Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Did they tell you what the reason for the delay was? As they have your money held up, they are under obligation to deliver the product to you, and let you know what any such delay in delivering that product is, plus you are also within your right to get a refund should you find that same product at their store or elsewhere.

IOW, there is tons more than "nothing" that they can do.

BL.
To what he said was it's on a boat and till it gets to the warehouse it then will ship overnight to me.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
To what he said was it's on a boat and till it gets to the warehouse it then will ship overnight to me.

They sent that on a BOAT!? The issue here then becomes what the heck has happened with Apple's logistics, let alone the logistics of the shipping carrier in question that they would send it overseas on a boat. And with the backlog of boats with cargo waiting to clear customs at San Pedro/Long Beach, there is more than enough chance that that 11/7 date will definitely slip. They definitely have some explaining to do because of the shipping option they gave your phone.

BL.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
They sent that on a BOAT!? The issue here then becomes what the heck has happened with Apple's logistics, let alone the logistics of the shipping carrier in question that they would send it overseas on a boat. And with the backlog of boats with cargo waiting to clear customs at San Pedro/Long Beach, there is more than enough chance that that 11/7 date will definitely slip. They definitely have some explaining to do because of the shipping option they gave your phone.

BL.
They did say that they’ll be shipping majority of their product via boat during Sept keynote

• Haha
Reactions: ndndnn

callen_v1

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2023
I'd be calling on that one, or chatting to Apple to figure out what is going on. If you ordered from then and you're looking at nearly 2 months without a delivery, that's a problem.

BL.
Yep. Ordered the 15th. 2 months. It's ridiculous and unacceptable. They launch every single year at the same exact time. You would think by now they would have this down. Have product available at a reasonable amount of time from launch. Total logistics failure.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Just checked. Mine got bumped too. Guess the boat arrived early.

Arrives Oct 30 - Nov 6​

Guess so!

Just moved up to Nov 1-8. 256GB Natural Titanium 15 Pro Max. Been seeing Nov 7-14 since September 18th when I ordered. Now Preparing to Ship.

If all of yours came by boat, could you post the incoming scan for your phone? I'm wondering which facility processed it. I'm assuming that if it came in to San Pedro/Long Beach, for UPS, it was scanned at Ontario or San Bernardino, while FDX should have it at one of those places as well. I'm wondering where it will depart from by air, because that will tell us where it arrived prior to departing by air.

BL.

callen_v1

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2023
If all of yours came by boat, could you post the incoming scan for your phone? I'm wondering which facility processed it. I'm assuming that if it came in to San Pedro/Long Beach, for UPS, it was scanned at Ontario or San Bernardino, while FDX should have it at one of those places as well. I'm wondering where it will depart from by air, because that will tell us where it arrived prior to departing by air.

BL.
Well, i have no idea where it came from originally. Just got a tracking number and here what it says.

Ship From

FUSION DC

FUSION DC

100 GOODMAN DR

CARLISLE, PA, 170137903, US

Service

UPS Ground

Weight

1.20 LBS

Shipment Category

Package

Reactions: AppleWes

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Well, i have no idea where it came from originally. Just got a tracking number and here what it says.

Ship From

FUSION DC

FUSION DC

100 GOODMAN DR

CARLISLE, PA, 170137903, US

Service

UPS Ground

Weight

1.20 LBS

Shipment Category

Package

Okay, this helps. If you go onto UPS' site and put in your tracking number, then pull up the tracking history, does it say what the first entry point is that UPS has? I seriously doubt that it just automagically showed up in Carlisle.

BL.

Athelstan

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Mine was supposed to be delivered today by Verizon and I got an email stating it’s now been delayed until October 27th. I know it’s not the same retailer but they’re all coming from the same place. White Pro Max 512GB.
Mine just went to shipping. Unfortunately I read my estimate incorrectly this entire time. Ordering two-three hours after orders opened had me in in November.... silly me reversed October and November.

callen_v1

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2023
Okay, this helps. If you go onto UPS' site and put in your tracking number, then pull up the tracking history, does it say what the first entry point is that UPS has? I seriously doubt that it just automagically showed up in Carlisle.

BL.
Not much info yet. This is all i have in details.

10/27/2023
10:25 A.M.
Label Created
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.
United States

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Mine just went to shipping. Unfortunately I read my estimate incorrectly this entire time. Ordering two-three hours after orders opened had me in in November.... silly me reversed October and November.
Firstly so glad your phone went to shipping congrats! Can wait to hear what you think when it arrives.

I ended up having a problem with my order it got cancelled. When I re-ordered they did a JTL request which they approved (very surprised) and my phone was delivered on Monday.

Someone at Verizon must’ve hated me because the box was all dented in the corner it hit the ground at the edge hard. The phone was fine and I didn’t cry. 🤣

Phone is amazingly light compared to the 13PM. Definitely notice a speed difference and apps don’t respring as often. Very happy with the phone. It was quite an ordeal for me to obtain. I chronicled my troubles in the Verizon thread to the point some felt the need to block me because “it’s just a phone”. I guess I overshared 😉

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023

BL.
It’s possible because that’s where one of the warehouse is located where the ship iPhones from when there are plenty in stock. There is also s warehouse in TN as well. Also in Indiana and one in California

callen_v1

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2023

BL.
Another update. UPS picked it up and say it will be here tomorrow now. But, still no tracking info prior to the warehouse.

Reactions: DcGamer05

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
It’s possible because that’s where one of the warehouse is located where the ship iPhones from when there are plenty in stock. There is also s warehouse in TN as well. Also in Indiana and one in California

That's not the issue though. If they were coming directly from the warehouse, then there would be no difference between Apple shipping it directly to him from China versus waiting for the stock to build up in the warehouse prior to shipping it to him. That would make no sense, especially given the fact that others were getting their phones shipped directly to them from China, bypassing any warehouse.

But if they did indeed say that the bulk of their shipments were coming by boat, then there has to be a way to see when the handoff from clearing customs at LGB to the carrier, then be flown domestic. Otherwise, the logistics would be:

Boat to LGB - flown to a warehouse - carrier picking up from warehouse - sent to customer.

There would be no explanation as to why a customer had to wait 6+ weeks from ordering for theirs to be sent by boat while someone else who ordered at the same time had theirs sent by air.

BL.

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
That's not the issue though. If they were coming directly from the warehouse, then there would be no difference between Apple shipping it directly to him from China versus waiting for the stock to build up in the warehouse prior to shipping it to him. That would make no sense, especially given the fact that others were getting their phones shipped directly to them from China, bypassing any warehouse.

But if they did indeed say that the bulk of their shipments were coming by boat, then there has to be a way to see when the handoff from clearing customs at LGB to the carrier, then be flown domestic. Otherwise, the logistics would be:

Boat to LGB - flown to a warehouse - carrier picking up from warehouse - sent to customer.

There would be no explanation as to why a customer had to wait 6+ weeks from ordering for theirs to be sent by boat while someone else who ordered at the same time had theirs sent by air.

BL.
Firstly, this is the first time hearing that apple is using boat to ship an iphone. I have never heard this before, unless this is something new they are doing. In most cases, they fly out from China in bulks and gets distributed to one of the 3/4 warehouses mentioned and from there they can then distribute to customers.

But I agree as why some customers has to wait that long. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: dlm1113
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.