Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

c6n

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2022
Contact key verification in messages and the favorites playlist in Apple Music are now available

bamf-hacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
The springboard now constantly comes up after you close out of apps and you dont need to open it from control center or the Digital Crown...

It also made me re-do my persona after install and the new one is much better.

euron8

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
I don't have an option on my AVP to select the beta. I have the option available on my iPad, iPhone, etc. Anyone else encounter this and know how to get the option to show up? I've already tried force closing the settings app, restarting gracefully and force restarting the AVP...still no joy.

bamf-hacker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
You might have to have a developer account or register your Apple ID as a developer to get it.

Reactions: Adult80HD

wepiii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2012
Such as….??????
Random restarts, glitches in the right eye only for some reason, Windows freezing, keyboard dissapearing and not returning… All good though, It was sort of in beta anyway, I’m sure somthing else will be out software wise sooner rather than later

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Random restarts, glitches in the right eye only for some reason, Windows freezing, keyboard dissapearing and not returning… All good though, It was sort of in beta anyway, I’m sure somthing else will be out software wise sooner rather than later

My beta version reboots over and over again if I try to create a Persona while AirPods are connected.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
I’m debating whether or not I should install it. I’m normally all for developer beta’s but didn’t start installing them for the Watch until recently because of what a PITA it can be to roll them back. I don’t know what that process looks like for the AVP or if it’s even possible without a trip to the Apple Store or the developer strap with the USB-C port. That and it doesn’t sound like there is much there in the 1.1 beta in terms of bug fixes. Obviously if you‘re nervous you’ll forget your passcode those changes are a big deal. Otherwise I don’t care about the improvements being touted in the beta. I haven’t used a persona via FaceTime and have no intention of using an iteration that presents some 3D cartoon avatar version of me. That totally defeats the purpose which is to see the person you’re talking to. Otherwise make a good old fashioned phone call. To me the inability to take and initiate regular phone calls from the AVP is a much more glaring issue than the persona. Just take off the AVP and use your iPhone, iPad or Mac to make a FaceTime call so they can see your actual face. You know, that thing the entire feature was named for? LOL. An avatar based version of FaceTime would have been something I would’ve left out of v1.0 entirely in favor of filling some of the more glaring holes that are out there at the moment. Perhaps that time would’ve been better spent on making and taking actual phone calls and allowing for multiple user’s so the people you live with don’t have to have you put the device into Guest Mode all the time for them to use it. You know …. glaring holes of that nature instead of a 3D cartoon avatar version of yourself in FaceTime when you can use one of your other Apple Devices to actually show your face in a FaceTime call.

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
I installed the beta, and I will say, it feels more refined. I like the updated Persona and it does feel "snappy", although who knows with placebo.

I probably will wait for future ones to verify most people aren't having issues. Yet again, if they roll out beta for 2.0 at WWDC I might be tempted based on how many new features it offers, because it really does feel like a device that is going to take some time to feel well-rounded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.