Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manutd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
London
has anyone from the uk recieved or has had the shipping dates changed to an earlier time for the new imacs. my ship date is the 15th and delivery is on the 19th.

waiting is so hard!!!!!!!!

rfc13

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2006
Reading, UK
I ordered mine on thursday (24" changes were processor to 2.33, 2Gig Ram, 7600GT and wireless mouse + keyboard) along with an iPod nano (not sure if it will be upgraded to new one or not) and a printer, and it is due to ship on the 21st and arrive on the 28th. The printer and nano both said ship within 24hrs, while imac was 5-7 days so am assuming it must be the imac causing such a long long wait :-(

Worst bit is that I am going back to uni on 19th and if it doesnt arrive by 22nd my parents can't bring it down to me unitl 3rd October :-(

Manutd, did you change anything on yours? hopefully mine will end up catching the same flight as yours :)

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
They do change. When I ordered my iMac back in May the ship date was a Monday and delivered date of a Friday. It actually shipped the previous Friday and arrived on the Monday :D

nkooiker

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
changing shipping dates are quite a pain in the ass if you need to take a day off to receive your unit.. :mad:

rfc13

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2006
Reading, UK
If anyone in the UK's is shipped tomorrow can you please post here when you receive the confirmation email, as mine isn't supposed to ship till 21st but am hoping it goes in earlier batch, which looks to be tomorrow.

Thanks

Alex Duggan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2004
UK
rfc13 said:
If anyone in the UK's is shipped tomorrow can you please post here when you receive the confirmation email, as mine isn't supposed to ship till 21st but am hoping it goes in earlier batch, which looks to be tomorrow.

Thanks

Mine was meant to be shipped on the 21st - but have just got the e-mail to say it has been dispatched. :D

"Your order was shipped on 14.09.2006, and we expect your order to be delivered to your shipping address on or before 21.09.2006."

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Alex Duggan said:
Mine was meant to be shipped on the 21st - but have just got the e-mail to say it has been dispatched. :D

"Your order was shipped on 14.09.2006, and we expect your order to be delivered to your shipping address on or before 21.09.2006."

I just got the exact same email - hurrah!

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
Just checked the status this morning on my Imac

and delivery has moved

Shipped on Sep 16, 2006 via TNT EXPRESS (IRELAND) LIMITED

was ship on the 20th

:D :D

manutd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
London
im gutted, i just got this email

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

The demand for the product you ordered has been higher than anticipated. We are shipping as quickly
as possible, but cannot meet the dispatch date we previously estimated for you. We now expect to dispatch
your order by 22.09.2006.

We estimate that it will be delivered to your shipping address on or before 03.10.2006.
Please note that these dates are estimated lead-times only. Once your order has dispatched, you will receive a Dispatch Notification email, which will provide you with detailed delivery information

Your business is very important to us, and we apologise for any inconvenience that this change may cause.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
I ordered a 24" recently (14th). My shipping and delivery dates at the moment are the 21st and 28th.

David

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
What was the spec you ordered ? is it a BTO machine

Mine was ordered on 11-09-06

Spec
Imac 20''
2.33Ghz
2 Gig Ram
500 Gig HD
256 Gfx
Bluetooth KB & Mouse

Fingers crosses mine lands on monday, although it reports the expected delivery as the 20th, but TNT express do have it at their depot according to the tracking info

I ordered a new Nano for the wife mid week and it took 22hrs from order to delivery

Wippet

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
My 20" that was ordered on the 6th has just been delayed to a estimated ship date of the 21st. That was with 256 graphics and the 2.33GHz processor. :mad:

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Wippet said:
My 20" that was ordered on the 6th has just been delayed to a estimated ship date of the 21st. That was with 256 graphics and the 2.33GHz processor. :mad:

That's interesting, because the UK Apple store is currently saying 4 days for any CTO 20" or 24" iMac.

David

rfc13

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2006
Reading, UK
This is getting wierd. I have just got an email from Apple saying that mine has been dispatched. The printer and nano (old style) say via UPS and have a tracking option, however the imac says via merge in Transit GB.

1. Does anyone know what merge in Transit means? and

2. Why can't I track the iMac due to this merge in transit?

Original ship date was 21st, delivery for 28th

However the new delivery dates are 26th for printer and nano and 27th for imac. would have thought these should have changed more considerably.

I'm confused :confused:

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
orangezorki - I wouldn't go by that, mine was delayed the same as Wippetts and I got told it was most likely due to the parts being in short supply.

rfc13 = merge in transit just means that different items in your order are coming from different locations, and that they meet at some point along the way before continuing to you. I'm guessing once they meet up you'll be able to track the package as a whole.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Courthold said:
orangezorki - I wouldn't go by that, mine was delayed the same as Wippetts and I got told it was most likely due to the parts being in short supply.

But is that just the 20"? Also, are the 2.33Ghz ones easier to get because it's an expensive option?

David

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
Having trouble tracking mine

mine says 'Shipped on Sep 16, 2006 via TNT EXPRESS (IRELAND) LIMITED'

and gives me a tracking number but when i go to TNT's package tracking website it reports ref number not known !

because mine says TNT ireland does that mean it has been recieved in ireland ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.