Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
It was the lighting. When I saw the same phone at my store, it was definitely blue.
I'm surprised at how bad the lighting at most Apple Stores is and how long it's been that way. It can be difficult to judge a lot of colors accurately. Given the care and marketing that Apple devotes to design issues, including color, I would have thought store lighting would have been improved a long time ago.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Once Hubby's yellow submarine flashback gets done, we expect to see pics not to mention a usage update on the PWM.
Sadly I’m going to have to send my beautiful blue back. It’s giving me migraine headache when I try to do my emails on it. I’m dizzy as heck right now. I’m not sad though. I knew this was a strong possibility. I’ve been struggling with Apple displays for years now. I can’t even use my LCD displays. I end up with a white shimmer that overtakes my vision when I use LCD. I’m able to use some Android OLED displays and the display on my 12 Pro Max.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Sadly I’m going to have to send my beautiful blue back. It’s giving me migraine headache when I try to do my emails on it. I’m dizzy as heck right now. I’m not sad though. I knew this was a strong possibility. I’ve been struggling with Apple displays for years now. I can’t even use my LCD displays. I end up with a white shimmer that overtakes my vision when I use LCD. I’m able to use some Android OLED displays and the display on my 12 Pro Max.
Hate to read that again, GM. I know you are frustrated. Maybe next year. Sad phone day.

Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Hate to read that again, GM. I know you are frustrated. Maybe next year. Sad phone day.
Well I used to be frustrated but I’ve been through this enough times I’m philosophical about it. And I feel very fortunate I can still use the 12 Pro Max. Others with the same kind of sensitivity can’t use iPhones with any kind of OLED display.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Once Hubby's yellow submarine flashback gets done, we expect to see pics not to mention a usage update on the PWM.
Okay I finally got a sort of sunny day here. We were under such a thick blanket of Titanium Grey clouds for a little over a week. 😝

So I finally took the clear case off of my Blue 15 Pro Max. I’d never seen it without the case because the first thing I did upon opening the box was slap the screen protector on and put the case on. There was no reason not to because the lighting was so poor.

I will be returning this phone to Apple. It’s a shame because it’s beautiful and is one of the ones that has not overheated since I got it. But I do think something is weird about the camera after all, because I went to take some photos of one of my cats and some of the photos were so incredibly noisy they looked like a water color painting! I then used my S23 Ultra and replicated the same shots and the results were much better. Granted this was somewhat low light but still…$1000 plus camera phone can do better than that.

So anyway I did get the photos and I put it next to my beautiful purple phone. These are thumbnail images to save loading times.

IMG_0011.jpeg
IMG_0012.jpeg

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Okay I finally got a sort of sunny day here. We were under such a thick blanket of Titanium Grey clouds for a little over a week. 😝

So I finally took the clear case off of my Blue 15 Pro Max. I’d never seen it without the case because the first thing I did upon opening the box was slap the screen protector on and put the case on. There was no reason not to because the lighting was so poor.

I will be returning this phone to Apple. It’s a shame because it’s beautiful and is one of the ones that has not overheated since I got it. But I do think something is weird about the camera after all, because I went to take some photos of one of my cats and some of the photos were so incredibly noisy they looked like a water color painting! I then used my S23 Ultra and replicated the same shots and the results were much better. Granted this was somewhat low light but still…$1000 plus camera phone can do better than that.

So anyway I did get the photos and I put it next to my beautiful purple phone. These are thumbnail images to save loading times.

View attachment 2282598
View attachment 2282599
They look good side by side. Maybe a mint green 15 might work. :)

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
They look good side by side. Maybe a mint green 15 might work. :)
I have a mint green 11 still in good working order, that I still look at every day! 😊 I used to have a green 12 mini, too. But one color of iPhone that I haven’t had since my rose gold 6sPlus is pink.

So I’m going for pink! Pink iPhone 15. I have a pink Samsung S23 Ultra (that I’m keeping and not upgrading in February) so I’m going for Team Pink. Keeping my fingers crossed that this time I get to keep the new iPhone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.