Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
Hi,

Vaja just listed this Limited Edition iPad Case available for immediate shipping. It costs $200 USD. Use the coupon code MACSTORIES at checkout, and you’ll get 15% off. The coupon lasts until June 30. I still plan on ordering their Agenda case too. Their web site is:

http://www.vajacases.com

Joe

Vaja1.jpg

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Money grow on trees in your neighborhood?!

Seriously though, $200 form a case is outrageous!!!

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Then what's the reason to protect your iPad if you buy a cases that are worth more? No point. I would have just used my iPad until it breaks or whatever. Then buy a new one who cares?

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
I can afford to do what I want......I won't apologize for that. Everyone is entitled to their opinions including me.

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
I can afford to do what I want......I won't apologize for that. Everyone is entitled to their opinions including me.

Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion but not their own facts. There is no money tree growing anywhere get it straight! ;);)

Anyway enjoy your case :D:D

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
These people at Vaja are simply crooks. When this case was black and in stock it cost $150.00 and now it's $200.00 bucks to me that's price gauging as far I am concerned and they just lost my business!

I think a few emails from people who were interested in this case and now are not might persuade them they are making a ,intake in doingbthis kind of pricing monkey business.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I also ordered the leather agenda because of the discount code. I think it will compliment my iPad bag nicely. Heck, I paid more for my bag than I did for my iPad, so why shouldn't I get a nice case. I think for the money, this may be the most suited one for me.

Three weeks cannot come soon enough. :D

scubasteve03

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Take this thread down!

Are you serious guys? This is obviously self promotion. That's a great price Joe! You've got to be kidding me. I promise you this is advertisement.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Are you serious guys? This is obviously self promotion. That's a great price Joe! You've got to be kidding me. I promise you this is advertisement.

Then there should be no sub-forum about accessories because each one can be considered an advertisement. As a matter of fact, most forums/blogs/personal web sites should also not exist because they can be considered advertisements.

Sorry, but I'm seriously confused by your post.

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell

Vaja has been around for a while and there cases have always been in the top ten in many website (just google it), so I can assure they don't need the advertisement.

Regardless, why do you want to take it down? The OP is offering a discount code, for people who are "interested" and they are not forcing anybody to buy!

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
Looks lovely. Some folk need to get over the whole protection vs money thing.

Up to a certain point, what you pay buys you better protection, then beyond that what you pay buys you better quality, both visually, and in terms of build quality and longevity.

Sure there are plenty of nice cases out there. Who makes a case with the same quality of leather, same quality of build, etc. as Vaja for less?

We already pay a few hundred dollars over the odds for our iMacs and MBPs because we want them shelled in something sturdier and prettier than beige plastic. It's partly down to protection and partly down to ergonomics.

Women buy posh handbags and purses from designer labels. I'm sure there's a $10 cheapo offering that provides the exact same function - but it's build quality and form will likely be lacking behind the pricier competition.

Vaja cases are no different. You don't buy it because you want to just protect your iPad. You buy it because it's the last case you intend to buy for your iPad, because you want the feel of the luxury leather, you want the beauty, and you are fortunate enough to have an iPad to put in it.

If we all bought stuff purely based on function and nothing else - we'd all be driving Korean Econoboxes, computing on bottom feeder laptops, and dressing in clothes by ASDA/Walmart. Sometimes it's nice to own something that's nice, that's well made. That's really all the Vaja offers, something nicer, posher, higher quality than the average case. They aren't saying, "hey look, our case offers superior protection", they're just offering something that offers superior materials and excellent build quality.

I'd really like one. I think I'd rather put the money towards a 4th Gen iPhone, but still, I'd really like one. And if I bought one, I like to think that the money went on the materials and craftsmanship. It's expensive. It's not overpriced. Too different things.

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
These people at Vaja are simply crooks. When this case was black and in stock it cost $150.00 and now it's $200.00 bucks to me that's price gauging as far I am concerned and they just lost my business!

I think a few emails from people who were interested in this case and now are not might persuade them they are making a ,intake in doingbthis kind of pricing monkey business.

They still have plenty options on this case at $150 in a host of colours. This one has a more luxurious leather that they have bought in limited quantities. If they don't buy it in bulk it costs them more, and that cost is passed on. Is it worth $50 more to have the posher leather from a limited run - might be. Certainly looks MUCH nicer than the black. I still like the idea of an orange one, but IF I were in the market for one of these, that colour would tempt - particularly with the 15% discount which brings it down to just $20 more than the black. However, as I say... I'm hoping for an iPhone this year.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
Come on guys, I am just a guy who bought a case and posted the info to this section of the forum as MANY others have done. This is/was not an ad. I have nothing to do with Vaja and make no profit from their sales. Discount codes have been posted before too. A few members already benefitted from that code.

Just a reminder, there are LOTS of folks who think we are all daft for spending money on an iPad to begin with. You can argue with them about form and function but in the end they will likely still think it a foolish purchase. We don't, just a difference of opinion. There is an old saying, "If you can't understand it, then I can't explain it to you."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.