Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wippet

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
My iMac has now shipped, estimated to arrive on the 20th. I'm happy now :)

Ordered on the 6th, originaly suppose to ship on the 15th, delayed untill the 21st, now shipped on the 17th and hopefully delivered on the 20th.

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
Wippet - you're giving me some hope now as I am in the same situation as you - here's hoping mine ships today or tomorrow.

Wippet

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
Courthold I hope you get lucky to and it ships soon, its unusual for Apple to miss their shipping deadlines.

Does anyone know how to use the TNT tracker service, its asking for a consignment number or referance ive tried using the numbers that Apple provids but its saying it cant find it.

huw1000

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
245530142_c15ca0c4d1_o.png

Same boat as everyone else I think. Hopefully it'll move tomorrow as it's scheduled for delivery on the 20th after shipping early.

24" iMac 2.33Ghz/2Gb/7600GT and I can't wait :<

Alex Duggan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2004
UK
huw1000 said:
245530142_c15ca0c4d1_o.png

Same boat as everyone else I think. Hopefully it'll move tomorrow as it's scheduled for delivery on the 20th after shipping early.

24" iMac 2.33Ghz/2Gb/7600GT and I can't wait :<

Got the same on mine too - still says that it's on schedule for 20th though!

brightlights

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
UK
rfc13 said:
This is getting wierd. I have just got an email from Apple saying that mine has been dispatched. The printer and nano (old style) say via UPS and have a tracking option, however the imac says via merge in Transit GB.

1. Does anyone know what merge in Transit means? and

2. Why can't I track the iMac due to this merge in transit?

Original ship date was 21st, delivery for 28th

However the new delivery dates are 26th for printer and nano and 27th for imac. would have thought these should have changed more considerably.

I'm confused :confused:

Exact same has happened to me today... if you get any updates then let me know!

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
Im having no luck tracking my Imac

I got an email very early sat morning saying it has been shipped and gave me a ref number and quoted TNT as the Courier

Our Delivery Reference Number
80417xxxxx
Carrier Tracking Number
80417xxxxx
Assigned Carrier
TNT

When i go to the TNT site and give the ref number it comes back as ref not found,

So i phoned Apple and they could not give me any other info apart from confirming the ref number and that it was in transit.

Phoned TNT and gave them the apple quoted ref number only to be told that was not a valid TNT number but it was an apple ref number, and i had to phone apple !

Anyone else having this problem, apple order tracking still quotes the 20th for delivery.

Just my luck someone will have nicked it before TNT got hold of it :(

Wippet

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
Philgr said:
Im having no luck tracking my Imac

I got an email very early sat morning saying it has been shipped and gave me a ref number and quoted TNT as the Courier

Our Delivery Reference Number
80417xxxxx
Carrier Tracking Number
80417xxxxx
Assigned Carrier
TNT

When i go to the TNT site and give the ref number it comes back as ref not found,

So i phoned Apple and they could not give me any other info apart from confirming the ref number and that it was in transit.

Phoned TNT and gave them the apple quoted ref number only to be told that was not a valid TNT number but it was an apple ref number, and i had to phone apple !

Anyone else having this problem, apple order tracking still quotes the 20th for delivery.

Just my luck someone will have nicked it before TNT got hold of it :(

Yep im having the same problem, it cant find my order.

huw1000

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2006
If you use this tracking page you can enter your apple delivery reference instead of tnt tracking number.

Still 'technical problems' for me and probably everyone else. Getting very close to the 20th now :(

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
huw1000 said:
If you use this tracking page you can enter your apple delivery reference instead of tnt tracking number.

Still 'technical problems' for me and probably everyone else. Getting very close to the 20th now :(

Been using that page, still dont recognise my Apple ref number :(

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
News Flash !!!!!

Whoah Update

finally im getting somewhere

Reference 80417xxxxx
Pick up date 18 Sep 2006
Destination Whitehaven
Delivery Date
Signatory
Date Time Location Status
16 Sep 2006 10:46 Cork Consignment Received At Transit Point

Wippet

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
Philgr said:
Whoah Update

finally im getting somewhere

Reference 80417xxxxx
Pick up date 18 Sep 2006
Destination Whitehaven
Delivery Date
Signatory
16 Sep 2006 10:46 Cork Consignment Received At Transit Point

where did you get that info from?

Wippet

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
Philgr said:

Mines now working,

Pick up date 18 Sep 2006
Destination Leicester
Delivery Date
Signatory
18 Sep 2006 19:58 Cork Shipped From Originating Depot
18 Sep 2006 19:04 Cork Consignment Received At Transit Point

Alex Duggan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2004
UK
Philgr and Wippet - are your models standard configuration or build to order (customised ones)? Also are they 24", 20" or 17"?

Just wondering if that's why yours are coming straight from Ireland and not China!

Courthold

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
Hooray, it has shipped :D :D :D

Shipped - Sep 18, 2006 via Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.

I'm guessing that's coming from abroad someplace?

Wippet

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
Alex Duggan said:
Philgr and Wippet - are your models standard configuration or build to order (customised ones)? Also are they 24", 20" or 17"?

Just wondering if that's why yours are coming straight from Ireland and not China!

20" with the 256mb graphics and the 2.33GHz processor everything else standard.

Alex Duggan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2004
UK
Thanks! Looks like it must just be the 24" models that are coming direct from China then!

Mine is still showing delay sue to a technical fault at Shanghai airport :(

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Alex Duggan said:
Thanks! Looks like it must just be the 24" models that are coming direct from China then!

Mine is still showing delay sue to a technical fault at Shanghai airport :(

The 17" and 20" are pretty much the same as the last iterations, only with the C2D. I wouldn't be surprised if many were made chipless, with the CPU added later. Either that, or they felt happy shipping the smaller ones as in a sealed box they would look identical, but the size of the 24" box would stand out.

David

manutd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
London
mines has shipped too via Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r.

apple emailed me saying "Your order was shipped on 18.09.2006, and we expect your order to be delivered to your shipping address on or before 27.09.2006."

Courthold, i think our imacs are on the same boat
:D

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Mine still seems to be stuck in Pudong. If so, it is unlikely to reach me tomorrow, as the delivery date suggests.

shawsinio

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
UK
When I was tracking my macbook a while back apecode was a good tracking site, it was the only one that i could get any info from at all really, you guys should check it out.

I've ordered an imac 17" standard configuration, and it seems to be coming direct fom Ireland, does this seem right? I'ts just that I've ordered applecare as well so wasn't sure if that was just the applecare coming from Ireland or the whole lot!

Shawsinio

IrishMac

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2006
Hi all, first post here after many months of lurking :)

My 24" iMac is also showing stuck at Pudong like many others. I called TNT last night and the woman on the phone said it had left France. I asked her if it was going to Arhem Hub but she couldn't tell me. She also couldn't explain why her screen was showing more information than mine. Even now my tracking still shows Line Haul delay on the 15th. Its supposed to turn up tomorrow, sure hope it does!!

Shawsinio your Applecare is more than likely coming from Ireland as the cd's and the packaging are all made in Ireland. So I would assume your iMac is coming from China and will then merge in transit with your Applecare pack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.