Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 15 variant will you be pre-ordering?

• Total voters

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
So I am curious to see - for folks still waiting for your Pro Max from Verizon, what was your order date (not shipping date) and what color/storage size? Would love to see order dates for people whose phones recently shipped as well.

I’m waiting on a black PM, 256GB, order placed October 2nd.
White Pro Max 512 ordered 9/25. Had ship date of September 29th. Pushed back to the 6th then the 13th and now the 27th. My confidence in Verizon is 0. If my tooth didn’t hurt so bad I would be looking elsewhere. If you can snag one at Best Buy or Apple do it unless you have a lotalty promo

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
White Pro Max 512 ordered 9/25. Had ship date of September 29th. Pushed back to the 6th then the 13th and now the 27th. My confidence in Verizon is 0. If my tooth didn’t hurt so bad I would be looking elsewhere. If you can snag one at Best Buy or Apple do it unless you have a lotalty promo
Sounds like fate is encouraging you to wait it out lol.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Sounds like fate is encouraging you to wait it out lol.
Hahah if only! Here’s the scoop for today. I chatted with a rep via chat function asked them about Best Buy and their promos. Just basic questions because I have another line I might upgrade. Well long story short 10 minutes after the chat ended. I get an email. That I cancelled my order. Wtf. So I re order and get a November 3rd ship date. I’m fuming at this point. Already in pain from my tooth. I call Verizon via 611. I got a wonderful southern woman for said oh no she doesn’t like hearing that at all and she immediately jump the line request for me and said I should get it by my original date but probably earlier. So I have no idea what do think anymore. This is all icing on the cake for my terrible year. If it gets here earlier then it was blessing in disguise. She gave me a number and a text confirming my jump line request. So… tick tock

Attachments

• IMG_5368.jpeg
    IMG_5368.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5369.jpeg
    IMG_5369.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 49

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Hahah if only! Here’s the scoop for today. I chatted with a rep via chat function asked them about Best Buy and their promos. Just basic questions because I have another line I might upgrade. Well long story short 10 minutes after the chat ended. I get an email. That I cancelled my order. Wtf. So I re order and get a November 3rd ship date. I’m fuming at this point. Already in pain from my tooth. I call Verizon via 611. I got a wonderful southern woman for said oh no she doesn’t like hearing that at all and she immediately jump the line request for me and said I should get it by my original date but probably earlier. So I have no idea what do think anymore. This is all icing on the cake for my terrible year. If it gets here earlier then it was blessing in disguise. She gave me a number and a text confirming my jump line request. So… tick tock
Sounds like they know they screwed up and gave you an American rep and they’re trying to get it sorted out so they can get your iphone out to you.

Reactions: DcGamer05

Tdevilsg

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2021

Honestly at this point I would wait it out.

I did something similar to you, tried to jump through some hoops to get this thing faster. Verizon's customer service is all over the place. It ends up being large amounts of wasted time and often a lot of errors and issues.

My 15 Pro max is set to ship by the 27th. We will see if it goes earlier. If anything given the issues with the Pro Max that have been noted, I am OK with waiting for this new batch.

Reactions: SyrOrange

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT

I did something similar to you, tried to jump through some hoops to get this thing faster. Verizon's customer service is all over the place. It ends up being large amounts of wasted time and often a lot of errors and issues.

My 15 Pro max is set to ship by the 27th. We will see if it goes earlier. If anything given the issues with the Pro Max that have been noted, I am OK with waiting for this new batch.
Well I re ordered and got a line jump in. They knew something fishy happened. Last time I use the chat function. 611 from now on. Still gonna upgrade the other line at Best Buy though since they have no loyalty offers on that line just the standard. I was inquiring about the trade in process via Best Buy for my other line. Just a big mess. Hopefully sorted out soon. Thank you for the advice. I appreciate all the help from everyone on MR

Attachments

• IMG_5370.jpeg
    IMG_5370.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 52

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021

Correct. My Blue 15 PM was set to ship on october 13th, it ended up shipping on the 11th. So I agree with you that DcGamer05 needs to take it easy and let verizon do their job. It will be worth the patience.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Correct. My Blue 15 PM was set to ship on october 13th, it ended up shipping on the 11th. So I agree with you that DcGamer05 needs to take it easy and let verizon do their job. It will be worth the patience.
Yeah just don’t inquire about your other line while you have a pending order. I have been patiently waiting since September 15th when my first order was placed. I got a better deal then placed this order September 25th.
My buddy wanted to upgrade through Best Buy and I was merely inquiring about the trade in process via Best Buy. I wasn’t even interacting or inquiring about my own order. Same account though. 20 minutes after that chat. I get “ your order was cancelled” email. At this point my partner can wait to upgrade his until my situation is sorted out but they have the Nat Ti he wanted.

I immediately replaced order called via 611 and was told I would get my original ship date. When I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro Max years ago I had a payment issue and they did the same thing and but the request in to jump the line then I had my phone within a few days.

