o.k. Cupid" the last time I really "needed" and it was a lot of tinkering with my profile and trying out what worked and what didn't until it finally worked.

I'm now on o.k. Cupid again, because my gf now wants to be polygamous (women in their midlife crisis 🙄) and I kind of have to look after myself or there will be too much of an imbalance. But I'm not very into it at the moment and it shows. Although women I trust tell me, I'm a 7/10 (I wouldn't say that), I haven't gotten any matches yet. But from past experience I know that's because I'm just there, not experimenting enough with my profile, not swiping right on every woman, not writing blind messages to 50 women a day which might result in 1 date 2 weeks later and not paying for boosts and whatnot. It can be quite frustrating, especially when you know that women just need to be there to get lots of likes and messages. My other ex just had to swipe right and often got a match right away. On the ironic flipside, they usually get the idiots with the inflated ego they are not lokking for.

I can't chat up a woman in a club for the life of me and I don't have a huge self esteem in that regard, but sadly that's what mostly matters. And I know that situation well where your head is empty and everything you say seems just uninteresting. But, you know, it can be the same for women. Nearly every girl I've been with told me that I was a good catch (until I wasn't), but it's not like they are out to catch you. Sadly, emancipation only goes that far.

Really, it's not the looks and not the wit, but it's kind of a computer game. If something doesn't work, don't get frustrated and try harder - or give up - try something different. You're clearly doing something wrong, but it might not be what you think it is. As someone else suggested, therapy - e.g. formulating and speaking thoughts out loud - might help.

I'd bet you that you could easily lose your virginity before you're 40 without paying anybody for it.

• Love
Reactions: Populus

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
more than once I have wished along with the other icon replies (thumbs up etc) there was a face palm icon we could leave behind. Do you tell your SO you are exercising?
Well, I sometimes I tell her when I'm exercising and sometimes I tell her I'm "exercising". I wear my watch on my other wrist, though, so I have to reach my workout/stand goals elsewhere.

Sometimes I even wish, she would let me wear the watch in bed, so I could close those precious rings.

P.s.: I'd also love to have a facepalm-reaction 🤦 (also, a thumbsdown reaction would be great)

Last edited:
Reactions: G5isAlive

Roy

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2006
Would be funny to send a sex reminder this way to your loved one like „we noticed it’s been X days. It’s time for another round of censored“
Now there’s a suggestion that should go directly to Tim Cook at Apple. If that idea was integrated into Apple products, I’m sure the sales would go up, as would my 🍎 stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.