Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
Was not able to find the Piel on amazon for less than 139 - do you have the link for 100 ?

Hi,

I checked again and I can't find any more at that price either. I bought mine through Amazon but the seller was Redmond ASP, LLC.

Regards,

Joe

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
No worries - I believed your 100 price. It's all about timing. At 140 The trigger will most likely be pulled.

I would have no problem paying that for this case. It is very well made and functional. I love that the lid folds flat behind the device. That was one issue I had with the Orbino Padova...well from the images, I never owned one. Though that croc is VERY tempting!!!

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada
What's the weight and size difference between the Piel Frama and Mamut? Are they very close? I'm itching for the Mamut but strongly considering the Piel as it is half the price and includes a tilt stand.

I agree, it is a great case. While I like the Vaja iVolution in Mamut style leather I think I prefer the Piel Frama case. The Vaja is definitely a 'head turner'! And regardless of some comments to the contrary a very well made top quality case.

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin
What's the weight and size difference between the Piel Frama and Mamut? Are they very close? I'm itching for the Mamut but strongly considering the Piel as it is half the price and includes a tilt stand.

The overall profiles are similar but the Vaja feels smaller overall. In actuality they are about the same dimensions. The weight I measured for each (without the iPad is shown below:

Piel Frama Agenda (magnetic closure) = 270.2g = 9.53oz

Vaja iVolution Mamut = 308.6g = 10.89

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
Vaja Shipped Pretty Fast!!

I noticed the Mamut popped up as "ready for immediate shipping" on Monday so I ordered one. I have to say I was a bit worried after reading about service issues on here but it was shipped via DHL within 24 hours and is on its was to Australia. :D

Hope I like it.

I just had the same experience. I read this note, went to the site, ordered one and less than 24 hours later, I had a Fed Ex Shipping Notice, for delivery Monday. It seems they have improved quite a bit, at least for items in stock!!

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
My case arrived this morning, less than a week delivery to Australia is quite impressive. I can only echo comments above regarding quality and fit.

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada
It fits my needs perfectly! Extremely well made and lightweight I can highly recommend it. The cover folds flat behind the unit when in use.

Joe

Thanks for the update Joe. I've been going back on forth on folio cases, Piel vs Vaja vs Noreve vs Sena.

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada
Glad you like it! I am waiting for someone to post comments about the Vaja Agenda. I want one too.

Did you end up selling your Vaja Mamut? You liked the quality but not the style I take it? My wife wants one. I want the Vaja Agenda, but not the current price :(

Brandon3003

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2008
I love the look of that brown limited edition they have up. The leather quality looks incredible, but I already splurged for the Agenda so I'm trying to stay strong and not spend any more money on cases.. But I have to admit it does look sexy as hell.

PacMookBro

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2007
Well, it finally arrived today about four days after it shipped and twelve days after I placed the order.

The good news: The exterior of the case is really nice - the design is well thought out, the leather is really good and the case is well padded.

The bad: The interior of the case seems not to be as good as the exterior as the green leather seems not to align properly with the exterior of the case. i.e. With the case closed, one can see a hint of green peeking out near the volume buttons and near the bottom corners. One other minor point is that the top cover seems to move from side to side a little easier that I would expect it to, but I guess that's the price one pays for it to be removable.

The ugly: Vaja's customer service and their "Immediate Shipping" policy. Need I say more? :mad:

Overall, the case (and the iPad) feel right in your hands and I've stopped worrying about the iPad slipping. I like the fact that the top cover fits under the bottom cover when using the iPad, so I don't have to worry about misplacing it. Fit and finish of the exterior is excellent and it looks really good. Is it worth the $150? Tough question, but I'd say it'd be a good value for $100.

Some pics:

Thanks for the photos. Good thing I ordered it while it is in stock for immediate shipping. :D

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
I have seen one of these for around the £100 mark. For those who have used it for a while did the initial good impressions stay that way or have you changed cases since?

Also - has anyone used one of these with the Griffin Loop? If it fits then it might make the lack of a stand option not an issue.

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
I just recieved my Mamut Suela limited edition case. I ordered it (For UK Delivery) from mobilefun.co.uk for £99 + P+P. I got it next day delivery (Beats ordering from Vaja lol).

First impressions. This might be the best case I have ever had. Beautiful leather - I mean absolutely gorgeous. Superb build quality and it doesnt feel too bulky - it really feels great in your hands which is why I think I prefer it over a folio. The two piece design is surprisingly practical as you can just attach the front bit to the back.

While part of me misses having a typing stand I am hoping it will work with the griffin loop when I get it. Even if it doesnt it's not a deal breaker.

Overall this case is fantastic and the best looking case I have ever seen. It has even stopped me longing for an Agenda 2. I would recommend it to anyone.

I will post some pics if I can get a decent shot - the trouble is that, like previous posters, for some reason its hard to get the colours looking right when taking a photo. They come out orange but in reality it looks just as good as the promo pics.

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
Took some pics - still have trouble getting the deep brown of the leather to come out fully in the pics to do it justice but what the hell - might as well post them.

After using this for a week my opinion has been solidified. After trying loads of different cases I think this is the best one out there. Not even interested in the Agenda 2 now, although if they do a limited edition with the Mamut Suela leather that might be hard to resist lol.

Such a nice case and it feels great in the hands which is so important.

Love it lol. Now - whats the betting the iPad 2 is a different shape which will mean I will need to get another one lol.

Edit - Just an additional note - to answer my own question it works great with the Griffin Loop!!

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 96

Maurier

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Took some pics - still have trouble getting the deep brown of the leather to come out fully in the pics to do it justice but what the hell - might as well post them.

After using this for a week my opinion has been solidified. After trying loads of different cases I think this is the best one out there. Not even interested in the Agenda 2 now, although if they do a limited edition with the Mamut Suela leather that might be hard to resist lol.

Such a nice case and it feels great in the hands which is so important.

Love it lol. Now - whats the betting the iPad 2 is a different shape which will mean I will need to get another one lol.
I posted a link for another case from mate on different thread. Much cheaper and a good case, my friend is using one. But the Vaja looks a lot nicer.
Edit - Just an additional note - to answer my own question it works great with the Griffin Loop!!

That's sexy I think I'm about to pull the trigger on one of this bad boys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.