Last edited:

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Hey another update! My device agreement appeared in my documents a few minutes ago. Now when I checked my new order I can no longer cancel. It’s gonna ship I’m almost certain. Thanks for checking in on my drama and giving me hope.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Hey another update! My device agreement appeared in my documents a few minutes ago. Now when I checked my new order I can no longer cancel. It’s gonna ship I’m almost certain. Thanks for checking in on my drama and giving me hope.
That's what we Apple fans here are for: To give people like you some support.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
interesting, wonder if the jump form request from the order cancelling got the order to ship out faster.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
interesting, wonder if the jump form request from the order cancelling got the order to ship out faster.
Most likely had an Apple Pay issue as well all is resolved. Used the forum as my outlet. Thank you all again. It’s been fun! It is just a phone and that’s exactly why I am here. My order shipped via UPS this morning.

dslrjunky

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Most likely had an Apple Pay issue as well all is resolved. Used the forum as my outlet. Thank you all again. It’s been fun! It is just a phone and that’s exactly why I am here. My order shipped via UPS this morning.
now hopefully you won't end up on a verizon thread getting screwed over the trade-in credits... 😂

• Haha

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
If I do I’ll keep it to myself. 🙂🫣🤣😂
Happy to see that your phone got shipped and if this happens again, please try to keep your venting off this forum. I did tell you that your patience will be worth the wait and it did. :)

Now since your case is closed now in this situation, I’m glad we could be some help and that I wish you well in your life and hopefully your iPhone will be exactly what you wanted given your issues with Verizon.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Happy to see that your phone got shipped and if this happens again, please try to keep your venting off this forum. I did tell you that your patience will be worth the wait and it did. :)

Now since your case is closed now in this situation, I’m glad we could be some help and that I wish you well in your life and hopefully your iPhone will be exactly what you wanted given your issues with Verizon.
Thank you for the kind words. I know I vented quite a bit here. I totally overshared to annoyance to some but MR really makes everyone feel welcome and that’s nice.

I have a scheduled delivery of Monday so that’s awesome. Shipping out from Redlands CA. It’s 1.5 lbs. is that normal? Seems kinda heavy for one phone. Once it gets here can’t wait to post some pictures of the fall landscapes here in CT.

As far as my trade in, I have a corporate store not too far from my home so I’ll just drop the old iPhone 13 PM off to them and no worries about it getting lost in shipping. How’s the 15 working out for you ? Was it a worthy upgrade in your opinion ?

Attachments

• IMG_5373.jpeg
    IMG_5373.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: Claudia P

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Thank you for the kind words. I know I vented quite a bit here. I totally overshared to annoyance to some but MR really makes everyone feel welcome and that’s nice.

I have a scheduled delivery of Monday so that’s awesome. Shipping out from Redlands CA. It’s 1.5 lbs. is that normal? Seems kinda heavy for one phone. Once it gets here can’t wait to post some pictures of the fall landscapes here in CT.

As far as my trade in, I have a corporate store not too far from my home so I’ll just drop the old iPhone 13 PM off to them and no worries about it getting lost in shipping. How’s the 15 working out for you ? Was it a worthy upgrade in your opinion ?

Yeah, my shipping info registered my blue 15 PM as 1.5lbs so, yeah pretty normal. You will likely get a trade in kit alongside your new iPhone. You already know what the kit will look like from my picture earlier in this thread. To me, the UI on the 15 PM feels lot like my old 13 Mini. it's just a bigger mini with more RAM, a faster processor. I really enjoyed the Dynamic Island and I got to see my Uber app interact with it. I can't wait to see what I can do with DI over the next few years especially when I plan to travel outside NY more extensively. I really was impressed with the 5x zoom. I tested it out. It could really extend out to the end of the street. That's insane to me and a huge upgrade from the old 12mp 2-camera system on the old 13 mini. I'm impressed here.

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Anyone considering, seems like Verizon has introduced a new promo now for Unlimited Unlimited new lines. Apple TV4k and Apple One for 6 months + $1000 trade in promo.

• Haha

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Anyone considering, seems like Verizon has introduced a new promo now for Unlimited Unlimited new lines. Apple TV4k and Apple One for 6 months + $1000 trade in promo.
Saw it this morning. Selling a phone they don’t even have stock of. Lots of IOUs going around. But here’s an Apple TV!

We have like 6 in our house already with our cable service they serve as cable boxes they’re awesome. Great deal though. That might get a couple people to switch on over and upgrade.

SyrOrange

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2021
Saw it this morning. Selling a phone they don’t even have stock of. Lots of IOUs going around. But here’s an Apple TV!

We have like 6 in our house already with our cable service they serve as cable boxes they’re awesome. Great deal though. That might get a couple people to switch on over and upgrade.
Too bad the bad rep that the 15 pros got might discourage people from upgrading/buying because the news cycle has been like this as follows:

September 12 - "We nerfed the regular iPhones 15 by slapping a gen-old A16 Bionic chip into them. Oh yeah we are forcing you guys to buy our expensive USB 3.2 cable if you want faster charging."
September 22 up to now - US carriers (including Verizon) "We underestimated the demand for iPhone 15 pro models due to our new 3-year promotion so we got backed up with orders since we aren't shipping out enough Pros/PMs."
Same time period - iPhones can't activate via iPhone phone transfers. Apple is forced to issue a fix on this.
Early October - "iPhone Pro models are overheating like crazy." Apple once again is forced to issue a fix.
Just this week - "Nooooo i'm seeing burn-in on my screen!" Same models gets burn in issues on their screens. Apple will issue a fix next week to correct this.

Hell, MR just reported that Next year the regular iPhone 16 models will likely skip A17 chips completely and go to A18 for all 4 models. That's basically saying, "Don't buy the current pro models since A17 is buggy af." Not a good way to sell the iPhone 15 pro models if you know, Apple and the US carriers are trying to scare off their customers.

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD

I'm so glad to hear this is finally working out for you after the whole ordeal you've been through. Hope your tooth is feeling better too!

• Love
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.