Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 15 variant will you be pre-ordering?

• Total voters

wateroperator1776

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Ohio
finally got shipment notification and tracking numbers from Verizon. delivery estimate for Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Ordered on October 9 through Verizon. Pro Max 512gb black, and a Pro white 128gb. Promax is coming from Texas and pro white is coming from California. Destination Ohio.

chrisf60647

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
finally got shipment notification and tracking numbers from Verizon. delivery estimate for Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Ordered on October 9 through Verizon. Pro Max 512gb black, and a Pro white 128gb. Promax is coming from Texas and pro white is coming from California. Destination Ohio.

Thanks for doing this. I ordered a white PM 256 on 10/11 so maybe we are getting close.

jimmyz80

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Apex, NC
Looks like my phone finally shipped. 15 PM White 256GB ordered on Sept 15th. Was originally supposed to ship on Oct 6th but was delayed. Now it finally ships, and I'm on FREAKIN' VACATION. Requires a signature, so I guess it'll end up going back to Verizon anyway... :(

t_kipre

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2023
Just got a shipping notification as well! Black 256GB Pro Max, ordered on 10/2. Looks like things are finally picking up with Verizon! Took them a while!

• Love
Reactions: DcGamer05

Markgnyc2

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2013
Looks like my phone finally shipped. 15 PM White 256GB ordered on Sept 15th. Was originally supposed to ship on Oct 6th but was delayed. Now it finally ships, and I'm on FREAKIN' VACATION. Requires a signature, so I guess it'll end up going back to Verizon anyway... :(
Try to have it diverted to either a UPS or FedEx location for pick up.

jimmyz80

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Apex, NC
Try to have it diverted to either a UPS or FedEx location for pick up.
UPS won't let me do that, and I've been on hold with Verizon for like an hour while they try to figure out if it's something they can do. Ugh....

*UPDATE* Verizon and UPS got together and determined that neither of them can update the delivery date or hold the delivery. So most likely my phone will go back to Verizon and the order will be cancelled. Lame AF. :/

Last edited:

Markgnyc2

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2013
UPS won't let me do that, and I've been on hold with Verizon for like an hour while they try to figure out if it's something they can do. Ugh....

*UPDATE* Verizon and UPS got together and determined that neither of them can update the delivery date or hold the delivery. So most likely my phone will go back to Verizon and the order will be cancelled. Lame AF. :/
Sorry that sucks. I used to be able to request that I pick up the phone at the nearest UPS hub. I guess they wont allow that anymore? Which is crazy since you dont know when your phone is shipping so how can you plan on being home on any particular random day when they decide to ship it? Has to be a better way.

• Sad
Reactions: SyrOrange

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009

did you try calling/talking to the nearest UPS hub? this is where the package is dispatched and you maybe able to talk to someone to hold it there off the books.

wateroperator1776

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Ohio

Cancelled order for missing delivery? Don’t they just try to deliver the following day?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I think Verizon is turning on more bandwidth because speeds have dramatically increased where I am the past week. I've never had anything over 1gbps. I know it's unnecessary, but these speeds are crazy

IMG_0135.png

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
I think Verizon is turning on more bandwidth because speeds have dramatically increased where I am the past week. I've never had anything over 1gbps. I know it's unnecessary, but these speeds are crazy

View attachment 2300143
I happened to run one in Hartford Ct and was blown away. Excellent speeds. I like progress

Attachments

• IMG_5400.png
    IMG_5400.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: dannyyankou

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I happened to run one in Hartford Ct and was blown away. Excellent speeds. I like progress
Verizon is installing 2 rooftop antennas in my neighborhood near my house and I can't wait for them to turn them on, reception sucks near my house. The signal is always under -100 dBms. The wireless infrastructure is so outdated here because there's lots of paranoia about radiation from 5G and 4G. But parents have been having trouble calling their kids after school, so they're sucking it up for the most part now.

dslrjunky

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
what's your vzw plan? I have Unlimited Welcome, on speedtest.net I'm at 140+ mb/sec, while on fast.com I'm barely 2mb/sec. I live in Orange, CA.

