Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urnotl33t

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2017
Cary, NC, USA
For clarity … for the benefit of others here that may not know or remember, and if the various news reports were accurate, Forstall was asked to apologize for the Apple Maps fiasco (ie: take responsibility.) Reportedly, he refused to do so, thereby refusing to take responsibility, which is why he was fired.
Absolutely, what you said. I admittedly glossed over to get to the point quickly. ?
Probably should've added "bad press *ultimately* got Forstall fired..". .."eventually"... granted, was he responsible? Unclear. However, the accountability fell to him, then ultimately to Cook. One could even blame the High Almighty Jobs, but that's another discourse...

jameslmoser

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Help me understand the math behind two people as a representative sample of the population?
Never claimed it was. But those two people, who do not know each other, are 100% of the people I know who have worked there. I said based on what I know I would not want to work there. If you feel differently by all means go apply. ?

It’s clear a lot of people here have zero people they know who have worked there and still voice their opinions, get over it

AxiomaticRubric

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2010
On Mars, Praising the Omnissiah
I've been following her drama on twitter since she initially requested to be placed on leave. This woman is deranged. She claims that because her office was located on a toxic waste site, it made her sick, she thinks Apple is secretly spying on her, so she god rid of all her Apple gear. She belongs in an institution.

It definitely sounds like paranoid schizophrenia. Have some compassion though. It is literally the worst disease anyone can possibly have.

• Haha
Reactions: satcomer

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
One day we can hope all companies will be liable. Hopefully the investigation isn’t just another fine.

So you are already assuming Apple is guilty of this and that there is no merit to what they did? Interesting. So if they did nothing wrong and it comes out, you are ok with Apple going full bore on the ex-employee correct?

rcread

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
Duvall, WA USA
My company has had two employees who, the first thing they did after they were fired, was to file a complaint with L&I. We were investigated both times and they found no corrective actions were required. One was fired for trying to deal cocaine to other employees, and the other for intentionally sabotaging operations. This case may or may not have merit, but employees trying to retaliate against their former employer isn't unusual.

Xtir

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2021
not surprised, with a corporate culture of secrecy at the core of Apple, next to profit. Ethics, safety, transparency, workplace safety are bound to suffer in this competitive environment and a petri dish to culture perverse stimuli.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
not surprised, with a corporate culture of secrecy at the core of Apple, next to profit. Ethics, safety, transparency, workplace safety are bound to suffer in this competitive environment and a petri dish to culture perverse stimuli.
The reason profits exists in the range they do is because of the ethics, safety and transparency. Secrecy is irrelevant and I would guess, all for profit consumer goods companies are secretive. You can’t beat innovation out of people with a whip. Profit comes from peoples’ efforts who are in the zone.

Last edited:

frenchcamp49er

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
I don't know exactly how much I am paying actually and I do not really care either. There is enough salary left every month to do nice savings and to have an easy mind, not having to worry about unexpected bills and free time is priceless.
Exactly the problem

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Many people in this thread have forgotten that MR have reported on discontent within Apple on a number of occasions:

Those news articles contain snippets that not everything is cosy at Apple showing that many employee's at Apple are not happy with the way the company treats them. Ashley Gjovik is not an isolated case of which many members in here seem to think it is due to the manner in which they disparage the woman.

Defenders of Apple in here need to do their homework on the company because if they did they would not be defending Apple in the manner they are doing so, unless the defenders are disciples of the House of Apple which means in their eyes Apple does no wrong, EVER.
A company with 100k+ employees will never have everything “cost and rosy”. In fact there will always be something to complain about.

Critics of apple need to do their homework and understand that not perfect is the norm in big companies.

Yet apple is still a desirable company to work for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.