Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the_ref

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2005
huw1000 said:
Had a phone call off TNT this afternoon saying there's been a delay but my iMac will definitely be delivered first thing tomorrow!

what does it show on the TNT tracking page then?

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
20 Sep 2006* 17:28* Northampton Hub* Consignment Received At Transit Point*

Hurrah! Should definitely be with me tomorrow...

BBC B 32k

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2005
London
my 24"er is in northhants so should arrive 2mrw as originally stated by apple.

trouble is I have to work so will try to pick up myself, think the depot is near heathrow which is not too far from me.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Getting a little bit worried: Shipping notification was more than 24hrs ago, yet UPS's site still doesn't recognise the tracking numbers given. Will it stay like that until everything has been 'merged in transit'?

David

ajhemingway

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
It could be worse... :mad:

Shipping to South East London.
Ordered 11th Sept. (2.16, 256 VRAM, 2GB RAM, BT KB/mouse)
Scheduled dispatch date was yesterday (20th Sept.)
No change to those dates at any point.
Then... at the end of yesterday... pushed back by two weeks.
Shipped by 26th, delivered by 5th October.

I'm absolutely seething. I was told if I ordered on the phone my "order would be prioritised". It sounded like a lie and I think it was. I was also told on the phone yesterday that there were no problems with my order and that it would be shipped on time. I wouldn't mind a bump of a couple of days.... but two weeks, with no warning!

Exactly the same thing happened with my eMac purchase three years ago. I'll never learn.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Mine should definitely come today!

21 Sep 2006 06:35 Birmingham Out For Delivery
21 Sep 2006 04:26 Birmingham Import Received
21 Sep 2006 04:00 Birmingham Import Received

the_ref

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2005
Allotriophagy said:
Mine should definitely come today!

21 Sep 2006 06:35 Birmingham Out For Delivery
21 Sep 2006 04:26 Birmingham Import Received
21 Sep 2006 04:00 Birmingham Import Received

Hopefully for me too!

21 Sep 2006 08:33 Edinburgh Out For Delivery
21 Sep 2006 08:28 Edinburgh Import Received
20 Sep 2006 17:33 Northampton Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

Although I was in the shower from 8:30 - 8:40, so I hope it didn't get here REALLY fast, and I missed it. :eek:

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
orangezorki said:
Getting a little bit worried: Shipping notification was more than 24hrs ago, yet UPS's site still doesn't recognise the tracking numbers given. Will it stay like that until everything has been 'merged in transit'?

David

I think it will stay there until UPS pick it up. And that won't be until it reaches Europe (I think). K&N are responsible for shipping it from Shanghai to Europe I believe.

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
ajhemingway said:
It could be worse... :mad:

Shipping to South East London.
Ordered 11th Sept. (2.16, 256 VRAM, 2GB RAM, BT KB/mouse)
Scheduled dispatch date was yesterday (20th Sept.)
No change to those dates at any point.
Then... at the end of yesterday... pushed back by two weeks.
Shipped by 26th, delivered by 5th October.

I'm absolutely seething. I was told if I ordered on the phone my "order would be prioritised". It sounded like a lie and I think it was. I was also told on the phone yesterday that there were no problems with my order and that it would be shipped on time. I wouldn't mind a bump of a couple of days.... but two weeks, with no warning!

Exactly the same thing happened with my eMac purchase three years ago. I'll never learn.

Is that a 20" or a 24" ? I web ordered my 24" on the 12th and it's in transit (apparently) for delivery on the 29th / 30th.

ajhemingway

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
zerolight said:
Is that a 20" or a 24" ? I web ordered my 24" on the 12th and it's in transit (apparently) for delivery on the 29th / 30th.

Mine's a 20". Admittedly there's an element of impatience about my reaction - after all, I want to get my hands on it. On the other hand, my eMac disappears tomorrow so I'll be computerless (again, partly my fault... but I need the cash for the new one). And I also hate the lack of communication on their part. If I ordered one from scratch today (BTO, same spec) it says "4 days", so what the hell has happened to mine in the last two weeks I don't know.

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
ajhemingway said:
Mine's a 20". Admittedly there's an element of impatience about my reaction - after all, I want to get my hands on it. On the other hand, my eMac disappears tomorrow so I'll be computerless (again, partly my fault... but I need the cash for the new one). And I also hate the lack of communication on their part. If I ordered one from scratch today (BTO, same spec) it says "4 days", so what the hell has happened to mine in the last two weeks I don't know.

The 4 day thing is misleading. I believe that's how long they'd take to ship it, meaning it would ship someplace between the 25th and 26th. There appears to be a 10 to 11 day shipping time from date of shipment which would put it on delivery for something like the 5th/6th October.

I know where you are coming from regarding patience. I sold my Dual 2.7 (which I only had for 6 months) to fund the iMac 24". I work away from home 4 days per week so it's not really killing me not to have a Mac, though it'd be nice to go home this weekend to find one (but it looks like it'll be next weekend). However my wife is now living in a house with no email nor internet. She doesn't work, so it's kinda cut off her lifeline. She's more impatient about it than me as a result.

eenu

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Manchester, UK
shawsinio said:
When I was tracking my macbook a while back apecode was a good tracking site, it was the only one that i could get any info from at all really, you guys should check it out.

I've ordered an imac 17" standard configuration, and it seems to be coming direct fom Ireland, does this seem right? I'ts just that I've ordered applecare as well so wasn't sure if that was just the applecare coming from Ireland or the whole lot!

Shawsinio

Top man! That site is great......gives me more info that UPS, TNT and Apple put together!

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
I'm really tempted to order a 24" right now... :D

But I'm unavailable from 11th to 18th October.. and no one will be around to sign for the delivery if it arrives during these dates..

Any ideas when a BTO 24" would arrive if I were to order today ? Anyone else in the UK ordered a 24" today ? and can comment on the delivery time..

Thanks,
Mark

eenu

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Manchester, UK
retrospek said:
I'm really tempted to order a 24" right now... :D

But I'm unavailable from 11th to 18th October.. and no one will be around to sign for the delivery if it arrives during these dates..

Any ideas when a BTO 24" would arrive if I were to order today ? Anyone else in the UK ordered a 24" today ? and can comment on the delivery time..

Thanks,
Mark

I ordered on the 13th and due to arrive the 30th Sept

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Whoever mentioned apecode.com - thank you! :)

It says that today the flight has been booked. Does that mean anything? I mean I could book a round the world flight now for 2009...

David

eenu

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Manchester, UK
orangezorki said:
Whoever mentioned apecode.com - thank you! :)

It says that today the flight has been booked. Does that mean anything? I mean I could book a round the world flight now for 2009...

David

Means yours is sat next to mine waiting to board :)

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
eenu said:
Means yours is sat next to mine waiting to board :)

It better not get pissed in departures and miss the flight!

(You can tell I'm not bothered when it arrives...)

David

IrishMac

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2006
Finally got mine last night. It didn't get delivered at all because the driver got sick apparently and the relief driver didn't finish all the deliveries. It looked like I wasn't going to get it until today but I had a good moan and said I wanted to collect it. Any got it home and its all setup now. Wow its big! Makes my graphite ACD 20" look like a dwarf! :D Haven't had a chance to test much as I had a lot of files to migrate. Got a half day at work so can play this afternoon. Weeeee! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.