Very disappointed to say the least..

• Sad

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
what's your vzw plan? I have Unlimited Welcome, on speedtest.net I'm at 140+ mb/sec, while on fast.com I'm barely 2mb/sec. I live in Orange, CA.

Very disappointed to say the least..
I’m on the old Play more unlimited my other line is on the unlimited ultimate plan. I did not expect to get those speeds and that’s on my old iPhone 13 PM.

Back home in my smaller city we also have 5G UW but the highest speeds I’ve ever gotten were around 800mbps but usually around 200-300. My neighborhood is more rural they just upgraded the towers here. I’m not blown away but things are working better overall. I’d say my result was the exception not the rule unfortunately.

dslrjunky

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
I’m on the old Play more unlimited my other line is on the unlimited ultimate plan. I did not expect to get those speeds and that’s on my old iPhone 13 PM.

Back home in my smaller city we also have 5G UW but the highest speeds I’ve ever gotten were around 800mbps but usually around 200-300. My neighborhood is more rural they just upgraded the towers here. I’m not blown away but things are working better overall. I’d say my result was the exception not the rule unfortunately.

so there really is a speed distinction on the speeds depending on the plan? I was on the retention plan and to get the 15PM upgrade I needed to switch to unlimited welcome and the speed seem the same... 🙃

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
so there really is a speed distinction on the speeds depending on the plan? I was on the retention plan and to get the 15PM upgrade I needed to switch to unlimited welcome and the speed seem the same... 🙃
I don’t think there is a difference. As long as the plan receives the UW signal you should get similar speeds. The only thing I know is the 15s modem is supposedly faster than the 13.
Also I think the basic welcome unlimited plans aren’t prioritized. Do you get 5G UW on your phone? On the old welcome plans they didn’t even include that but I think the new plan does.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
wait, is that through Visible (connection type says Visible)? that is pretty good.
Unlimited Plus
Yep. They had a deal, 6 months for $35. I had an awful experience with them earlier in the year and switched to T-Mobile, then they started making some policy changes I didn't like, so I gave Visible another chance. And I'm glad I did, no issues so far. But your mileage may vary. On top of that I got an Apple Watch plan for only $5/month.

The speeds were consistent too, I did 5 tests in a row and they were all over 1,200 MBPS

tharitm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Yep. They had a deal, 6 months for $35. I had an awful experience with them earlier in the year and switched to T-Mobile, then they started making some policy changes I didn't like, so I gave Visible another chance. And I'm glad I did, no issues so far. But your mileage may vary. On top of that I got an Apple Watch plan for only $5/month.

The speeds were consistent too, I did 5 tests in a row and they were all over 1,200 MBPS
Yeah Visible is pretty good for the money.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Out for delivery. Also noticed I had new discounts applied to my lines. Awesome deal for two lines with phones now. Any one getting a loyalty discount stacked with the temporary loyalty promo ? Seems to have worked for me. Took about 3 weeks for the discount to appear.

Attachments

• IMG_5409.jpeg
    IMG_5409.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5408.jpeg
    IMG_5408.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: tharitm

dslrjunky

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Out for delivery. Also noticed I had new discounts applied to my lines. Awesome deal for two lines with phones now. Any one getting a loyalty discount stacked with the temporary loyalty promo ? Seems to have worked for me. Took about 3 weeks for the discount to appear.
yep same here.. I have extra $25/mo acct level and $10/mo for 12 mos each line

• Love

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
yep same here.. I have extra $25/mo acct level and $10/mo for 12 mos each line
I almost thought that $10 for 12 months wasn’t going to apply to my acct it took around 3 weeks to show up. I love how Verizon allows these discounts to stack. Awesome you got them too! If you have two lines or more you can ask about that $25 being upped to $30 or $40. Mine started out as a $20 discount and within a year I was able to snag a $40 discount. Hopefully they can hook you up with something similar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.