Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
With the WWDC dates announced as June 2nd - 5th, we're almost exactly 2 months until we see iOS 8.

Seems like just yesterday we saw iOS 7!

hybroid

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2010
It's still going to be iOS7 with some minor changes and additions. Doesn't completely overwrite iOS7...

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
It's still going to be iOS7 with some minor changes and additions. Doesn't completely overwrite iOS7...

I agree, with a major redesign only happening a year ago, and 7.1 recently being released, iOS8 might not even be so different, if they even announce an actual "iOS8"

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Since iOS7 has been a major revamp, I wonder what improvements Apple has planned.

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
It's gonna be just like iOS 7 with a few improvements ad new features. Just like iOS 2-6 improved each version but looked almost the same. I don't understand why people think it'll be totally different, just look at iOS 2-6, they all looked nearly identical.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I agree, with a major redesign only happening a year ago, and 7.1 recently being released, iOS8 might not even be so different, if they even announce an actual "iOS8"

There will be an iOS 8. There are always .1 releases with every version of iOS, and yet, a new version is still released.

It will be very similar to iOS 7, with likely speed improvements, some more defined features, redefining new ones added in iOS 7, along with some brand new apps/features.

There may be slight UI tweaks as well.

All in all, I love iOS 7 and I'm excited to see what iOS 8 will bring.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Since iOS7 has been a major revamp, I wonder what improvements Apple has planned.
UI was just a skinning. It's largely the same. The only big 'features' related to UI was Safari, and the side gesture swiping.

Healthbook based on leaks is a strong likelyhood..

They started moving to swiping at side of screen for forward back, to eliminate some hand stretching to the top. I'd like to see more UI/gesture adjustments to cope with another display size growth.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
UI was just a skinning. It's largely the same.

:rolleyes:

The only big 'features' related to UI was Safari, and the side gesture swiping.

And control center.
And the notification center.
And the weather app.
And the lock screen.
And the app switcher.
And the camera.
And...

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Here is a timeline:

- Apple announces iOS 8
- People complain
- Graphic designers with no jobs or names proclaim how they could have done better.
- Beta comes out
- Threads with "how do I register a UDID" start popping up everywhere
- Non-developers that frequent these forums install iOS 8.
- Complaints about battery life
- Complaints about how Apple doesn't know what they're doing
- Beta 2 comes out
- Repeat above
- Beta 3 comes out
- repeat above.

iOS 8 goes Gold
- The masses accept it
- The people here who don't have much going on in their lives begin to look for bugs in workflows that no one would ever use.

I'm ready!

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Here is a timeline:

- Apple announces iOS 8
- People complain
- Graphic designers with no jobs or names proclaim how they could have done better.
- Beta comes out
- Beta 2 comes out
- Repeat above
- Beta 3 comes out
- repeat above.

iOS 8 goes Gold
- The masses accept it
- The people here who don't have much going on in their lives begin to look for bugs in workflows that no one would ever use.

I'm ready!

I think you are definitely a regular on here......:p

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Hopefully it'll work.

----------

Here is a timeline:

- Apple announces iOS 8
- People complain
- Beta comes out
- Beta 2 comes out
- Repeat above
- Beta 3 comes out
- repeat above.

iOS 8 goes Gold
- The masses accept it

I'm ready!

You forgot about the "its a beta" response to an issue that occurs during beta phase, and even when it makes its way to GM people ignore it.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hopefully it'll work.

----------

You forgot about the "its a beta" response to an issue that occurs during beta phase, and even when it makes its way to GM people ignore it.

My favorite is when people voluntarily install a Beta OS and then complain about how stuff does not work and then they end up telling others how it sucks BEFORE it's even public.

I guess I don't blame Google for charging $1500 for Google Glass for developer review. Nothing is worse than word of mouth trashing a product that doesn't publicly exist yet.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Unfortunately, whenever it is, it'll be an excuse for all the whingers and moaners to come creeping out from under their stones again! ;)

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
My favorite is when people voluntarily install a Beta OS and then complain about how stuff does not work and then they end up telling others how it sucks BEFORE it's even public.

I guess I don't blame Google for charging $1500 for Google Glass for developer review. Nothing is worse than word of mouth trashing a product that doesn't publicly exist yet.

True. Although I complain about things missing/broken in betas, it bothers me more that things still didn't make their way into the GM or that they're still not functioning properly.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Here is a timeline:

- Apple announces iOS 8
- People complain
- Beta comes out
- Beta 2 comes out
- Repeat above
- Beta 3 comes out
- repeat above.

iOS 8 goes Gold
- The masses accept it

I'm ready!

Nice.... but you forgot the most popular one: These betas are full of bugs :mad:

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Here is a timeline:

- Apple announces iOS 8
- People complain
- Beta comes out
- Beta 2 comes out
- Repeat above
- Beta 3 comes out
- repeat above.

iOS 8 goes Gold
- The masses accept it

I'm ready!

If I could choose to sticky anything, I would vote for your post. So right after it all happens we can refer to it and be like "Damn, he was right!"

Probably a few refinements to the post such as "Apple is doomed or iOS 8 sucks and iOS 6 was better" and "It's a beta" and that should cover all the bases :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.