Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Firstly, this is the first time hearing that apple is using boat to ship an iphone. I have never heard this before, unless this is something new they are doing. In most cases, they fly out from China in bulks and gets distributed to one of the 3/4 warehouses mentioned and from there they can then distribute to customers.

But I agree as why some customers has to wait that long. 🤷‍♂️

At first I didn't believe the boat rationale either, but as it was posted here in this thread, it was mentioned that more than 80-90% of their products are being shipped by boat now, to reduce their carbon footprint generated by air. If that is indeed true, then those shipments would only have 2-3 ports to come in at: Seattle, Oakland/Stockton, or San Pedro/Long Beach, with LGB being the biggest choice, as it is the country's busiest port.

The timing of the orders to them finally making it to the country would correlate to the time for shipment between China and here by sea, let alone the processing at Long Beach. From there, they would be handed to a given carrier (UPS, FDX, DHL, etc.) and shipped by air or ground, depending on final destination.

If that were true, I was hoping we'd see something indicative of the handoff from the port to the carrier, such as an incoming scan at the carrier's distribution center, like FDX and UPS have at Ontario/San Bernardino. That would at least tell us that the shipment came in to SoCal, and more than likely, Long Beach.

But again, the time between ordering and delivery is a huge issue for those still waiting, and does deserve an explanation from Apple.

BL.

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
Firstly, this is the first time hearing that apple is using boat to ship an iphone. I have never heard this before, unless this is something new they are doing. In most cases, they fly out from China in bulks and gets distributed to one of the 3/4 warehouses mentioned and from there they can then distribute to customers.

But I agree as why some customers has to wait that long. 🤷‍♂️
Was announced during this past Sept keynote when they revealed the Series 9 and iPhone 15 models. Here’s also clip

Ronald Reagan

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2016
Sorry, I haven’t had time to look over the thread—but, is UPS/Apple requiring a release authorization this year to leave it at the door? I just got the shipment notification on my 15 PM from Apple today. Thanks for the help.

Berries-A-Million

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Got notification today that my phone is now actually shipping by UPS. It's coming from TN to Texas. Shows an ETA of Tuesday, but Apple said Wednesdays.

Last edited:
Reactions: svish

callen_v1

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2023
Sorry, I haven’t had time to look over the thread—but, is UPS/Apple requiring a release authorization this year to leave it at the door? I just got the shipment notification on my 15 PM from Apple today. Thanks for the help.
I did not have to sign for mine. They left it on the porch.

Angler

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
I received my PM on launch day. Unfortunately I ordered NT, couldn’t stand the color. Sent it back on the 28th and ordered the White PM. My delivery date was 11/20- 11/27. Yesterday it was pushed forward to 11/13 - 11/20. Just received notification that it was shipped and delivery is 11/3. Pleasant surprise!

Reactions: svish and callen_v1

Aerdon

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
I've been on the IUP since it started. I haven't noticed this in the past, but today I went into settings and saw that AppleCare+ is not applied to the phone. Anyone else notice this on their IUP phones? I'm thinking they might be adding it in waves to the IUP phones.

scrane

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2021
I've been looking at the 15 Pro TI/256 for about a week. The day before yesterday the site quoted in store/delivery of Nov. 9. Yesterday I checked and it's available for in store pickup. Bought it. Today it's still available for immediate pickup or a delivery of Nov 14-17.

Reactions: svish

LongBall14

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2023
Is the express delivery reliable on the apple site? I ordered yesterday with express delivery of today but looking at my order, it says December 4-6. Which is it?

Reactions: Alexrat1996

LongBall14

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2023
That’s odd. Apple chat said the express delivery of “tomorrow” isn’t correct. Well then, they need to fix that because it says that every time I configure the iPhone.

Anyway, next question, can you use the apple account balance combined with CC payment at the Apple Store?

I know you can’t do it online to do pickup.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
That’s odd. Apple chat said the express delivery of “tomorrow” isn’t correct. Well then, they need to fix that because it says that every time I configure the iPhone.

Anyway, next question, can you use the apple account balance combined with CC payment at the Apple Store?

I know you can’t do it online to do pickup.
Yes you can and no unless you cancel it re do it and I ordered one for a family member and it shipped already waiting for tracking

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
It really does make me kinda sad. I love talking to everyone here who shares the same enthusiasm that have for Apple products. When other people see that I have a new iPhone, I’m often met with indifference to outright contempt, so I keep it low key. Here though, I can revel in the excitement with you guys.

The hate and jest in my office can be real.. I’m the same- happy to share my love for an iPhone and its beauty!

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
" data-source="post: 32528450" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Ok! this is pretty cool. Launch days are the best at an Apple Store. Just amazing!

Did it for my 12 and it’s awesome!

Only downer was it was during difficult times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.